It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dogs, what a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So it was a sunny day yesterday and decided to take the dog for a long walk in the woods, suddenly i see a big mutt running towards me, off lead, owner nowhere to be seen, it run straight towards us and attacked my dog that was secured in a leash, so i just turtled around the attacking dog and choked it out, after that my dog attacked the now unconscious dog, and after a while i managed to loosen the jaws so he let it go, about 40 minutes later i ran in to the owner, and its limping dog, he saw that there was blood on my dog too and started yelling me about suing even tho its illegal to keep dogs off lead in these woods and at this time, i reminded him about the fact and he went on his way, very annoying, i dont think i am getting another dog in the future, because of other dog owners, dont need this kind of stress. Edit, there was only a couple of small puncture wounds in my dog, the attack only lasted about two seconds before i got in.
edit on 4-4-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

I have four Huskies. I stopped taking them to the doggie park, not because I had any incidents but because I could see one coming.

If you have ever seen Huskies play then you know it is not for the faint hearted. Between the noises they make and the fierceness of the game, I could just see someone out here shooting my dogs.

I understand the stress, and with dogs that is just one of the 365 stressors. I don't ever want my dogs to ever hurt anyone or hurt someone's animal.

I try to keep mine home, but they are the Houdinis of the dog world, so I sometimes lose that battle.

I am blessed that they usually hang out in my back 40, and come back stinky, but undamaged. Most of the times the rabbits go unharmed because they are more interested in running than catching anything.

The owner knowing their dog was off leash should have been more concerned about the condition of the dog that was on leash, knowing their dog was the most likely the aggressor.

But trying to find folk that will take responsibility for their own actions, these days, is like looking for hen's teeth.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

I'm very sorry this happened to you, genuinely.

With it attacking first he must have known the nature of his dog and if the owner didn't he had no place letting it off the leash. I hope your dog heals well and that the other dog does too. Hopefully the other owner re-evaluates how he goes about walking his now.

Dog fights can get nasty fast, I hope this doesn't put you off. They make great companions.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

When i was younger i had lizards, i think i will get lizards again in the future, dogs are awesome but not worth some of the other dog whisperers out there.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just one more reason why we have indoor kitties.

I hope your good Boi does just fine.
edit on 4-4-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex
a reply to: RAY1990

When i was younger i had lizards, i think i will get lizards again in the future, dogs are awesome but not worth some of the other dog whisperers out there.

Dogs are awesome!

My border collie is 13 and we don’t do the park anymore, she prefers to just go off leash wherever now and I take her out in the country as much as possible.

She won’t back down when she encounters aggressive dogs so though she is still fit as a fiddle she’s too old to hold her own at the park.

For the last five years or so I’ve carried one of those telescoping batons for unwanted encounters while dog walking. Used it once one of the last times we did the park thing.

The dog owner freaked on me until about six other dog owners told him to shut his yap and control his mutt.

I still carry it due to the coyote threat around here.

Sad when we can’t even walk out good buddies without anticipating conflicts.

new topics

top topics

join