It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King franchise with 118 restaurants files for bankruptcy after accruing debts of $14million

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: putnam6

Except when I worked at BK for a year at 15, fast food has always just been a treat for me my whole life, like once a month max. I generally only get it for a snack, like a wendy's four piece nugget for $2 or maybe a lunch once a month. I usually eat leftovers for lunch or a quality frozen meal. They do exist!

Would love to hear the names of those "quality frozen meals".

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I used to be partial to a Double Whopper with cheese.
The last couple of times I got one they were disgusting - something definitely changed.

The Grandson like McDonalds so I get him something from there every now and then and I have had the odd burger myself and they are at least edible. (About £6-£7 for a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, large fries and Large Diet Pepsi - approximately $7.50 - $9 I think).

But the few times I manage to sneak a burger - the missus strictly monitors how many I'm allowed - I go to a good old fashioned greasy spoon burger van that parks opposite the local McDonalds. About £4 for a double burger, fried onions, cheese, sauce of choice and an extra quid for traditional style chips - fries. Its far tastier and helps support a local business.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: putnam6
****Disclaimer the OP is in no way suggesting this means the economy is collapsing everywhere. The OP noticed their Burger King closed a while back and once it did the shopping center where the BK was, has lost a few stores and is beginning to look rundown and a bit sketchy. *****

Thats a lot of locations to close at once, regardless of how we feel about BK and thier food and service thats probably 1500 people out of work any way you cut it. In small-town America, those restaurants are the only place a teen can get a job.

I would imagine that would probably knock BK down a notch in the burger rankings too.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Higher costs and wages had hurt the company looking to build back after Covid
Follows separate closure of 26 outlets this month, with 424 staff losing jobs
By JAMES REYNOLDS

PUBLISHED: 08:09 EDT, 13 April 2023 | UPDATED: 10:25 EDT, 13 April 2023

A Burger King franchise with more than 100 locations nationally will close locations across six states having reportedly racked up $14mn in debt.

Meridian Restaurants Unlimited filed for bankruptcy in March, struggling with rising food costs and poor sales.

Court filings previously revealed the company was closing 27 stores in Minnesota, Utah, Montana, Kansas, Nebraska and North Dakota.

The economy is collapsing though.

Not sure it's collapsing but it sure is changing along with our standard of living. Some things have doubled in price while some others have barely budged. My buying habits are quite a bit different compared to a year ago.

I'm just happy that a bottle of scotch is still affordable 😁

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What happened?
Did they announce they will be now known as Burger Queen?
Anyone know how many stores they operate?

US stores are 7257
jesus
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: add to

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Definitely, fast food is getting way too expensive. These days, if I take my family of 4 to McDonalds for dinner, I can expect to spend over $30 !!! For 4 crappy cheeseburgers, some fries, and drinks. Oh and a couple of toys that my kids won't play with, hyping a movie they aren't going to see.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'll spend more to eat at a mom and pop greasy spoon than eat corporate industrial crap.

If you like Franchise food...you deserve to eat it!!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's hard to sell a 3 dollar burger when you're forced to pay 25.00 minimum wage to the guy making it.

I expect more closures from all fast food chains.

It has its positives, but like here it used to be prime real estate, but now it's sliding a bit

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's hard to sell a 3 dollar burger when you're forced to pay 25.00 minimum wage to the guy making it.

I expect more closures from all fast food chains.

What do you mean? $25.00 an hour MW is easily sustainable, ask any democrat and they'll tell you.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The last couple of times I got one they were disgusting - something definitely changed.

The Grandson like McDonalds so I get him something from there every now and then and I have had the odd burger myself and they are at least edible. (About £6-£7 for a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, large fries and Large Diet Pepsi - approximately $7.50 - $9 I think).

But the few times I manage to sneak a burger - the missus strictly monitors how many I'm allowed - I go to a good old fashioned greasy spoon burger van that parks opposite the local McDonalds. About £4 for a double burger, fried onions, cheese, sauce of choice and an extra quid for traditional style chips - fries. Its far tastier and helps support a local business.

That support for the local business angle is so important, we do have another place that's locally owned that does a damn good burger and their fries/chips are better than 5 Guys.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Freeborn

That support for the local business angle is so important, we do have another place that's locally owned that does a damn good burger and their fries/chips are better than 5 Guys.

Toadies supporting corporate institutional overpriced bad food instead of supporting locally owned business just shows the astonishing impact and effectiveness of MSM advertising. And feeding kids that sugary, fat high calorie, fake food slop just because it's convenient, should be considered child abuse imo!

edit on 13-4-2023 by olaru12 because: sp

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

That is a valid question!

Here is what I am a fan of.
If you would care to break down why they are not quality I would also welcome the information. The salt is a little high but not game changing:

deepindiankitchen.com...

www.blakesallnatural.com...

www.raos.com...

I pretty much rotate between those.

Have a good Thursday. Feels like a Friday...

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

This article is from 2019 but it illustrates what my point is.

The current CEOs of 11 of the most valuable companies in the casual restaurant industry earned an average of $6,617 an hour in the most recent fiscal year, according to an Investor's Business Daily analysis of data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. That's more than 500 times higher than the average $13 an hour earned by the median employees at the same companies.

www.investors.com...

Some restaurants are already warning investors to potential wage pressure. McDonald's median employee hourly pay of $4 (or $7,473 a year) is the lowest of the 11 major peers — and below the $8,269 CEO Stephen Easterbook received per hour last fiscal year. Again, investors won't have any issues, as shares are up 25% over the past 52 weeks. Easterbrook's pay declined by roughly a quarter in 2018. He's one of the other among the 11 to make more in an hour than the median worker made all year.

I think they are saying mcdonalds median wage is 4 dollars an hour because they are factoring in all the worldwide stores and a lot of countries pay a lot less than America.

Tell me what these people have done to earn this money. Just probably went to college lucked into the right job. Good for them, but if i was trying to save money I would not be paying anyone what amounts to $7,000 dollars an hour. Doctors don't make that and they save your life. What the hell.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Wendy's ain't Doin' So Good Either..........

Only The Solvent Survive .............

edit on 13-4-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I can't step down from grass-fed wagyu now. The whopper was great when it was 1 dollar still, but it's like $6.89 now. Why bother? For twice the cost you can have a much better meal. A value meal for $12.69 at Burger King vs a $17 wagyu burger with garlic fries?

To keep Burger King cheap and profitable would be using a type of slime that would be slightly above pet food grade.
edit on 13-4-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A double whopper with cheese when done correctly by caring employees is soooooo good!

On that note, the last time a few months ago was done by idiot millennial employees who basically ruined everything about BK for me. Never again.

And I very rarely eat out.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I can't step down from grass-fed wagyu now. The whopper was great when it was 1 dollar still, but it's like $6.89 now. Why bother? For twice the cost you can have a much better meal. A value meal for $12.69 at Burger King vs a $17 wagyu burger with garlic fries?

To keep Burger King cheap and profitable would be using a type of slime that would be slightly above pet food grade.

Ive yet to try Wagyu, I miss beef so much, especially a really good steak.

Is it a franchise or just a local spot where you can get this with garlic fries? Locally every time I try a designer burger joint I come away disappointed. Granted it has been a year or two since Ive done anywhere but the regular place or 2

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   
BK hamburgers taste the same as they smell, like garbage. The last time I ordered food at BK was about 50 years ago. I took one bite from a Whopper and had spit it into a garbage. Bad, very bad.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
BK hamburgers taste the same as they smell, like garbage. The last time I ordered food at BK was about 50 years ago. I took one bite from a Whopper and had spit it into a garbage. Bad, very bad.

Yeah , but they Still Think their KING.........................*)

edit on 13-4-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

dont worry i am sure they "govt" would still at least give Ukraine a billion of dollars more..

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Fast food wages were never meant to raise a family on.

Doesn’t matter if you agree or not.

Truth.

Raising the wages thereby raising cost= less business, less money, less profit. Closure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join