It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pancreatic cancer vaccine shows promise in small trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:20 PM
link   
50% success rate is not a small outcome. This is the type of cancer immunotherapy that they were testing MRNA vaccines on before covid. Here they took the patients pancreatic tumors and developed a tailor made vaccine to stimulate the patient's immune system to attack that cancer.

Very good progress. I just hope they let others who have no hope try this as soon as possible.

www.seattletimes.com...

They would test their novel cancer vaccine against one of the most virulent forms of the disease, a cancer notorious for roaring back even in patients whose tumors had been removed.

The vaccine might not stop those relapses, some of the scientists figured. But patients were desperate. And the speed with which the disease, pancreatic cancer, often recurred could work to the scientists’ advantage: For better or worse, they would find out soon whether the vaccine helped.

On Wednesday, the scientists reported results that defied the long odds. The vaccine provoked an immune response in half of the patients treated, and those people showed no relapse of their cancer during the course of the study, a finding that outside experts described as extremely promising.

The study, published in Nature, was a landmark in the yearslong movement to make cancer vaccines tailored to the tumors of individual patients.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Good luck with getting anyone to trust a mrna vaccine let alone any "vaccine" ever again.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I hope former President Trump's "Right to Try" initiative for the terminally ill, wasn't cancelled by Joe Biden.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Good luck with getting anyone to trust a mrna vaccine let alone any "vaccine" ever again.

IMO, If this drug for people who already have Pancreatic Cancer, it's an injectable cancer TREATMENT.

You're right. "Vaccine" will be a dirty word for a few more years.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Taking into consideration that the mRna vaccines are DNA vaccines, what will be the damage to the body if from now on it will be a vaccine to target individual types of diseases, how much can the body take before it starts to eat itself.

That is my take, but beside that I am glad that those that have not hope with pancreatic cancer of any other cancer can have something to bring them hope.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

In a case like this, when you have zero chance of survival otherwise, I would say the risk outweighs the alternative.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've known for years that pancreatic cancer was out there, but recently I have known two people personally who got it and died and heard of some more local people who got it and also died.

My question is why has pancreatic cancer taken a big leap in cases around here in the last about three or so years. It used to be rare to hear someone got it. It has to be a change in chemicals in the diet or environment or some other factor. A few of the cases I heard of were just before covid came out, so it does not appear that is the actual factor. But the two I know personally died between 2020 and now...one died before the vaccine was out.

Why don't they focus on identifying why the cases are jumping up and fix that instead of having people need to treat the pancreatic cancer after they have it. I know, there is no money in that

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
At 99 years old, my Great-Grandmother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Three months later she was gone. It eats you up from the inside, like a living skeleton. I see no reason to object to an experimental shot in these cases.

This type of good research I could get behind. I truly hope this succeeds.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You sure about that?

81% of Americans are vaccinated for Covid, that's 270 million people.

And about 99.99% are vaccinated... period. Our society literally wouldn't function without vaccines. Kids wouldn't be able to enroll in school or attend school, people wouldn't be able to ever go outside without masks, go shopping or to a restaurant. All kinds of diseases would proliferate.

Vaccines are the backbone of our modern life.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

In a case like this, when you have zero chance of survival otherwise, I would say the risk outweighs the alternative.

Zero chance based on what? Conventional medicine?

That's the same argument covid vaccines used. Nothing else was effective right? Ivermectin? Vitamin d? Hydroxychloroquine?

There are a ton of alt cancer treatments that can be effective such as fenbendazole, fasting / keto based diets, anti neoplaston therapy, GCMAF (doctors were literally epsteined over this one), and many others.

The fenben one is interesting as I'm watching groups of people have a lot of success with it, way beyond any conventional treatment that promises 0%.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

You sure about that?

And about 99.99% are vaccinated... period. Our society literally wouldn't function without vaccines. Kids wouldn't be able to enroll in school or attend school, people wouldn't be able to ever go outside without masks, go shopping or to a restaurant. All kinds of diseases would proliferate.

How many were coerced and threatened? I don't know a single person that really wanted to get it but we're coerced and many now regret it. Also 81% is extremely inflated IMO. I bet the number is way lower.

What diseases? We are talking about mrna therapies, not traditional vaccines (that's a whole other argument).

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 12:22 AM
link   

You sure about that?

How many were coerced and threatened?

You tell me. Don't be all cryptic. If you know the answer post it and post it here please.

And provide evidence. The kind that can be used in court, not a youtube video, or a bitchute link please.

edit to add: www.google.com...

edit on 11-5-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   

You sure about that?

How many were coerced and threatened? I don't know a single person that really wanted to get it but we're coerced and many now regret it. Also 81% is extremely inflated IMO. I bet the number is way lower.

What diseases? We are talking about mrna therapies, not traditional vaccines (that's a whole other argument).

According to the CDC the number of total vaccine doses distributed in the US is 982,117,925 and the number of doses administered in the US is 676,006,980.

CDC

The CDC also claims that the total number of vaccine recipients in the US over all is 270,129,677 which comes to 81.4% of the population. Of everyone over age 5, 85.8% have been vaccinated, over age 12, 90.4% of the population has been vaccinated, over age 18 is 92.2% of population and over age 65 is 95% vaccinated. In the US. All this info is at the link above.

I don't know whether to believe their numbers or not, because in my real life, almost everyone I know got the vaccines. However online, I see a lot of people claiming they didn't get it.

It is pretty unbelievable to me that so many people got this vaccine. I mean, I admit I am not the most knowledgeable but even i could figure out I didn't need a vaccine for something that I had an extremely low risk of dying or even becoming seriously ill from. It would be like living in the Arctic but being compelled to get a malaria vaccine. Of course I am of the mindset that less medication is better, so maybe that's just me, but I don't even take ibuprofen or aspirin or anything like that. Also I knew that DARPA funded Moderna and so was very suspicious of that angle. Also threatening people's jobs because they don't want a new vaccine that was rushed through the approval process is pretty.....out there. It was never Ebola.

The bivalent booster has much less uptake, overall only 16.9% uptake in the US (this information also available at link above) so it makes it SEEM like almost everyone got the initial 2 shots, just based on the number being over 676 million doses administered in the US and the population of the US being approximately 336 million. However I have seen online and in my real life, people talking about faking their vaccine cards in order to get more boosters of the initial course of shots. Because they're that paranoid. So maybe some of it is people getting 4 or 5 doses of the initial vaccine as "boosters". I don't know but like I said it is pretty unbelievable to me that almost everyone has gotten at least the first two shots.
edit on 11-5-2023 by Antimony because: typo.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Why don't they focus on identifying why the cases are jumping up and fix that instead of having people need to treat the pancreatic cancer after they have it. I know, there is no money in that.

John Hopkins has a pretty good list of what can cause Pancreatic Cancer. I'm sure there's no shortage of alcoholic drinkers who develop inflammation of the pancreas, but you have to wonder if we're going to see an additional increase due to all of the inflammation Covid 19 and the vaccine causes in lots of different organs and throughout our bodies these days.

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It is good news but calling it a vaccine is very misleading ...

It is a Customised Gene Therapy ...

It is a technique and a core recipe rather than any one specific fixed thing.

edit on 11/5/2023 by AllAnIllusion because: emphasis

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

Yep, even the data in the Google link that Mahogany provided shows that the majority of people chose not to get a booster shot. So, that alone should tell us that the original doses of the Covid-19 vaccine was pushed on people due to the mandate and wasn't due to personal choice. Once people caught on that the vaccine was worthless in preventing Covid, people didn't trust what our government was saying about it any longer.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Apigenin and similar chemistries like narangeenan can help to reduce cancer risk in the pancreas. The actual research that discovered this was done back in the nineties if i remember right. I should say verified it instead of discovered because some people knew about this decades before. There are other flavinoids in nature that also deter cancers pretty well. Even the chemistry in black pepper is anticancer, piperine is a related flavenoid in this class

www.doctorshealthpress.com...#:~:text=Apigenin%20prevents%20glucose%20uptake%20in%20cancer%20cells%2C% 20starving,able%20to%20kill%20off%20human%20pancreatic%20cancer%20cells.

They could not patent parsley leaf flakes so they developed a vaccine.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My mum died from it 15 years ago and I wondered if long term use of tranquillisers caused it.
Then Terry Hall died from it and he was on tranquillisers long term.

When I asked google if long term use of diazepam can cause pancreatic cancer it said ......People are not normally prescribed diazepam for more than four weeks as people can become dependent on it if they take it for longer.

My mum was prescribed them and had taken them for 40 years......until she died.

Apparently there's a 41% increase in getting pancreatic cancer though......and 98% increased risk of getting brain cancer.

edit on 11-5-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join