It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British households will have to cut energy use again, says National Grid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Think he hails from Canada or thereabouts for some reason.

The price of leccie over here is indeed beyond a joke, but the street lights are still on, if you know what i mean.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My best guess is "no".

Last winter he/she/it was telling us Brits we would all be freezing to death and eating squirrels.

Frankly, I am sick of this blatant disinfo and propaganda.

"Deny ignorance"?

I have no problem with this blatant propaganda continueing on here.

It just shows it up as what it is.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

My best guess is "no".

Last winter he/she/it was telling us Brits we would all be freezing to death and eating squirrels.

Frankly, I am sick of this blatant disinfo and propaganda.

"Deny ignorance"?

I have no problem with this blatant propaganda continueing on here.

It just shows it up as what it is.

I can't count the number of times I have had people here on ATS tell me just how horrible my life is...lol I'm like really? Thanks for the update...

The real concern will be Russia as they are not growing their crops and their oil wells will freeze this winter without Western companies' support. It will get really ugly for them...

Just a quick look... this was from 2 days ago

European gas prices have plunged to the lowest since mid-2021, when Russia was just beginning to squeeze supplies before its invasion of Ukraine, helping to reverse a surge in inflation and bring relief to consumers.

The slump – gas futures are down by two-thirds already this year – hasn’t just eased the pressure on household budgets. It also undermines one of the biggest bargaining chips held by President Vladimir Putin – the ability to squeeze the region’s gas supplies.

With some traders predicting short-term prices could even go negative at times this summer, the picture couldn’t be more different from May last year. Back then, futures were quadruple what they are now and countries were forced to revive coal generation to keep the lights on after Russia slashed gas supplies.

There were also worries about shortages and whether Europe would be able to build gas storage levels before winter. Now, stockpiles are above average and might even be filled during the summer, and ahead of schedule.

Benchmark Dutch futures have fallen for eight straight weeks and are below €25 per megawatt hour, the lowest since May 2021.

I wrote a post on this that basically said at first it will be painful for that instant drop in energy from Russia, but the world is more than able for the EU to shift from Russia to others, just takes a little time and here we are. Russia will need to sell oil are firesale prices in the future as countries move away from them as a primary supplier...

I wrote this back in Dec "Natural Gas Prices Start to Normalize in EU"....

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I'm sorry to hear about this. But when a government/big business puts the welfare of digital assets and AI above the population what do you expect.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join