It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liposomal supplements and the toxicity of lipid nanoparticles - what's your take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have been wondering about whether to buy some capsules or sprays of various liposomal supplements.

As you probably know by now, liposomes are essentially "medicinal delivery system" where the "medicine" is wrapped around by lipids (fats) and are able to get past your stomach without breaking up, and absorbed into the bloodstream where eventually the fats dissolve and the "medicine" is released into your bloodstream.

During the COVID pandemic and with those damned vaccines, well, the mrna, was wrapped around in lipid nano-particles.
I thought that I read in a few places that it looked like lipid nano-particles in the blood were actually quite destructive to the cells around them.
I can't find anything to back that up at the moment, as I can't remember where I saw them. Maybe there's a difference with the lipid nanoparticles from the vaccine IV injection compared to swallowing lipid nanoparticles in capsules, or via uptake through the blood supply under the toungue?

I know there was quite a famous thread here on ATS about making your own Liposomal Vitamin C I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

Cellular toxicity was dictated more by lipid composition than by the internal particle nanostructure or the uptake mechanism.

This is taken from the Abstract below.

From what I've read about the lipid nano-particles being used in the vax, and how destructive they were in the blood, I guess it makes me really curious about these liposomal supplements. Are they truly safe to have in the blood? Will their fatty nature make them more likely to make blood clots.

This website I go to get a certain powdered supplement (NMN) also has liposomal variants. One that you spray into your mouth under your tongue, another in liposomal capsule form.

I understand that they are a great delivery system to get the encapsulated products into your bloodstream. However I am a bit dubious as to the possible toxicity of liposomes; and I am also quite concerned as to the number of the supplements available that are now liposomal. There was even liposomal quercetin. I kind of imagine someone taking multiple liposomal supplement capsules, and all the fats start sticking to their arteries. and causing blood clots.

I'm wondering what everybody else's take on this is.

Toxicity and cellular uptake of lipid nanoparticles of different structure and composition
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Abstract
Cubosomes form part of the next generation of lipid nanoparticle drug delivery vehicles, enabling higher drug encapsulation efficiency, particularly for lipophilic drugs, compared to traditional liposome formulations. However, the mechanism of interaction of cubosome lipid nanoparticles with cells and their resultant cytotoxicity is not yet well characterised. We hypothesise that the uptake mechanism is dependent on the cell-type, and that cellular toxicity will be controlled by both the lipid composition and the uptake mechanism. The uptake of cubosomes into fibroblast and macrophage cell lines was investigated using live-cell imaging on a confocal microscope. Toxicity of the lipid particles was determined using Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting (FACS). Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) provided an overview of the topography of the surface of individual cells. The cells exhibited a contrast in uptake kinetics depending on cell type attributed to varying uptake mechanisms. Cellular toxicity was dictated more by lipid composition than by the internal particle nanostructure or the uptake mechanism. Surface topography showed many surface ridges in the STO cells which could provide a location for cubosome adhesion prior to uptake. The findings provide a crucial guideline for the future engineering and application of lipid nanoparticles in drug delivery applications.

Keywords: Cellular uptake; Cubosome; Hexosome; Toxicity.

edit on 5-5-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Oh man... like I don't have enough on my mind and here you post an intriguing question complete with a clinical medical study... but I can't resist!!!

I only skimmed the extract. I'll try to give it a solid read later.

I can see how some lipids -- and probably some more than others-- could be a problem if injected directly into the bloodstream. There seems to be a natural barrier of some sort to limit/prevent this in the digestive process. So more study might be needed.

I'm not sure it would be the same problem with ingested or sublingual supplements. Again, it might depend on the particular lipid tho. Again, more studies are probably in order.

Very interesting and something to think about. I hope others commenters are smarter than me!

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I’ve just recently begun taking a liquid liposomal D3/K2 supplement so I’m very interested to learn more about this before I take it too long. Im also taking a fermented D3 (liquid in morning on empty stomach, fermented pill in evening), and chelated magnesium. a reply to: DaRAGE

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: aldayalnite

Yeah i was actualy taking the same before the thought struck me.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Once Released into the Atmosphere , Nanoparticles could Overcome us All with Preprogramed Augmentations that would make Us All Less Human . A Terrifying Thought .

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That has nothing to do with this thread.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   

A "medicinal delivery system" has Many uses . What I suggested is possibly one of them . My Comment was Not Off Topic nor Unrelated to you Original Post .

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It's completely off topic, non-related, and certainly adds nothing of merit to the topic of conversation of this thread.

I mean, I could say a "medicinal delivery system" was used in Deus Ex, the video game, which enabled humans to be augmented in that sci-fi setting.

It adds nothing to the conversation and topic at hand.
We are discussing lipid nano-particles (liposomes), and potential toxicity, which might certainly outway the benefits of the "medicine" or "supplements" being released directly into the blood stream that way, being more bio-available to the body.

edit on 5-5-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well I just asked bings new ChatGPT...
Question: "how damaging are lipids (fats) being introduced to the blood stream" -

Answer:
Lipids are fatty, waxy, or oily compounds that are essential to many body functions and serve as the building blocks for all living cells1. However, when LDL cholesterol levels are too high, it can harm the body by increasing the risk for premature atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (ASCVD)2. When the LDL level is higher than 130, fat can build up in the walls of your blood vessels. This fat can plug up your arteries and keep the blood from flowing through them. If an artery going to your heart gets blocked, you might have a heart attack. If an artery going to your brain gets blocked, you might have a stroke3.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I think ,liposomal supplements are not harmful or dangerous to health. As long as the fat stuff is clean , meaning like the sunflower does not have harmfull pesticides , glyphosate etc...

Vaccine liposomal stuff is different stuff, they add harmfull/toxic ingredients to liposomal and then it is harmfull.

As long as someone wont take the active ingredient too much .

The phospholipids, fat is not issue ....that is the carrier , fat that takes the active ingredient to cells, like vitamin D3 for example.

I would not put my money to any powdered liposomal product....it has to be allways liquid and quality good.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I would not put my money to any powdered liposomal product....it has to be allways liquid and quality good.

Why not?

Just curious, because the place I want to buy this stuff from does the dried freeze powdered liposomal...

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The place i have been buying , actinovo have sayed that The formation of the encapsulation around the active ingredient is only possible in the liquid state.

I cant find more detailed about it now, but i remember seeing /reading about this earlyer .

The powdered versions are not anymore in liquid state . I would not buy powder versions .

You look more information from plantacorp website, they are the manufacturer of actinovo liposomal .

What are liposomes and why are they so effective?

Why are your liposomal formulations liquid and not in the powder form?

Liposomes are produced in a liquid atmosphere. When liposomal formulations are dried, the structure of the liposomes can no longer be maintained, and the liposomes dissociate. We conducted a bioavailability study that compared liquid and powder forms of vitamin C. This study proved that the bioavailability of the powdered liposomal form was as poor as a non-liposomal powder product. In comparison, the liquid liposomal vit. C had a very high bioavailability. Our Business Development Team will be happy to explain this process in detail

FAQ

edit on 6-5-2023 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Cheers. You just saved me a lot of money for dodgy products.

Thanks

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

It's completely off topic, non-related, and certainly adds nothing of merit to the topic of conversation of this thread.

I mean, I could say a "medicinal delivery system" was used in Deus Ex, the video game, which enabled humans to be augmented in that sci-fi setting.

It adds nothing to the conversation and topic at hand.
We are discussing lipid nano-particles (liposomes), and potential toxicity, which might certainly outway the benefits of the "medicine" or "supplements" being released directly into the blood stream that way, being more bio-available to the body.

" It adds nothing to the conversation "

Au contraire mon ami , you Lack the Ability to Converse with Others . My Condolences......

edit on 10-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
A reasonable question.

The problem can be seen if one has made there own. It's a pain, and to get it right is work. Which means, by definition, a good quality product will be expensive.

So, by deduction we can remove cheap products as even being truly Lip.

Then there is the issue of the quality of both the carrier and the active ingredient. Both must be of quality, not just one.

Nothing wrong with the concept, it is effective, even if one takes certain kids of supplements with fat the uptake is increased, the issue is mfg. which can be said about everything at this point.

One can use the Lip technique in the thread to create different supplemental treatments other than C, works pretty good with some trial and error.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I did participate in the Liposomal Vit C group... What I can remember is the ingredients are very important & the cavitron or gun/jewelry cleaner was very important too... I learned a lot in the group & made me own Lipo Vit C & it was amazing because I had a bad drug reaction that left me with extreme anxiety & panic...so me blood pressure was up a few time s at the Dr appt. & he mentioned statins & I said I just started a new supplement, give me a few months. It totally worked & blood pressure was normal & has been normal ever since.

I initially was making it for ADHD & the anxiety/panic. Look into Dr Linus Pauling & Dr Thomas Levy, also there is a huge cancer site too & people making their own. So the purpose of Liposomal Vit C taken orally vs other forms of Vit C was that it bypassed the digestive system & into your cells & blood & also crossed into the blood brain barrier...much more potent & effective in the body, meaning the body could handle high dosage.

I used Pharm grade Vit C, Purified Water, Lethicin & the top 2 choices to use for the lipid encapsulation were Soy Lethicin & Sunflower Lethicin.
I used Sun Flower Lethicin. Depending on your situation was the dosage window...ADHD & Arthritus I was taking 14,000mg/day, had zero issues & I felt great! Hope that helped a wee bit.

Did you try the archives for the previous thread? It was Julie (maybe) Washington? Great thread.

Edit The sonicator/cavitron vibrations stimulate & heat up the lethicin so the capsules open up & encapsulate the Vit C so that is the process I learned at that time.
Cheers
Ektar
edit on 1052023 by Ektar because: LOIFO

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Well I just asked bings new ChatGPT...
Question: "how damaging are lipids (fats) being introduced to the blood stream" -

Answer:
Lipids are fatty, waxy, or oily compounds that are essential to many body functions and serve as the building blocks for all living cells1. However, when LDL cholesterol levels are too high, it can harm the body by increasing the risk for premature atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (ASCVD)2. When the LDL level is higher than 130, fat can build up in the walls of your blood vessels. This fat can plug up your arteries and keep the blood from flowing through them. If an artery going to your heart gets blocked, you might have a heart attack. If an artery going to your brain gets blocked, you might have a stroke3.

Yeah, ChatGPT fails again, that answer is pure BS. There is zero real studies showing any of that.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Cheers yeah that helps. Im going to have to get into it

top topics

join