It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Germans say migrants bring more problems than benefits, want limit on refugees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: M5xaz
The real fear of the rise of Fascism is the result of the whole of the Western Worlds governments. When you have governments trying (and succeeding in some countries) to ultimately control it's populations with draconian methods, not caring about the population, but more importantly not even listening to the grief and troubles of it's populations soon the only alternative is going to be Fascism.

Some choice.

Made worse by the fact that some existing western governments are already highly authoritarian if not fascist. I am looking at you Justin "I admire China's basic dictatorship" Trudeau.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem is Fascism has been tainted with Nazism.

FASCISM:- Far right, Authoritarian, Ultra nationalistic and Protectionism. In reality break that down for the majority of ordinary citizens. For a start the vast majority of people do not give a damn about left or right politics. It's who gives them (or better still who they think) the better deal.
Authoritarian? Look around you and you'll find the vast amount of people want authoritarianism. They want some one, any one to look after them.
Ultra-nationalism, in layman's terms people for their country and their country alone. In fact MAGA could be construed as nationalism and when it comes down to black and white (like in Germany now) people will choose their own people above "foreigners".
Protectionism, easy one to answer. You've seen it time and again with "buy British", only buy American goods. May be that's too simplified for some people but that's what it is.

So you can see how the vast amount of people could be lulled into a fascist country.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
A new poll shows that a slight majority of Germans are turning against mass immigration, with 52 percent saying that they believe Germany should “take in fewer refugees...”

Translation: 92% want them gone.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Remember, Merkel herself said that multiculturalism is a failure. If you show that quote to college kids they'll swear it's from Donald Trump.

Multiculturalism is one of the reasons the US has more crime than other advanced nations. Our lying politicians like to blame it on guns.

And that doesn't mean any one culture is better than the other. It's just a fact that if you put people with different cultures, different values, different morals together--especially in a dense population zone like a city--you will get increased conflict and crime.

This is a well-established fact in criminology, but wokesters like to pretend reality isn't reality.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think the biggest problem is Fascism has been tainted with Nazism.

FASCISM:- Far right, Authoritarian, Ultra nationalistic and Protectionism. In reality break that down for the majority of ordinary citizens. For a start the vast majority of people do not give a damn about left or right politics. It's who gives them (or better still who they think) the better deal.
Authoritarian? Look around you and you'll find the vast amount of people want authoritarianism. They want some one, any one to look after them.
Ultra-nationalism, in layman's terms people for their country and their country alone. In fact MAGA could be construed as nationalism and when it comes down to black and white (like in Germany now) people will choose their own people above "foreigners".
Protectionism, easy one to answer. You've seen it time and again with "buy British", only buy American goods. May be that's too simplified for some people but that's what it is.

So you can see how the vast amount of people could be lulled into a fascist country.

I certainly despise any authoritarian government trying to control me/others

But trade protectionism is required in some cases, and has nothing to do with fascism.
Same with borders, no modern western country can support economically an unlimited number of immigrants, the social safety net would collapse.
Existing immigration law is not fascism !
Likewise, you can be a patriot, a nationalist without being a fascist !

What is this world coming to , to even suggest such an equivalence ?
We have to be ashamed of our own nations now ?
edit on 10-5-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree with you, but, the majority of people, that's the majority of voting people don't think for themselves and that is the problem. They are lulled into a sense of false security, like the Germans in the 1920s and 1930s. Please look at Italy now. Prime Minister of Italy Giorgia Meloni. Ah "but you say she's been president of the European Conservative and reformist party". But she has a grounding in Neo-Fascism. She is right wing and a nationalist, OK soft core Fascism if you want, but the Italians voted for her because their previous government was doing nothing about immigration. THAT'S how Fascism gets a foot in the door.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I agree with you, but, the majority of people, that's the majority of voting people don't think for themselves and that is the problem. They are lulled into a sense of false security, like the Germans in the 1920s and 1930s. Please look at Italy now. Prime Minister of Italy Giorgia Meloni. Ah "but you say she's been president of the European Conservative and reformist party". But she has a grounding in Neo-Fascism. She is right wing and a nationalist, OK soft core Fascism if you want, but the Italians voted for her because their previous government was doing nothing about immigration. THAT'S how Fascism gets a foot in the door.

True.

Again, I fear not the AfD but a true return of Nazism in Germany.

This could have been so easily avoided by just following very moderate immigration policies, as opposed to woke BS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join