It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay Our Bills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

I have 18 months left until I hang up my spurs.

We already own a property we're renting out, so that will be our home.

My bride will work for a few more years (she's younger than I am) and I plan to spend my days with my dog and writing my book.

I sympathize.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Yes, I think it is all planned!

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Apparently UK taxes were to fund the Napoleonic wars. Thin we might have paid for that by now....a reply to: BlackArrow

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There is a new style economy that should kick in after the 24 elections.

Don't be square, get your share....or not. Might be a scam or perhaps another way for patriots to strike a blow for freedom. idk...you be the judge.

www.us-trbsystem.com...

edit on 28-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

What's wrong with them?

There is nothing in the system holding them accountable, not really.

If they run out of money, we always make more, and they can always legally take it. They're the biggest thieves out there, and so long as they can always game enough people into thinking their new tax measure will always and only target those other jerks over there, they're golden. And it always happens, and it so it always goes through, and they always get re-elected.

The thievery never stops, and the spending never, ever comes in under budget.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Honestly don't know how to fix a system so corrupt. They say voting works, but I don't believe it. Corruption so deep and on so many levels, what can one do? The whole thing needs an overhaul but I don't know if that can be realistically achieved in this day and age.

I'm a 21st Century peasant.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: alexandrae

Our government needs to grow up and quit over-spending, what is wrong with them?

They don't care about you or I. We live in a plutocracy controlled by corporations and the military industrial complex. The sooner people see the culture war is a class war in disguise the better.

I worked, I paid my taxes.

Not good enough. Governments need overthrowing and proxy wars need funding.

Don't feel so bad. My generations retirement plan is waiting for the American empire to collapse then starving to death. That and bitcoin...

Correct. This is a battle that has been fought for many millennia...The Elites vs The Rest of Us.

We've evolved in many ways but in all that time has anything really changed? No, they know that all they need is to throw a few trinkets or promises to the masses and it will placate them long enough for the next generational shift. Even if like-minded people like us on ATS and elsewhere see it clearly, what can the few of us do to sell it to the rest of the herd? We can't because they own all the levers of power and influence. The Elites know this and count on the fact that most people are drones who either don't care or don't have the power to create change.

So, take care of yourselves and your family but get used to the idea that plutocracy (and idiocracy) is inherent due to human nature. In a thousand years, it won't be any different.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: alexandrae

Our government needs to grow up and quit over-spending, what is wrong with them?

They don't care about you or I. We live in a plutocracy controlled by corporations and the military industrial complex. The sooner people see the culture war is a class war in disguise the better.

I worked, I paid my taxes.

Not good enough. Governments need overthrowing and proxy wars need funding.

Don't feel so bad. My generations retirement plan is waiting for the American empire to collapse then starving to death. That and bitcoin...

I try to get this through to my friends on both political sides of the spectrum because it is true for both... The sooner people see the culture war is a class war in disguise the better. -- both sides ... the ultra-liberal progressive bloc and the alt-right extreme is guilty of this ... the wealthy elite on both sides are engaging in a proxy culture war to maintain control over the entirety of the population. They use people like AOC and Ohmar on the left..... and then MTG Boebert and Gaetz on the right to rile up everyone against each other while the true culprits... the Trumps, the Pelosis, the Koch family and the Gates of the world laugh at all the peons arguing with each other while they collect their billions in profit at our expense.

This website is just as guilty of it .. throwing our anger at each other and anyone who dares speak against their political ideologies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join