It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Eggs Benedict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My favorite breakfast of all time is Eggs Benedict. Unfortunately, it can be difficult even for chefs to get it perfect, while using tricks like adding vinegar to the water and swirling before you drop the egg in. I tried a different method this morning, and it worked wonderfully. You take a ramekin, and line it with plastic wrap, with the wrap hanging over the sides by a few inches or so. Spray the wrap with non-stick, then break your egg into the ramekin. Gather up the sides of the wrap, and twist it together, immersing it into simmering hot water for 3-4 minutes. The egg comes out absolutely perfect.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I will use this method tonight, VBT. Thank you

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Looks good! Except for the asparagus…

Great idea on cooking the eggs!

Best eggs Benedict I’ve ever had, the English muffin was substituted with a hash brown cake. Crispy with tons of delicious herbs in it. Flavor bursts in your mouth. I begged the chef the the recipe. She did not comply.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Super mucho gusto

I tried to make poached eggs.

I did the whole vortex thing.

One egg was almost perfect.

One was like wispy weird spider webs of egg white into a brain . Like I poured it too slow.

It was hard.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Looks scrumptious.
Good idea to do the eggs.
Any special recipe for the Hollandaise?

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Looks scrumptious.
Good idea to do the eggs.
Any special recipe for the Hollandaise?

I short cut the whole thing, although I have made my own Hollandaise, I wanted to see how quick I could do this meal. I used a store-bought Knorr packet, but rather then add 1 cup of milk, I used 1 cup of half and half. I also added approximately two tablespoons of fresh squeezed sweet Meyer lemon juice. Knorr by itself, following their directions is very lacking. These two changes make it work. I used lightly toasted Thomas sourdough muffins, and top quality Niman ranch Canadian bacon.

PS Thank-you!
edit on 12-4-2023 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And at some coffee-shops (brekkie, or breakfast places), they actually ask you, how would you like your poached eggs done?

As in soft, medium or well-done.

I take my hat off to those chefs (I'm assuming most at these shops are women), because microwave or stove, I'm just happy when it poaches!

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Appreciate the Knorr addons for making that sauce....I'm all for making it easy in the kitchen.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The likely origins of Eggs Benedict:

www.tasteofhome.com...

How curious, I was under the impression it was invented by monks, or a saint, during the medieval period.
edit on 12-4-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Looks amazing!

A chef once showed me how he does it and what's important, since I follow his advice, the poached eggs come out perfect almost every time.

-at least 2" deep water, just slight bubbles from the water
-no salt but you can add vinegar but you don't need to
-if there is thick and runny egg white, do away the runny egg white
-pour in fluid motion, egg white first, yoke following.

If you do it that way, you can see the egg white going in first, wrapping around the yolk with no spider webs or strings. Works perfect for me, everytime.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
The likely origins of Eggs Benedict:

www.tasteofhome.com...

How curious, I was under the impression it was invented by monks, or a saint, during the medieval period.

Thanks!

And AI says :

The true inventor of Eggs Benedict is unknown, but the dish is said to have originated in New York City in the late 1800s. There are a few different stories about who created the dish, but the most widely accepted one is that it was created by a man named Lemuel Benedict, a Wall Street broker who was looking for a hangover cure. He ordered toast, bacon, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce at the Waldorf Hotel, and the dish caught on and eventually became popular all over the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
Looks amazing!

A chef once showed me how he does it and what's important, since I follow his advice, the poached eggs come out perfect almost every time.

-at least 2" deep water, just slight bubbles from the water
-no salt but you can add vinegar but you don't need to
-if there is thick and runny egg white, do away the runny egg white
-pour in fluid motion, egg white first, yoke following.

If you do it that way, you can see the egg white going in first, wrapping around the yolk with no spider webs or strings. Works perfect for me, everytime.

There's that Damn Duck again! I was chef trained and worked in many restaurants. A couple French, a few seafood, an Italian, and breakfast joints. I did it just like you until today, but I have always wanted a shortcut that had good results. Try it this way sometime, I think you will be surprised how easy it is and how well it turns out. Eggs Benedict was something I always made for girlfriends to show them that I could do things other guys didn't even try to do. It always impressed. Thanks for your comment!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I will try your method on Sunday and tell you if I messed up or not, haha. Eggs are so universal, so many ways to prepare them!

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Forgive my ignorance, but is eggs benedict the same as poached eggs?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Forgive my ignorance, but is eggs benedict the same as poached eggs?

It is a poached egg on top of Canadian bacon, on a muffin, with Hollandaise sauce over the top. They go together wonderfully. In fact, I made Eggs Benedict for breakfast again today. It is so easy with this method.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

That looks devine! Great plate presentation.
Are you using any kind of special paprika? I like a really smoky and stout paprika. A good hot Hungarian paprika is my absolute favorite. Really gives it that extra, on that extraordinary.
Made me want some eggs Benedict.

s&f

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BodhisattvaStyle

Thank you. I have a good stock of Paprika, and many other pepper spices from around the world. On this one I used Morton and Basset Smoked. I also have both hot and smoked from Chiquilin, and Im sure I have some Hungarian in the spice cabinet as well. I do stock Aleppo, Gochutgaru, Chipotle, Ancho, hatch, and others. My favorite pass time is cooking.

Enjoy the balance of your evening!

edit on 13-4-2023 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: BodhisattvaStyle

Thank you. I have a good stock of Paprika, and many other pepper spices from around the world. On this one I used Morton and Basset Smoked. I also have both hot and smoked from Chiquilin, and Im sure I have some Hungarian in the spice cabinet as well. I do stock Aleppo, Gochutgaru, Chipotle, Ancho, hatch, and others. My favorite pass time is cooking.

Enjoy the balance of your evening!

Wow, yeah, so you've got the spice variety going on there. I usually only have one good paprika on me at a time. Ha

I too have a deep love and passion for the culinary arts. I did the chef thing for about 8 years in FL. I loved it and always enjoy cooking. I don't get to really throw down very much lately tho.

I'll have to try some of those paprikas you mentioned. And look forward to hopefully sharing some recipe ideas or techniques with you in the future.

And you, enjoy yours as well.

new topics

top topics

join