It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran seizes Houston bound oil tanker in Straits of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
US Naval Forces CENT COM sent out a message stating Iran has seized a Marshall-Islands Flagged oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz.

centcom

the 'Advantage Sweet' was enroute to Houston from Kuwait

Marine Traffic Ship Profile

It has been seized north of Oman, as it exited the Straits of Hormuz.

Seems like a bold move by Iran, no doubt they knew it was heading to Houston.
edit on 27-4-2023 by Agit8dCh0p because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dCh0p

Poking the bear with a sharp stick. But then, Biden is the bear, so this will likely go unpunished, unless Xi gives Joey other orders.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Which is more complex now than ever since Biden has poor relations with Saudi Arabia, and they just struck a peace agreement with Iran.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: network dude

Which is more complex now than ever since Biden has poor relations with Saudi Arabia, and they just struck a peace agreement with Iran.

And all in 2 short years.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It does kinda make one wonder........"Why?"

Marshall Islands flagged vessel? Probably crewed by Phillipino's?

I don't understand that one.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It does kinda make one wonder........"Why?"

Marshall Islands flagged vessel? Probably crewed by Phillipino's?

I don't understand that one.

Yeah I dunno. Maybe they're still under the impression the Marshalls are a US territory and they did it to bust our balls or try to get more concessions from us. The Marshalls are an independent nation now, though. They're not our responsibility.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Most ships are flagged in other nations. Panama and Liberia are two of the biggest ones. Has to do with tax and labor laws, among other things.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I wonder how much Biden paid Iran to "seize" an oil tanker.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I don’t think there would be any benefit for him, especially if he plans a serious campaign.

I’ve never understood the theories that Biden is omnipotent and is behind everything. Things like this are happening because a lack of control. That seems pretty evident by his general demeanor.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I don’t think there would be any benefit for him, especially if he plans a serious campaign.

I’ve never understood the theories that Biden is omnipotent and is behind everything. Things like this are happening because a lack of control. That seems pretty evident by his general demeanor.

I was being a little facetious there, but he's his handlers ARE pushing green energy. Why not let a big oil tanker get seized? I won't disagree about the lack of control, and perhaps the lack of control is for things like this to happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

He’s still the president and officially he will sign off on anything significant. He’s just signing off on whatever he’s told to sign. The later in the day the better, when his mind is most shut down.
There’s probably a pecking order of 10-15 major manipulators, starting with Obama-Rice all the way down to Jill. Each with their own moronic / radical agenda.
edit on 27-4-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Philippines would be a staging area for the US in the Pacific against China....just sayin...

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Given that Iran has not boasted about this yet I assume it's a false flag to ruin the new fragile peace between Iran and the Saudis. Turn the heat up a little bit in the Middle East.

It could also be a distraction from either Ukraine or Taiwan. I think we will see before the weekend is over.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That's very true, but I have a question. Do you or anyone else for that matter really believe the US has either the military capability or the "will" to take on China?

Even if China were to "generate" the will to take them on, the US doesn't have the military capability nor the material supplies for a war with China.

www.wsj.com...

MINDEN, La.—Nearly two years ago, an errant spark inside a mill caused an explosion so big it destroyed all the building’s equipment and blew a corrugated fiberglass wall 100 feet.

It also shut down the sole domestic source of an explosive the Department of Defense relies on to produce bullets, mortar shells, artillery rounds and Tomahawk missiles.

The ramshackle facility makes the original form of gunpowder, known today as black powder, a highly combustible material with hundreds of military applications. The product, for which there is no substitute, is used in small quantities in munitions to ignite more powerful explosives.

If I ask the question: "Does China and the rest of the world know of the sorry state of the US Military readiness and supply lines?" The answer that comes to my mind is, "If China were afraid of the US, would they be flying surveillance baloons into US Territory?"

Then there's this:www.washingtontimes.com...

Our military’s recruiting efforts have clearly reached crisis mode. All our services are facing challenges in meeting their goals. The services combined needed to recruit about 150,000 new recruits this year across its six services. That goal will not be met, coming up 15% short. The Army is clearly facing the most severe problem, as it has met only about 60% of its target.

A tight labor market is clearly not helping recruiters, but a bigger problem is simply the shrinking pool that recruiters can draw from. Of the 32 million young Americans who are age-eligible for service, only 9.1 million meet the initial requirements. Of those, only 4.4 million meet academic requirements. The pool is further reduced by those who have police records, drug/substance abuse issues or are obese. Those factors shrink the initial pool of 32 million to 465,000 attractive recruits, many of whom will have opportunities in the private sector.

See that? of 32 million eligible only 465,000 actually qualify for military recruitment.

Recent Army data showed that up to 70% of potential recruits interested in Army service are disqualified in the first 48 hours due to obesity, low test scores or drug use.

But this is the story within the story:

The Army is accepting potential recruits who don’t qualify academically and sending them to a six-week remedial program so they can pass the entrance exam.

It’s not surprising then that the most recent results of the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA), a worldwide study of academic performance by 15-year-old students, showed the U.S. ranking 25th in average mathematics, science and reading. China ranked No. 1.

The "kids" can't read.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Biden will probably appoint a czar, blame Trump, then release another Russian arms dealer.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Biden will probably appoint a czar, blame Trump, then release another Russian arms dealer.

Rumor has it that Cortez was worried that she might be next, but that went away when a bird flew by.

I wonder if Joe will ask Hunter his advice as to what to do next, and I wonder if Hunter will want pictures of everyone's wife before he tells his dad who to send.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Heres what crossed my mind.... just spitballing so don't come out firing for the hip, whats the chances all of this is coordinated, Didn't China and Russia both just really chummy with Iran recently?

So we have an ongoing proxy war with Russia

China spy balloon

North Korea Lobbing missiles

We park our nuke subs in Seoul

Iran seizes a tanker.

both sides all sides

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Philippines would be a staging area for the US in the Pacific against China....just sayin...

Good excuse to "shore up an Ally" and use this to announce the US placing more stagging equipment there with this latest stunt clearly orchestrated by our gov with Iran.

All of the worlds govs are ran by the same people and it is a culling of the herd right now. C0vid did not kill enough of us, the shots didn't either, so WWIII and the next plandemic are coming. Strap in its only beginning. The Governments of the world are all working together against the people they "serve". Which tells me again THEY ARE NOT HUMAN. Time to face it people.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You meam Obama

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If you look at the big picture of the USA, it’s part of the plan. To destroy the US within.

I bet the recruiters are overloaded writing up “waivers” for enlistment, and I bet they’ll soon be handed out like Motrin.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join