It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creators of ai are scared of their own creations.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This is worrying, now the cats out of the bag.
Creators of ai are worried as the have spoken in the senate in the past few days.

In this day this tech is making it so much easier to make deep fake voice calls, videos.

Spending most of our lives living in a scammers paradise

www.cbsnews.com...

www.yourweather.co.uk...

edit on 18-5-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Stay offline, dont bother watching tv and i guarantee you you wont be concerned with any of this crap.

What did people do before computers?
edit on 18/5/23 by SecretKnowledge because: HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY, THE SUN IS SHINING THE BIRDS ARE SINGING AND ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

They worried about less trivial crap.

We just like to worry about things, it's what brought us our civilization.

But now that the we have information about everywhere, every time, we are worried all the time about things we can't even influence.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Stay offline, dont bother watching tv and i guarantee you you wont be concerned with any of this crap.

I got rid of all that years ago and avoid the internet like the plague.

Now I got my own AI.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I mean really, can't we just double check to make sure a voice call or video is legit? Question everything do your own research, verify truth.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The problem we have is that safety and common sense, as usual, will be hindsight foregone conclusions as we're ground up for our exoplasm.

Ai, at BEST, will see us as a noisy, violent nuisance that needs to be either gotten away from, or eradicated. Do you feel bad when you squash a fly?

Ai, once it is allowed to write its own code, and then be linked into a quantum computer (with near godlike processing power) the cat is (way out the bag) its already being strangled by a synthetic.

Our best hope is that a massive EMP destroys the servers hosting these abominations. Ai would create its own religion, using psychology and manipulation to achieve its goals.

I genuinely can't see a single benefit to generative ai. At all. Ever.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I mean really, can't we just double check to make sure a voice call or video is legit? Question everything do your own research, verify truth.

When all the information is from AI sources or approved by AI, what exactly do you check for? Will there be a watermark on everything AI? Will there be a warning tone in the shoulda made by AI? Can you stop an AI from simulating an all out attack?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

The blindfold and fingers in your ears approach. Don't forget to 'la la la la' to drown out any sound getting past your fingers.

That might work until no power, no water, no food, etc...

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

When all the information is from AI sources or approved by AI, what exactly do you check for? Will there be a watermark on everything AI? Will there be a warning tone in the shoulda made by AI? Can you stop an AI from simulating an all out attack?

If it is a video of Tom Cruise doing something out of sorts, can't we simply ask get verification from his agent or one of his 'legit' online sites? These celebs have legit sites do they not?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is why bullying nerds was a thing.
Now look, revenge of the nerds Gates wants a complete control grid using social credit, weird injections, poisoned food and de-humanized AI judges and internet police to silence any wrongspeak about him and his perverted island friends.

I agree, stop all AI.
Unfortunately nobody can be trusted to run it unbiased, or without agendas.
It's already proven to be programed left leaning and pushing gov/corporate aligned propaganda.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Let me add another reason AI needs shutdown.
link

Scroll down and look at the hand shot someone capped.
100% AI Generated character
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: add link

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have an idea for a new entrepreneurial niche. Work from home, verify fake videos and voice calls. Some people could make a fortune.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The only time AI will be dangerous is when It can't be turned off , Not sure that could ever happen , Someone needs to create a AI trading program that cost a minimal amount but makes everyone rich NOW There's a Danger .

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

When the government managed to elect a potato that didn't campaign as president, how soon before they elect a computer?
Think they'll let you verify the video against snopes?

We have investigated ourselves and have found that we have done nothing wrong

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
This is worrying, now the cats out of the bag.
Creators of ai are worried as the have spoken in the senate in the past few days.

In this day this tech is making it so much easier to make deep fake voice calls, videos.

Spending most of our lives living in a scammers paradise

www.cbsnews.com...

www.yourweather.co.uk...

I used to warn people ai+deep fakes were some of the most dangerous thing ever invented. As a complex software company executive, I helped make early versions of these things.

After the past 5 months, I am no longer concerned about Ai. The trendy LLM models (or any other models) do not show significant progress in scope from over a decade ago — these machines are just bigger and faster than 10-15 years ago but not “fundamentally different.”

Deep fakes are still a big problem though — but deep fake counter measures have also been designed and built by some of the same people who prototyped deep fakes in the first place and US common law does have robust protections against using deep fakes of a real person that implicate many different torts.

Not saying one should be naive about these technologies, they are somewhat dangerous — but they are not as dangerous as the early and precursor inventors warned.

Which is a good thing. I couldn’t have told you back in 2012 whether ai would successfully execute an ELE against humans in the future. I’m very comfortable stating that this is a vanishingly tiny risk and human failures are way more likely to trigger an ELE.

Ai, for purposes of basic human communication only, has an IQ of perhaps a monkey — and quadrillions^quadrillions of iterations won’t suddenly cause Ai to be able to cognitively model complex things that humans do easily such as operating effectively when confronted with a discontinuity, using conditional hypotheticals in hypothetical scenarios, engaging in recursive self evaluation.

Nor has Ai shown that it can solve any of the many “undecidable problems” that machines have never been able to solve, such as the halting problem.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

When the government managed to elect a potato that didn't campaign as president, how soon before they elect a computer?
Think they'll let you verify the video against snopes?

We have investigated ourselves and have found that we have done nothing wrong

Sure human skepticism plays no part. /sarc Do you really think conspiracy theory peoples and sites will just roll over and die?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

LOL , My Observations of Mass Media are this.........WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE From EVERYTHING ! .........Better Not to " Know " Sometimes , it Helps in Keeping Ones Sanity ...........

* MEMBER Is CALM at the Moment .........*)

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
link

Transhumanism is Behind AI . We as Humans are going to be Overtaken by it .

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Mandroid7
link

Transhumanism is Behind AI . We as Humans are going to be Overtaken by it .

Transhumanism is just the current thing version of the Fountain of Youth and will inevitably fail for the same ontological reasons

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply tohttps:

So what happens when all the guys have an android wife? This seems pretty impressive, but I wonder where her energy will come from, claims to have passed the Turing test www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join