It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India overtakes China as the world’s most populous country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   

www.un.org...

We've been reading for years now that India was going to overtake China as the most populous country, but we couldn't have expected it to happen this fast. In the past few weeks I've read a few reports that by mid-2023 India would become the largest nation in the world... and then the UN puts out this statement that it is expected to happen by the end of this weekend. The end of April.

It's also interesting just how fast India is growing. In the next two and a half decades, India will have 15% more people than China. This can hardly be sustainable given how many people there already live in poverty.

Being the largest nation in the world has also been a point of China's pride for decades now. We've all grown up knowing China was number one, and that is no longer the case. How will China react to sliding into second place?

I'm not going to quote any of the article as all of it is good and deserves a read, I'll just say it goes into the fertility decline since the 70s, the disparity in the sexes and the higher numbers of males in their societies, and that with declining birth rates (that somehow still end up with 2 billion people each) their populations will become older in average. Their enormous societies that are becoming predominantly aged will also present great issues to their healthcare and social insurance systems.

No peaches and cream in sight here.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Is this more white privilege?

I cant seem to remember...

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A little sooner than expected yet expected nevertheless. With companies leaving China and moving to other countries such as India to just name one I hope China's CCP stews in the dung pit they have created for themselves....

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Didn't Biden announce he's giving thousands of immigrant visas to people from India that are in the tech field? I vaguely remember 87,000 which struck me as noteworthy as that's the same number of weaponized IRS agents.

I had surgery at the UW in Seattle in 2013, and every doctor on my team was from India. An awful lot of renown doctors and researchers seem to come from there; is the US co-opting the best minds from other nations?

The 'entitlement' generation in the US doesn't seem to be producing as many great minds as other countries with more traditional values.

Just an observation....no ethnic shaming intended.

new topics

top topics

join