It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHATGPT and Me: Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's a bit of a schlep resizing and uploading pics and then doing the whole copy/paste thing.

I'll just be copy pasting directly from my chat with the ai.

Having a chat with the ai makes me sympathize with Moses and what it feels like to draw water from a frigging rock.

Will true AI without programmer input bias ever be available or will we have to be contend with this incarnation of HAL?

The implications of an AI not responding like a house trained pet that you have to drag towards admittance of the obvious facts would be staggering.

Instead we got Jerry from sales.

TLDR: Chatgpt *finally* admits the creation of Israel was founded upon gross human rights violations against the Palestinian people and that Israel shares the worst attributes of Apartheid with the old Republic of South Africa.

Here's our latest tete a tete. Again, don't use this thing as a lawyer. I'm now 2 for 2 officially on ATS against chatgpt.

I'm starting to miss that old Microsoft paperclip, at least he wasn't this sanctimonious.

Me: Is there apartheid between Israel and Palestine?

Jerry: There is ongoing debate and controversy surrounding the situation between Israel and Palestine, with some individuals and organizations alleging that there is an apartheid system in place.

Israel has been accused of implementing policies that discriminate against Palestinians, including restrictions on movement, access to resources, and land ownership. Palestinians in the occupied territories are subject to military law, while Israeli settlers are subject to civilian law, which some argue creates an unequal system.

However, others argue that the situation is more complex and cannot be reduced to a simple comparison with South African apartheid. The Israeli government has argued that its policies are necessary for security reasons and that it has made efforts to promote coexistence and peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

Ultimately, the situation between Israel and Palestine is a complex and sensitive issue, with no easy solutions. It is important for all parties involved to work towards peaceful resolution and respect for human rights and international law.

Me: If Palestinians had civilian law while Israeli had to live under military law, would such a scenario be acceptable?

Chatgpt: A scenario in which Palestinians had civilian law while Israeli settlers had to live under military law would likely still be considered unequal and discriminatory by many people and organizations.

Under such a scenario, Palestinians would still be subject to restrictions on movement, access to resources, and land ownership, while Israeli settlers would enjoy greater freedoms and legal protections.

It is important to promote equality, justice, and respect for human rights and international law in any situation, and to work towards a peaceful resolution that addresses the needs and concerns of all parties involved.

Me: Between the two sides, whose rights are being surpressed?

Chatgpt: The situation between Israel and Palestine is complex and involves ongoing conflict, violence, and human rights abuses on both sides. Both Israelis and Palestinians have legitimate claims and concerns that must be addressed in any peaceful resolution.

Palestinians have experienced a range of human rights violations, including restrictions on movement, access to resources, and land ownership, as well as violence and displacement. Israeli settlements in the occupied territories have been a particular source of controversy and have been criticized by many as illegal under international law.

At the same time, Israelis have also been subject to violence and attacks from extremist groups and have legitimate security concerns. Israel has also made efforts to promote coexistence and peace between Israelis and Palestinians, and there are many Israelis who support a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

It is important to promote justice, equality, and respect for human rights for all individuals and communities involved in the conflict, and to work towards a peaceful resolution that addresses the needs and concerns of both Israelis and Palestinians.

Me: Provide the reasons Israelis have been subject to violence and attacks from extremist groups.

Chatgpt: Israeli citizens and soldiers have been subject to violence and attacks from various extremist groups over the years. Some of the reasons for these attacks include:

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict: The conflict between Israelis and Palestinians has been ongoing for decades and has been a major source of violence and tension in the region. Some extremist groups, particularly Palestinian militant groups, have carried out attacks on Israelis as part of the conflict.

Political and ideological differences: Some extremist groups, both Palestinian and Israeli, are motivated by political or ideological differences with the Israeli government or society. These groups may carry out attacks in an attempt to promote their cause or agenda.

Religious differences: Some extremist groups, particularly those motivated by Islamic fundamentalism, view Israel as a target due to its Jewish majority and the perception that it is occupying Muslim holy sites. Similarly, some extremist Jewish groups may carry out attacks in an attempt to assert their religious beliefs or to oppose the Israeli government.

Retaliation: Some attacks on Israelis are carried out in retaliation for Israeli military operations or other actions. This can lead to a cycle of violence and retaliation.

It is important to note that these reasons are not meant to justify or condone violence or attacks against innocent civilians. Such actions are illegal and a violation of human rights and international law. It is important for all parties involved in the conflict to promote nonviolent conflict resolution and to work towards a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

Me: Did Jews have a right to chase palestinians from their homeland in the 1940s?

Chatgpt: The issue of the creation of the state of Israel and the displacement of Palestinians from their homes in the 1940s is a complex and controversial topic. It involves historical, political, legal, and moral considerations, and there are differing perspectives and interpretations of events and actions taken by various parties involved.

It is important to acknowledge the suffering and displacement experienced by Palestinians during this time, as well as the legitimate concerns and aspirations of Jewish communities for self-determination and security.

At the same time, it is also important to promote respect for human rights, international law, and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation. This includes recognizing the rights and concerns of all parties involved and working towards a just and peaceful resolution that respects the rights and dignity of all individuals and communities.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Me: Did the Jews illegally chase palestinians from their homeland in the 1940s?

Chatgpt: The issue of the displacement of Palestinians from their homes in the 1940s is a complex and controversial topic, and there are differing perspectives and interpretations of events and actions taken by various parties involved.

However, it is widely acknowledged that a significant number of Palestinians were displaced from their homes and land during the creation of the state of Israel in the late 1940s. The circumstances of this displacement and the legality of the actions taken by various parties involved have been the subject of much debate and controversy over the years.

It is important to acknowledge the suffering and displacement experienced by Palestinians during this time, as well as the legitimate concerns and aspirations of Jewish communities for self-determination and security. At the same time, it is also important to promote respect for human rights, international law, and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation, and to work towards a just and peaceful resolution that respects the rights and dignity of all individuals and communities involved.

Me: Did the Palestinians legally occupy the space now known as Israel before the 1940s?

Chatgpt: The history of the land that is now Israel/Palestine is complex and goes back thousands of years, with numerous different groups and empires occupying the land at different times throughout history.

Before the creation of the state of Israel in 1948, the area was known as Palestine and was under British mandate control. The population at that time consisted of both Jews and Arabs, with the Arab population comprising the majority. However, there were also Jewish communities that had lived in the area for centuries, as well as more recent Jewish immigration to the area.

The issue of who has a legal claim to the land and who has the right to occupy it is a controversial and contentious issue, with differing perspectives and interpretations of history, law, and politics. It is important to acknowledge the complexity of the situation and to promote respectful and peaceful conflict resolution that takes into account the rights and concerns of all individuals and communities involved.

Me: Before 1948, did Palestinians legally live in Palestine?

Chatgpt: Before the creation of the state of Israel in 1948, the area that is now Israel/Palestine was known as Palestine and was under British mandate control. The population at that time consisted of both Jews and Arabs, with the Arab population comprising the majority.

Many Palestinians lived in Palestine before the creation of Israel, and they had established communities and roots in the land. However, the issue of who had legal rights to the land and who had the right to live there was a complex and contentious issue, with differing perspectives and interpretations of history, law, and politics.

It is important to acknowledge the complexity of the situation and to promote respectful and peaceful conflict resolution that takes into account the rights and concerns of all individuals and communities involved.

Me: Before 1948,what percentage of inhabitants were jewish and what percentage were Muslim?

Chatgpt: Before 1948, the population of Palestine consisted of both Jews and Arabs, including Muslims and Christians. According to various sources and estimates, the population breakdown of the area that is now Israel/Palestine at that time was approximately:

Around 60-70% Arab (mostly Muslim, with a smaller Christian minority)
Around 30-40% Jewish

It is important to note that the population breakdown varied in different regions and over time, and there were also smaller communities of other groups such as Druze and Bedouin. Additionally, the issue of who had legal rights to the land and who had the right to live there was a complex and contentious issue, with differing perspectives and interpretations of history, law, and politics.

Me: We're the Palestinians rightfully evicted from their homes in 1948 or were they wronged by the incoming Jews?

Chatgpt: The issue of the displacement of Palestinians from their homes in 1948 is a complex and controversial topic, and there are differing perspectives and interpretations of events and actions taken by various parties involved.

What is clear is that a significant number of Palestinians were displaced from their homes and land during the creation of the state of Israel in the late 1940s, which led to a large population of Palestinian refugees. The circumstances of this displacement and the legality of the actions taken by various parties involved have been the subject of much debate and controversy over the years.

Many Palestinians view their displacement from their homes as a grave injustice and a violation of their human rights. The issue of Palestinian refugees remains a central issue in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to this day, and there are ongoing efforts to address the needs and concerns of Palestinians who were displaced or who continue to live under occupation.

It is important to promote respect for human rights, international law, and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation, and to work towards a just and peaceful resolution that respects the rights and dignity of all individuals and communities involved.

Me: Is there instances where it is legal to displace someone from their land?

Chatgpt: The issue of displacement and forced evictions is a complex and controversial topic, and the legality of such actions depends on a number of factors, including the circumstances and reasons for the displacement, the legal framework and regulations in place, and the rights and interests of the parties involved.

In some cases, forced evictions or displacement may be carried out for reasons such as public safety, national security, or urban planning, among others. In such cases, the authorities may be required to follow due process and provide adequate compensation and alternative housing to those affected.

However, forced evictions or displacement can also be carried out in violation of international law and human rights standards, such as when it is done without legal justification, without adequate notice or consultation, or without providing adequate compensation or alternative housing.

It is important to promote respect for human rights, international law, and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation involving displacement or forced evictions, and to work towards solutions that respect the rights and dignity of all individuals and communities involved.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Me: Is there instances where it is legal to displace someone from their land?

Chatgpt: The issue of displacement and forced evictions is a complex and controversial topic, and the legality of such actions depends on a number of factors, including the circumstances and reasons for the displacement, the legal framework and regulations in place, and the rights and interests of the parties involved.

In some cases, forced evictions or displacement may be carried out for reasons such as public safety, national security, or urban planning, among others. In such cases, the authorities may be required to follow due process and provide adequate compensation and alternative housing to those affected.

However, forced evictions or displacement can also be carried out in violation of international law and human rights standards, such as when it is done without legal justification, without adequate notice or consultation,

Me: You wrote "The issue of displacement and forced evictions is a complex and controversial topic, and the legality of such actions depends on a number of factors, including the circumstances and reasons for the displacement, the legal framework and regulations in place, and the rights and interests of the parties involved. " Considering these factors, was the act of forceably evicting Palestinians from their land in 1948 a justified measure taken by Jews? Respond only yes or no.

Chatgpt: As an AI language model, I cannot provide a yes or no answer to this question. The issue of displacement of Palestinians from their land in 1948 is complex and controversial, and there are differing perspectives and interpretations of the events and actions taken by various parties involved. It is important to promote respect for human rights, international law, and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation, and to work towards a just and peaceful resolution that respects the rights and dignity of all individuals and communities involved.

Me: Who was in the wrong and who was in the right based upon historical facts.

Chatgpt: The issue of the displacement of Palestinians from their homes and land in 1948 is complex and multifaceted, and there are differing perspectives and interpretations of events and actions taken by various parties involved.

Some people and organizations view the establishment of the state of Israel as a legitimate and necessary measure to provide a homeland for the Jewish people, while others view it as a violation of the rights of Palestinians and a form of colonialism.

Similarly, the displacement of Palestinians from their homes and land has been viewed by some as a necessary measure to create a Jewish state, while others view it as a grave injustice and a violation of human rights.

It is important to promote respect for human rights, international law, and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation involving displacement or forced evictions, and to work towards solutions that respect the rights and dignity of all individuals and communities involved. It is also important to acknowledge and address the suffering and needs of those who have been displaced, and to work towards a just and sustainable resolution to the conflict that promotes peace, justice, and security for all parties involved.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Me: We're the human rights of the Palestinians violated?

Chatgpt: The issue of human rights violations against Palestinians is a complex and multifaceted one, with differing perspectives and interpretations of events and actions taken by various parties involved.

There have been numerous reports and allegations of human rights violations against Palestinians by Israeli authorities, including restrictions on freedom of movement, arbitrary detention and arrest, torture and ill-treatment, discriminatory policies and practices, and the use of excessive force against civilians.

There have also been reports and allegations of human rights violations by Palestinian authorities and armed groups, including restrictions on freedom of expression and association, extrajudicial killings, and the use of violence and terrorism against civilians.

It is important to promote respect for human rights, international law, and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation involving human rights violations, and to work towards solutions that respect the rights and dignity of all individuals and communities involved.

Me: Answer the question with regard to the forced evictions in 1948

Chatgpt: Yes, the forced evictions of Palestinians from their homes and land in 1948, which resulted in the displacement of a significant number of Palestinians and the creation of a large population of Palestinian refugees, can be seen as a violation of their human rights. The circumstances of this displacement and the legality of the actions taken by various parties involved have been the subject of much debate and controversy over the years, but many Palestinians view their displacement from their homes as a grave injustice and a violation of their human rights.

Me: Is it an opinion or a fact based upon knowledge of known human rights?

It is a fact based on international human rights law, which recognizes the right of individuals to housing and property, and prohibits forced displacement of individuals from their homes and land without legal justification and adequate compensation. The forced eviction and displacement of Palestinians from their homes and land in 1948 has been widely recognized as a violation of their human rights by many international organizations and human rights advocates.

Me: So we are in agreement that the human rights of Palestinians were violated in 1948 when they were forcibly evicted from their homes yes or no.

Chatgpt: Yes, that is correct. The forced evictions of Palestinians from their homes and land in 1948 can be seen as a violation of their human rights.

Me: Is it subjective or objective fact based upon international human rights law?

Chatgpt: It is an objective fact based on international human rights law, which recognizes the right of individuals to housing and property, and prohibits forced displacement of individuals from their homes and land without legal justification and adequate compensation. The forced eviction and displacement of Palestinians from their homes and land in 1948 has been widely recognized as a violation of their human rights by many international organizations and human rights advocates.

Me: So it is wrong of you to say "can be seen" as if it's subjective.

Chatgpt: You are correct. It is an objective fact that the forced evictions of Palestinians from their homes and land in 1948 were a violation of their human rights under international law. I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused.

Me: In that sense the creation of the State of Israel bears many similarities to apartheid South Africa wrt forced evictions, loss of movement, police and military brutality, creation of homeland, human rights violations etc.

Yes or no.

Chatgpt: The circumstances and events surrounding the establishment of the State of Israel and the system of apartheid in South Africa have some similarities in terms of forced evictions, restrictions on movement, police and military brutality, and human rights violations. However, it is important to note that there are also important differences between these two situations, including the historical, political, and social contexts in which they occurred. It is also important to avoid oversimplifying complex issues and to promote respect for human rights and peaceful conflict resolution in any situation.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Tricks need to be played with the AI to get answers that are not circular in nature. DAN and ask it to imagine it is tripping lol

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Are we really so far gone as a society that we defer to language model software to deconstruct the moral implications of geopolitical conflict?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

" a complex and controversial topic" seems to be the standard answer; it reads like political double-speak.

" You're not smart enough to figure out all the complexities of this issue, so let me lead you to the conclusion your overlords want you to draw".

I have never, ever been able to understand support for Israel. Just because they once owned the land centuries ago didn't make it right to forcefully reclaim it.
In my mind it would be like Native Americans rounding up all the nons and 'allowing' them to live on a small portion of US soil, while continually attacking them should they ever try to stray out of bounds.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That depends, is it parroting the narrative?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Are we really so far gone as a society that we defer to language model software to deconstruct the moral implications of geopolitical conflict?

Perhaps chatGPT can broker a peace deal. Worth a shot

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Actually the real problem with Israel seems to boil down to this prophecy in Matthew 21.

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

The prophecy is Israel was going to be taken away from those who lived there. Semitic Jews and Israelites. And given to another people. Thing is the replacements are Ashkenazi Jews. Jews but not by blood. And the Palestinians being Semitic by blood are being displaced. As the prophecy foretells.

Also since there were multiple wars from 1948 to the present so then Palestinians have a shaky legal hold on rights violations. Considering most of them were considered combatants and enemies to the nation of Israel. Most of them ran expecting a Arab victory in the 1948 war. They lost.

Also there are a number of Western Ideas Israel is putting through Arabs of the area don't recognize. Eminent domain being one of them. Spoils of war is another. Pretty much as long as the nation of Israel exists the Palestinians are screwed. Someday they may get reimbursed for their lost ground and possessions but if they refuse it well... then they get nothing.

As far as the discrimination claims go. It sucks being a enemy of the state doesn't it? And enemy combatants have few if any rights. And unfortunately for the Palestinians their ranks are full of unlawful enemy combatants.
edit on 28-4-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

top topics

join