It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upgrades make videos other than YT shareable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The only options are YouTube why cant we share videos from other sources ?

Am I missing a step not just a link to click but have the vids show , So many resources nowadays why do we have to draw all video sources from YT ?

The one thing that I do not like for any website is an external link that you have to visit another site to see the materiel . (videos)
edit on 13-5-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I Agree . Here on ATS We are nothing but Controlled Opposition for Googles Youtube . Our Society has Moved on Beyond that Nowadays , and a More Diverse Source Material Needs to be Accessible to Our Members .

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Not sure about anyone else but my UI is swimming all over the place. It's only happening on this site. All posts and replies are cut off towards the right and zooming in or adjusting is just about impossible. I can't get the site to fit within my device screen size if that makes sense. The UI doesn't fit anymore, can't navigate.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

The ATS Site is Still in the Process of Reconstruction . These Things take Time . Please be Patient . Here , want a Magazine to Read in the Mean Time ?

edit on 13-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah , the Peeps want their Embed Code Back ! All those 3rd Party " Cookies " are Stale Now......

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
The only options are YouTube why cant we share videos from other sources ?

Am I missing a step not just a link to click but have the vids show , So many resources nowadays why do we have to draw all video sources from YT ?

The one thing that I do not like for any website is an external link that you have to visit another site to see the materiel . (videos)
Even if you embed a youtube video, the embed is still automatically visiting the other site, youtube, to display the video. The embed is like a little window into youtube content.

So the distinction seems to be more in your head than in the technology. Don't get me wrong, I like embedded videos, and the fact that they don't use a lot of bandwidth to download a lot of previews to other videos as you get following a youtube link to the youtube page for the video. On the other hand, you lose some features in the embed, like you can't start the video halfway through if that's where the relevant segment starts, but you can do that if you link to the youtube page for the video by adding &t=500s to start the video at 500 seconds after the start. That won't work in an embedded video here.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Even if you embed a youtube video, the embed is still automatically visiting the other site, youtube, to display the video.

Then why aren’t there any commercials or ads when it’s been embedded here?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I do believe that one would have to get approval from each to do so .
Or at least read their T&Cs thoroughly .

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
@DARKO. Hey got a suggestion. make it easier to share pictures and drop them into post. currently we have to save them to our profile. Same as videos. its hard to get a vid to display for the non PC literate here.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So that’s how it’s done!

by adding &t=500s to start the video at 500 seconds after the start

Thank you.
a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Give it time.. Under new ownership. Things might change.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I second your opinion & request. The only videos worth sharing on ATS are on platforms like Odyssee, Rumble & Bitchute these days, YouTube is a complete waste of space, totally censored & therefore next to worthless on a conspiracy site. New owners, please consider this request & establish tags which permit the embedding of videos from other non-censored platforms.

Kind Regards,

FITO.

edit on MaySunday2315CDT04America/Chicago-050037 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join