It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The serious & urgent need for video embed codes to support Rumble, Odyssey, etc...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hi ATS leaders,

Fairly recently (a few years since) an issue has arisen which is not going away any time soon, which is damaging the potential for this website to become literally the ONLY place to be seen, when addressing the evils of human society gone bad. We are those who club together & respond when conspiracies germinate & begin to grow out there in the world around us, causing real, measureable harm to our family, friends, coworkers, neighbours & other members of our communities. You may not believe it yet folks, but we are at the forefront of the culture wars, championing the cause of the downtrodden & the oppressed, exposing the political class & their elite masters for all the evils they have perpetrated against supposedly free humans in a beautiful world.

The magnitude of the damage is comically inversely proportional to the meagre effort it would require to fix the problem - the issue is that YouTube is rife with the sort of censorship of free speech that ATS historically has viewed as extremely detrimental to the cause of human freedom & truth above all.

The consequences of our site being forced to tolerate solely an embed code for YouTube videos, and for no other sites, should be obvious. Recent years have thankfully also seen a rise in several innovative counter-strategies set firmly against YouTube censorship - new video hosting providers who DO adhere to principles of free speech, in service to the eternal quest for a perfect world when all corruption & filth is erased from the landscape. We will never find that world so perfect & free, not in this life, but it is our solemn duty to seek greater freedom, evermore truth, lighter burdens on the backs of people everywhere.

Part of our role as arbiters of truth is that we must be free to openly assess the damage caused by the perpetrators of evils such as mass murder, genocide & human experimentation, to name just a few.

YouTube is so heavily censored that podcasters are forced to use it merely as advertising for their proper show, hosted on Rumble or Odyssey - a good example would be Russell Brand (whether you love or hate him). The two sites just mentioned are extremely professional operations, and the content which one is able to access (after suitable search & the use of discernment) has a far higher quotient of truth than anything one could ever dream of finding on YouTube. We need to be able to view truth from whistleblowers & industry experts, members of military & police forces, politicians who go against the grain, and so on - none of which is being hosted any longer on YouTube. YouTube is literally a joke at this stage.

Please, ATS owners - would you please make available embed tags for (at least) Rumble & Odyssey, please?

BitChute has a bit of a reputation for more extreme content slipping through the safety net, so I would understand if you didn't want to include that site in what you make available to us in response to this request. Regardless, I believe it is a matter of societal urgency that we are provided with suitable tags to embed videos from these two sites, so that we can begin to address all truth in a far more appealing, accessible manner, bringing a better reputation to ATS with easy-to-view, hard-hitting videos embedded in threads authored by our members. I literally never have any desire to post any of the few YouTube videos I watch here & there - but on Rumble & Odyssey, I've come across hundreds which would be excellent in support of the various thread topics I've authored or responded to over the years. But don't do it just for me, just because I'm asking - please do it in service to human freedom, and the opportunity to speak without fear of the inevitable censure on YouTube.

In support of our valuable work here on ATS in these highly charged & divisive times, I truly believe that this provision of suitable tags for alternative hosting site embeds is a necessity, not a desire for more than is needed. They will help us to win hearts & minds to the cause of freedom, and that's not an overstatement.

Many thanks for considering my request. ATS brothers & sisters, please support me in echoing this request to the bosses of ATS - we need this, and we need it soon. Godspeed.

Cheers, FITO.

edit on AprilThursday2314CDT08America/Chicago-050021 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Hear hear great post, but I would like Bitchute included. We have the intelligence to pick and choose the Bit chute platform. The fact that total idiots are able to post on it supports its capacity for free speech.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
For those that seek the truth, just leave the house and take a. Walk. You see two things at work.

1. The Earth is crying of man's destruction

1. The eyes and ears speak the truth of the wind that blows in the state of confusion mankind is in these days

edit on 0400000022292023-04-06T20:29:22-05:00292204pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I think your post is a bit irrelevant & basically untrue.

Firstly, the Earth is not crying because of our supposed decimation of the environment - a position that will lead to climate change propaganda & nonsense fabricated as an easy scam to get rich(er) quick. The only reason the Earth/Creation is crying is because of the infection of sin which corrupts the heart of men & women everywhere. Only at the return of Christ will we see an end to sin & a new Heaven & Earth that will never again be cursed with thorns & thistles.

Furthermore, simply going out for a walk does nothing to address the terrible political & commercial turmoil which really is putting the people of Earth at ever greater risk from the isolated incidences of contamination from excessive industrial processing in a single area & more specifically, because of the effects of corruption at every level. We need our hearts in Heaven & our minds upon the Earth. It is our sacred duty to at least attempt to leave the world in a better place than how it was when you arrived here, or throughout the course of your life (as things are presently tending to get worse over time..) It is an imperative to ultimately find the hill we're willing to die upon, and then doing absolutely everything to enact change on that single issue, however that might be accomplished.

Second point - the eyes & ears do not necessarily see & hear the truth - an appearance of truth is often a disguise.. Even Lucifer convinced at least one person that he was an angel of light (that was the prophetic word in Scripture describing in advance of the event the way in which Mohammed came to believe that the Angel Gabriel was speaking to him, providing him with a 'pure religion', which is in truth a literally 100% inversion of everything that Christ stood for & taught to His disciples. The textual & received traditional evidence of this fact is overwhelming, and will be the subject of my next thread. This is in fact the truth of that sham tradition - the fruits of Islam show that it is rotten to the core, exactly as intended by its creator, Lucifer. This truth can be extended into modern times - rarely will an invested politician share or expose the actual underlying motives behind their actions. Rarely will a psychopath COO reveal his twisted nature to those beneath him in the corporate leadership structure. He may not even reveal it to other senior leaders in the organisation. But then he goes out hunting for small children to abduct, rape & murder in his spare time.

No, we cannot trust our eyes & ears at face value - we must "Trust, but verify".. One should never assume that a matter is 'just so', just because someone told them that it was just so. Instead, they must lightly consider everyone's motives to be suspect, until you have amassed sufficient evidence which proves they are a character worthy of your trust.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I understand that you have a personal affinity for BitChute, but there are two reasons I say it's not appropriate for use on ATS. Firstly, the platform is difficult & somewhat unsatisying to navigate & locate appropiate content. Certainly moreso thnn Rumble or Odyssey. It is 'clunky' & thus not a good source from which to extract information.

Secondly, it is full of dodgy content, with seriously lacklustre moderation to remove the dodgy content. Sure, we as mature adults can search & discern carefully what is appropriiate for our needs - but younger people are easily influenced, and if they go down a rabbit hole on BitChute, it can lead to some pretty scary outcomes for that young person. Maybe not for many, but certainly for some, and that is sufficient reason to not include it, especially as ATS will be effectively endorsing a site known for hateful & generally disgraceful content. They can't be seen to be sharing that information openly on their site. That's my honest opinion. Not saying there isn't good content on there, just saying it's too much of a hassle to work with, and a potential landmine for the ATS site owners.

edit on AprilThursday2314CDT08America/Chicago-050055 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

We will have to agree to disagree over that, my time restraints have been skilled up to cruise through Youtube and bit chute at a fast rate, to hopefully identify relevant content that may interest members. After a while, you get a few tricks to work the sites. I agree that the Bitchutes search engine is stone age but there are ways around it that seem to work to retrieve content.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

so, you're turning from flat-earther to mommy and daddy of each and every ATS visitor, to decide for them wether bitchute is fine?

I assume you can't see what you're trying to do is a f..king censorship?

also, endorsing my ass, are we endorsing youtube now because you can embed youtube videos? it's a goddamn html embed, nothing else.

and adding new ones requires someone to do some coding - judging by how this site is running, I assume they just bought the domain with the whole codebase, but have no goddamn clue how things work and the only thing they need to be able to do, is add new ads, everything else doesn't matter.

so yeah, don't count on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: musicismagic

I think your post is a bit irrelevant & basically untrue.

Firstly, the Earth is not crying because of our supposed decimation of the environment - a position that will lead to climate change propaganda & nonsense fabricated as an easy scam to get rich(er) quick. The only reason the Earth/Creation is crying is because of the infection of sin which corrupts the heart of men & women everywhere. Only at the return of Christ will we see an end to sin & a new Heaven & Earth that will never again be cursed with thorns & thistles.

Furthermore, simply going out for a walk does nothing to address the terrible political & commercial turmoil which really is putting the people of Earth at ever greater risk from the isolated incidences of contamination from excessive industrial processing in a single area & more specifically, because of the effects of corruption at every level. We need our hearts in Heaven & our minds upon the Earth. It is our sacred duty to at least attempt to leave the world in a better place than how it was when you arrived here, or throughout the course of your life (as things are presently tending to get worse over time..) It is an imperative to ultimately find the hill we're willing to die upon, and then doing absolutely everything to enact change on that single issue, however that might be accomplished.

Second point - the eyes & ears do not necessarily see & hear the truth - an appearance of truth is often a disguise.. Even Lucifer convinced at least one person that he was an angel of light (that was the prophetic word in Scripture describing in advance of the event the way in which Mohammed came to believe that the Angel Gabriel was speaking to him, providing him with a 'pure religion', which is in truth a literally 100% inversion of everything that Christ stood for & taught to His disciples. The textual & received traditional evidence of this fact is overwhelming, and will be the subject of my next thread. This is in fact the truth of that sham tradition - the fruits of Islam show that it is rotten to the core, exactly as intended by its creator, Lucifer. This truth can be extended into modern times - rarely will an invested politician share or expose the actual underlying motives behind their actions. Rarely will a psychopath COO reveal his twisted nature to those beneath him in the corporate leadership structure. He may not even reveal it to other senior leaders in the organisation. But then he goes out hunting for small children to abduct, rape & murder in his spare time.

No, we cannot trust our eyes & ears at face value - we must "Trust, but verify".. One should never assume that a matter is 'just so', just because someone told them that it was just so. Instead, they must lightly consider everyone's motives to be suspect, until you have amassed sufficient evidence which proves they are a character worthy of your trust.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about what you may consider and I agree with the spiritual explanation of how I perhaps went down the wrong path to explain myself but basically it I was really relating to the spiritual world of deal the holy Spirit within us and because it's within is our eyes and ears and our heart actually see life as it truly is and whether it's Truth or not truth we're able to understand it through the holy Spirit and I think basically perhaps that's what you're trying to explain to me and all other ATS members also regarding entering and seeing and hearing and actually believing and living within the spiritual world that I think many of us can obtain through spiritual belief whether it's Christianity or some other religious traditional belief of one grows up with that's just my honest opinion again thank you very much for taking the time to express your feelings and I agree wholeheartedly I don't disagree whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think the whole damn Universe is groaning due to what happened in the garden.

Romans 8:22-24
King James Version
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

I am not a flat Earther. I have not seen evidence to convince me. Ive looked in depth. I respect others views in this because I know the governments lie so much, that it is hard to believe anything they say.

Ive looked into this many years ago, then revisited this about only 3 years ago as a favor to an intelligent buddy that made the request of me to do so. My dad is a research scientist, that attended 8 colleges, and has many degrees. He has been a Christian (repented and accepted Christs forgiveness) since about the late 1930s. He will be 97 this year. He believes the world is a sphere. He studies scripture daily and disputes many theories, with fact, math and true science We have discussed many things in this general area, such as gravity, the Universe creation, and he even finds new things at least every week.

One title he had was Director of Research at a Fortune 500 company, also a Chemist, Microbiologist, Bacteriologist, Engineer, among many others. He was even summoned to the White House to meet with a Vice President and Congress members to discuss something he invented. He teaches people to this day from his home where he is still fully independent.

As a disclaimer, I have to add this. He was wrong before. In 1965, during the UFO craze, I bought every UFO magazine I could get ahold of. I constantly searched the skies for flying saucers. We drove from Northern California down deep into Mexico. I sat in the front seat in our 1961 Impala, and searched the sky the whole way. Finally he said to me, " there are no aliens son, we are alone here on Earth. 1965.

Probably about 5 years ago he told me that " Maybe the fallen beings described in scripture are the aliens, and that they do exist"

The perpetrators of evils such as mass murder, genocide & human experimentation, to name just a few, are the fallen ones who left their first estate. They have gained a foothold in many civilizations throughout history, before that civilization is punished and destroyed.

From Matthew 24

And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

he important take away from this is: We are almost there. We are living in the Bible days. Yeshua saw us in this day and age. And he had the answer.

He said these things are going to happen. I have to admit and confess: I've been really pissed off.Ive been very angry.

Even so, I have to admit that Im not looking at this situation as Paul or Peter or John would have. We should be rejoicing at further fulfilled prophecy. We should be happy and be about fulfilling Gods purpose in each of our lives. Pulling people out of the fire. We need to remember who we wrestle with, and it isn't flesh and blood. God is on his throne. That is our Father. He sees all things.

Prepare for things to get much worse. Very quickly. Remember, He knew us before we were born.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Clicking a link to watch a video is very much a first world inconvenience.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Amen, well said! Thank you.

I find it a little surreal to be witnessing this all unfold. Who could have seen the world taken over this quickly by such obvious evil, watching the majority of people fall in line and support the madness.
A book written over 2,000 years ago nailed it exactly.

Every perversion imaginable is forced on us yet the one belief not tolerated is faith in Jesus Christ.

Are any left that have not made their choice?

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

First of all, in my opinion, posting videos instead of writing is one of the things that affects ATS. If we want to say something we should say it, not using someone else to say it for us.

Second, the fact that we only have a way of embedding YouTube videos doesn't mean people cannot post links to videos from other sources, like they have been doing all these years.

Third, why at least those specific sources? Just because you like them?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 7/4/2023 by ArMaP because: added the "at least".

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Why is it censorship to ask for additional embed tags to upload MORE content, which is MORE free in its nature? Are you getting your pants in a twist over the fact that I wondered about whether BitChute would be accepted in this project by the bosses of ATS? I was simply speculating out loud so as not to have them shoot down the request simply because BitChute has a noted propensity for hateful videos making it through their own moderation protocols.

Strikes me as being the case that you're attacking the messenger & deliberately twisting the message to paint me in a bad light. What does my belief regarding a flat earth have to do with advocating for more truth & less censorship? Your opinion & position are invalid on this occasion, whether or not you like my general views on other topics of importance. And no, I don't feel like I have any authority over other ATS members, just to address that particularly ridiculous assertion you made there - I'm a member of the forum, nothing more. All I'm doing is thinking independent thoughts & proposing ideas that might make our task as truth-tellers that much easier to handle, our messages against corruption that much easier to share online, reaching more people with more truth & less censorship than ever before. What's your actual problem with making such suggestions? Is it something about me which is totally unrelated? Such as my Christian faith, or my disability, or my preference for writing long OPs..? You're not making much in the way of coherent sense.

Ciao.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Those specific sources because I have found them to be reliable in terms of functionality, and in the sense that they provide content which is not censored, which is moderated effectively, and presented in a streamlined manner making for easy use of their sites. By all means, people should feel free to ask for other embed tags for other sites, that's a great idea, if others have suggestions for doing so.

I would suggest that links alone are not as powerful as embedded videos, which provide for convenience & certainly in my case I'm much more likely to watch a video that's embedded than one for which I have to open a separate link (at least until recently, when I became hyper aware of the YouTube censorship & the reliability of those other video hosting sites.

I'm not quite sure why this thread has garnered several negative responses. As stated to a previous commenter, I'm asking for more options, more truth, more accessibility & less censorship, greater useability on ATS & so on. There's nothing wrong with those suggestions, so I feel that ad hominem is being utilised to object to myself, rather than objecting to the suggestions. I can't understand that attitude personally.

edit on AprilFriday2314CDT12America/Chicago-050028 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I would suggest that links alone are not as powerful as embedded videos, which provide for convenience & certainly in my case I'm much more likely to watch a video that's embedded than one for which I have to open a separate link (at least until recently, when I became hyper aware of the YouTube censorship & the reliability of those other video hosting sites.

That's interesting.

I'm not quite sure why this thread has garnered several negative responses. As stated to a previous commenter, I'm asking for more options, more truth, more accessibility & less censorship, greater useability on ATS & so on. There's nothing wrong with those suggestions, so I feel that ad hominem is being utilised to object to myself, rather than objecting to the suggestions. I can't understand that attitude personally.

I think you are getting negative responses because of the negative way you wrote your opening post.

When people talk negatively about something they will attract more those that want to defend the attacked than those that agree with the attack, and you post is largely an attack against YouTube.

Expressions like "forced to tolerate solely an embed code for YouTube videos" do not help, as they appear to imply that the possibility of only embedding YouTube videos was done on purpose to for us to watch only censured videos.

Personally, if your post was 1/4 of the length and asked for the possibility of embedding videos from other sources in a direct way and not in a way that reminds me of a politician try to convince people that he is good and the adversaries are evil I would have reacted in a different way.

PS: to reiterate that anyone can post links to anywhere (as far as it follows the Terms and Conditions of Use), the presence of an embedded video is not more a sign of being against censorship than only allowing a link.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Third, why at least those specific sources? Just because you like them?

Youtube is the most censored video posting platform. Susan wojcicki who just stepped down CIA. We all know it.

Yes its an issue that should be looked at and addressed.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I understand that you have a personal affinity for BitChute, but there are two reasons I say it's not appropriate for use on ATS. Firstly, the platform is difficult & somewhat unsatisying to navigate & locate appropiate content. Certainly moreso thnn Rumble or Odyssey. It is 'clunky' & thus not a good source from which to extract information. Secondly, it is full of dodgy content,

That fact you cannot navigate something does not mean others should not use it. The internet is full of dodgy content.. Most of us know how to post within the terms and conditions. It really amazes me that peeps seem to want more censorship...

Post code for all three.. let peeps make the choice.. atm is like being able to post to CNN only..

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
True confession: I don’t click on video links (embedded or not) without a compelling reason to see what is depicted.

Image size and formats: Tend to keep page load times smaller than large pics in obscure file formats. Also if there are too many videos embedded on a page it slows things down and consumes my data.

I watch enough videos as staff to check them for moderation purposes of excessive language, gore, porn, etc. At least YouTube helps on a couple of those vectors…usually, but not always…

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Youtube is the most censored video posting platform. Susan wojcicki who just stepped down CIA. We all know it.

That does not answer my question.

edit on 7/4/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join