It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creators of ai are scared of their own creations.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
From what I've read in this thread, it isn't AI we need to be afraid of, it's people who use it for malicious intent. AI is a tool like any other. It's fun to play around with but just like a hammer can do a lot of good, it can also be used as a weapon. The first challenge is figuring out how to keep people from misusing it. AI becoming sentient is secondary.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have a different take on this. I have a degree in computer information systems so I know about programming. The little that I've messed with chatGPT it seems to me like a glorified search engine. I think all of this hype of people being scared of it is just a way for tptb to put the blame on AI for certain things that is either going to come out or something that will soon happen. I think they are priming the pump so to speak.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
From what I've read in this thread, it isn't AI we need to be afraid of, it's people who use it for malicious intent. AI is a tool like any other. It's fun to play around with but just like a hammer can do a lot of good, it can also be used as a weapon. The first challenge is figuring out how to keep people from misusing it. AI becoming sentient is secondary.

Yes and a well succinct description of the risk.

You should probably be making $1M/year+ from a company in the field (no joke).

<< 1   >>

join