It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British households will have to cut energy use again, says National Grid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It has being a year without Russian Energy for most Euporean Countries had being without Russian Energy.

In Britain it has being reported that the households will have to cut energy to be used again.
According to the National Grid.

It has being noted in the article.
That Energy crisis is far from over.

British households will have to cut energy use again, says National Grid

British households will be asked to voluntarily cut their electricity usage again as Europe faces up to another winter without Russian gas supplies.

edit on 29-5-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

But what about all those electric vehicles most governments want you to have? They do know the vehicles have to be plugged in don't they?

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Growing pains.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The US grid isn't much better off, but it's not Russian energy. It's forced on us. They're shutting down our capacity to generate through regulation. Wind and solar don't work, not enough, but we aren't allowed to have coal or natural gas. So they are warning that just about anywhere west of the Mississippi could see rolling blackouts if this is a hot summer.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Again?
Sort of implies we've already had to cut energy use, which we haven't.
So yet again, absolute bollocks.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Weren't British people supposedly eating squirrels because things were so bad?
edit on 5/30/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

I saw nothing of the "demand flexibity system" that rewarded me for cutting electricity usage. I heard it mooted but never saw anything to let me join - does any one have a link?

Also I saw a piece of the BBC. It may have been someones crack at propoganda as it was filmed in Grantham - birth place of Thatcher who led the drive to privatise everything.

Anyway, a shop keep being interviewed said, reffering to current power costs, "the cost of an electric vehicle is about the same as a diesel one", so, given messaging it may well cost more in the near future.

The article also made the point that the price electricity being generated by the wind in, say, the North Sea,is linked to the global cost of gas. Can anyone explain why, logically, that is the case?

I hate to say it but it strikes me as a fit up to keep us under the cosh.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Its the southern hemisphere which is now entering winter. Not the Northern hemisphere. So even now they’re talking about winter in the Northern hemisphere which is entering summer?

You know what has been on the telly in Australia? How to expect higher prices for electricity during winter. Even after gifting Australian households like $100 for their electricity prices. Of course electricity prices are going up because they keep shutting down coal fired power plants and saying that coal fired power plants are causing unstable electricity in the grid. Coal fired power plants are unstable now. Lol. Its a joke.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

The money back scheme for off peak usage was meant to e worse than useless and saved people a couplle of pence a week instead of the £10-a-week saving stated in the run-up.

It's right about all electricity generation being pinned to the price of whosesale gas; the claimed 'logic' behind it is that in an extreme emergency gas plants would be the last to turn off/turned to as its so expensive and inneficient hence all prices are pinned to wholesale gas price but it sounds stupid to me.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Do you trawl through the media each day, trying to find bad news about The UK and other countries that are supporting Ukraine?

That is how it appears.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wonder why it is that America, Australia, the U.K. and Europe are all facing problems with energy when all have ample supplies themselves? Ah yes they are signed up to AGENDA 2030 and non renewables must be phased out.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Again?

When was the first time?

The last power cut i remember here in Glasgow was about 2006 or thereabouts.

Now paying for the stuff well that's another matter.

I'm beginning to think my leccy meter wants human blood.

edit on 30-5-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Weren't British people supposedly eating squirrels because things were so bad?

You dirty person. Eat squirrels????? They taste awful, now hedgehogs are a different thing.
In reply to any UK posters, I have to have an electric machine to keep me alive during the night so I'm on the Electric companies "at risk register" and they have to inform me of any break in electric supply at any time. Now in saying that I had a letter from them about a month ago to expect electricity drop out between 4pm to 8pm. Go figure.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Again?
Sort of implies we've already had to cut energy use, which we haven't.
So yet again, absolute bollocks.

So you are saying British people haven't had to cut back because of energy prices?

Are you in denial or do you just ignore the suffering in your aweful little country?

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
So you are saying British people haven't had to cut back because of energy prices?

Like everywhere else in the world, where energy prices have risen, people cut back, particularly on waste. The UK imported very little Russian derived gas and oil before Russia attempted to invade Ukraine, and imports nothing now. Regardless, the Russian's actions created turmoil in the energy markets, which impacted everyone.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

At least we are allowed to call the place an awful little country.

And say as we please for the most part.

Without fear of retribution, disappeared to the front lines to fight in an illegal war, or be imprisoned for the better part of a couple of decades.

Can your beloved Mother Russia's people claim the same?
edit on 30-5-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And those who do it get a discount on the cost of the energy they use for doing it , so they save twice and it's voluntary.

Struggling to find the problem with it.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not this again?

From your source:

"Mr Pettigrew told The Telegraph the service had been “very successful, even though we didn't need to use it very often because it was such a mild winter”.

He added: “But it was a mild winter, so we need to be mindful of that. When we plan, we plan for not just a mild winter but a normal winter and a severe winter.

“I would expect that the demand flexibility product will be available and will continue to be a service that we will offer as we go into next winter.”

In total, about 1.6 million households and businesses signed up to participate in the demand flexibility service last winter. It was used 22 times, but only two of these were “live” events."

This propaganda is just desperate now.

And pathetic.

And, Zaphod, what's wrong with a nice bit of Squirrel?

Last winter the OP claimed us Brits would all freeze to death.

I am heartily sick of this bs.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

"Are you in denial or do you just ignore the suffering in your aweful little country?".

And what utopian paradise might you be living the dream in?

Why all the hate?

I'm beginning to think that the sites advice might be not to feed you.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Again?

When was the first time?

The last power cut i remember here in Glasgow was about 2006 or thereabouts.

Hi, I'm Andy and I like to answer my own questions without realizing it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join