It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Mitch McConnell's Retirement Is Reportedly Imminent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Sources tell The Spectator that Senate Republicans are preparing for an imminent leadership vote. “Multiple sources confirm that Senators John Barrasso of North Dakota, John Cornyn of Texas and John Thune of South Dakota are actively reaching out to fellow Republican senators in efforts to prepare for an anticipated leadership vote,” the report discloses, “a vote that would occur upon announcement that McConnell would be retiring from his duties as leader, and presumably the Senate itself.”

...well...bye.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a "devil you know" scenario.

ETA:

Source.

Also adding: Ol' Mitch wasn't clued in apparently...

I am looking forward to returning to the Senate on Monday. We've got important business to tackle and big fights to win for Kentuckians and the American people.

Link
edit on 13-4-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Sources tell The Spectator that Senate Republicans are preparing for an imminent leadership vote. “Multiple sources confirm that Senators John Barrasso of North Dakota, John Cornyn of Texas and John Thune of South Dakota are actively reaching out to fellow Republican senators in efforts to prepare for an anticipated leadership vote,” the report discloses, “a vote that would occur upon announcement that McConnell would be retiring from his duties as leader, and presumably the Senate itself.”

...well...bye.

ETA:

Source.

Is it me or does it seem the old guard is being ushered out? But yea I know where you are coming from

Diane Feinstein doesn't want to be put out to pasture but they are trying. Nancy Pelosi has been pretty quiet too

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Boomers to late stage millennials and z'ers.

Odd that?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

...well...bye.

ETA:

Source.

Is it me or does it seem the old guard is being ushered out? But yea I know where you are coming from

Diane Feinstein doesn't want to be put out to pasture but they are trying. Nancy Pelosi has been pretty quiet too

I see what you mean. It definitely seems like the dinosaurs are being pushed towards the meteor.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
that turkey neck muther clucker won't be missed by me. Go fade away and spend your millions you scammed the US for.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe now we can get someone effective?

LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Maybe now we can get someone effective?

LOL

What are you talking about?

Our US senators are VERY effective......

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Seems they're all jumping ship. All of the ones that shouldn't have been on this ship in the first place. All of the trouble makers seem to be afraid and wanna hit that exit button.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Most effective criminal organization in history...

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

If true, that's one less democrat we have to tolerate, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until the door hits him in the backside on his way out.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Who's going to fill his shoes? John, John or John......

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
According the This Gateway Pundit article, Cocaine Mitch hasn't been seen in public since he fell at the Waldorf Astoria in DC last month.

That's Trump's old hotel. I'll bet there's going to be a good meme or two out of this.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

McConnell, Feinstein, Fetterman. All OUT.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

...well...bye.

Guess 25 years late is better than never.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

We'll see how long Mitch lasts when he returns. He's 81 years old, fell and broke a shoulder in 2019, showed up with a bruised mouth and hands in 2020, and now had to spend two weeks in rehab after another fall that caused a concussion.

Up next...

Study: Concussions Lead to Increased Dementia Risk in Older Adults

www.healthline.com...

All we need is another Dianne Feinstein who can't even remember announcing her pending retirement or that she's no longer on the Judicial Committee. Republican leadership may have to make that call for Mitch too sooner than later.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He's only worth 150 million on a 200k a year salary. Seems poor.
edit on 13-4-2023 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

To Mitch McConnell, Adiós odious MF'er.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

My thought on it is that Biden is in for 2 years, and that there is going to be serious evaluation of criminality in the gov after that. So, they are leaving now, so they can take their money, and family and leave the USA to a nonextradition country where they can live in extravagance until it plays out. If they are left alone, they can come back in 5-10 years and live out the rest of their days, if not, well they got their money and a fresh start.

Camain

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join