It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting rid of certain topics because they are done to death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yeah. anything having to do with Transgenders are evil,deny science or reality. Yes we all know you cannot change your GENETICS. IS this a reason to pile on unless you have a personal hatred or dislike? No it is not but we have posters who flat out REFUSE to accept newer science and even when shown they refuse to believe it or pile on because you not like them.

I know You would like a place where we can discuss things Darko and I appreciate it. It is just some subjects should be off limits unless VERY VERY narrowly discussed. So I am just shooting this idea here to see if posters would want a stricter posting pattern on certain subjects. WHy? Because its always devolves into you this you that im so macho i cant stand transgenders or whatever the hot topic of the day is.

Anyway thank you for giving us all this platform to post on regardless of what you and th eadmin decide on this topic. Appreciate
the time.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It is just some subjects should be off limits unless VERY VERY narrowly discussed. 

Who decides those boundaries and specific topics to explore?

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So, we should silence opinions you don’t respect?

That sounds . . . Almost Mainstream.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It is just some subjects should be off limits unless VERY VERY narrowly discussed. 

Why not you?

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well this is a dangerous road to go down. Let's say the topic of choice is Astr0 or breakaway societies. How will that effect people wanting to discuss anything in the future that is similar to those topics?

If a topic is being done to death, then there might be a reason why so many people want to talk about them.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar

That sounds . . . Almost Mainstream.

Show me in my post where I say that specifically.Word for WORD.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Well this is a dangerous road to go down. Let's say the topic of choice is Astr0 or breakaway societies. How will that effect people wanting to discuss anything in the future that is similar to those topics?

If a topic is being done to death, then there might be a reason why so many people want to talk about them.

which is why I am asking opinions. People can have more candor when replying sometimes.Got to keep the forum in mind when posting a bit.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: JinMI

Why not you?

1. Im not qualified to tell anyone what they may or may not speak about

2. Ive never met anyone who is

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
if you want carefully curated and censored discussion that’s unanimous and unwavering in its advocacy for “the current thing” maybe you should check out Reddit. You will love it.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thought the scroll button was for bypassing subjects we're not fond of. I don't see people starting threads on a lot of other topics that they say aren't active anymore; maybe more people should start threads on topics that interest them? Be the change!

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:39 PM
link   

That's good advice, but I don't feel that it should be policy. If some of the topics are literally about the same issue and have merging posts and discussions, then maybe a merging of the threads might be in order to reduce forum clutter, but as soon as a blanket policy is put in place that limits people from posting then the whole of the site will be for naught.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I think I know what you are referring to. Hot button issues that are divisive, with no end in sight.

These issues affect people on a personal and visceral level, and all the conversation, truths, or proofs is not going to change anyone's mind.

So the title changes but the mind and heart doesn't, so you have the same people saying the same thing post after post thread after thread.

I have been guilty of this when we are discussing an issue that I feel strongly about.

I know when I am posting something for the umpteenth time, and I know it is not going make a difference this time anymore than it did all the times I had said it before, but I post it anyway.

Hoping this time maybe someone will get it. It does get old, and the wise thing to do is just scroll on by and hope that someone new will come along and agree with me. Because I sure don't want to deal with another opposing view. Because then off I go into repeat phase 201.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I am not one to not listen to the opinions of others but the spate of trans hysteria on this board and the negative dehumanizing attitudes and language used are a bit over the top.

It's like if someone has a different opinion or wants to engage in an actual discussion, they are gangbanged and driven off or reach the point where it is pointless to even calmly try to slow down what seems like the rage expressed by some.

With this supposedly kinder and gentler new phase of ATS, maybe we could just tone down the name calling and slurs so that more voices can actually be heard?

This topic is so embedded here, it manages to invade just about every other thread in one way or another as if trans people are the source of all the world's problems or something and some seem to be downright obsessed with the whole thing. It is hard to understand.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

You litterally just arrived

Regardless, when the dynamic went from adults doing their thing to targetting children, a line was crossed and the gloves come off.

Ask the OP how much flack they caught before the recent trans craze?

The sands, they shift. To all the people wrapped up in the uppity white liberals current sandbox that caught collateral damage, apologies.

Now you can join the ranks of everyone else or wait to be useful again.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Perhaps we should silence willful ignorance.

edit on 8-5-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Perhaps we should silence willful ignorance.

You really should think about what you just wrote......

I mean seriously give it some thought.

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   

There is nothing sane in these ATS(Another Trans Story)threads. Just phobes and closet people doing their confirmation bias. It's so resilient against new findings there is absolutely no interest in denying ignorance. They seem to be the threads where some celebrate theirs...

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   

🙄...... sigh....

The MudPit got archived and here comes the predicable "nibbling" at the free expression on this site because people won't play along with "new science". (or what I like to call, "Or•else•ology".)

We Deny Ignorance here. I'm sure absurdity is included in there somewhere as well.

Get used to being challenged, it's part of your membership.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Yeah. anything having to do with Transgenders are evil,deny science or reality.

I may have missed a few posts but I've yet to see anything on ATS about transgenders themselves being evil, denying science or reality around it.

People want to talk about the subtleties around the transgender "agenda" because it affects others in society. That should be a good enough reason to talk about it.

The "agenda" hurts women and children, something I don't think trans people want either and there are plenty of conservative trans people speaking out against this agenda too, like Blaire White, Buck Angel, Shape Shifter to think of just a few who are prominent. They are also the voice of reason from the trans perspective. Maybe go listen to them and understand that what they say is the same as people have been saying on ATS, except from a trans lived perspective.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

It's like if someone has a different opinion or wants to engage in an actual discussion, they are gangbanged and driven off or reach the point where it is pointless to even calmly try to slow down what seems like the rage expressed by some.

I see it the opposite way. A person posts about a topic because they want to discuss it. They share their view of it and while it's always open for disagreement, these subjects often get swamped with members who derail or muddy the waters in some way so that discussion cannot be had. They add nothing to the conversation except that they don't like it. Over and over. Where is the rage coming from? It's usually not the op in these cases.

Suggest people come to understand that there are many subtleties to an issue. The agenda is literally propagandizing the word "transphobic" to mean anyone with any concerns must be filled with hate, which is simply not true. It's become so bad that trans people are being accused of transphobia if they express these same concerns... and that, when you're on a conspiracy site should set off some alarm bells about the agenda behind the movement.

Conspiracy theorists discuss the agendas behind all sorts of things that are used to divide society. I'm really surprised so many are on here and can't handle all the discussions. As said by Nugget, you can scroll on by.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join