It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arraignment Eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Trump.

The name creates more emotion than just about any other on the planet.

To some he’s a hero, to others a villain.

Regardless, on arraignment eve, I offer another perspective.

I have asserted previously that the GOP will be best served removing themselves from Trump and MAGA. The reason being that MAGA is just the opposite reaction to extremely liberal progressives. Progressives are way savvier, play a different game, and have outwitted the RNC (and certainly MAGA) for some time - and will continue to at current run rate. MAGA also represents some fairly extreme views that aren’t shared by large swaths of the GOP voter base.

I am a moderate voter - not a fan of extremes. I’m also a fan of incremental, stable, thoughtful progress. That kind of progress is sustainable. Do we need to move to more electric sources of power? Yes - for lots of reasons. Do we need to grow NATO? Yes - for lots of reasons. Do we need to eradicate fossil fuels all at once and take out the US economy? No - for lots of reasons.

I don’t do Twitter or “Truth Social” or whatever, other platform Trump goes off on. Instead I just see the exciting, and inciting, snippets in news articles of a man who sounds anything but Presidential. And with those snippets, he only gives fuel to anyone who wants to say, “See? The GOP/Republicans/etc. are NUTS!”

Sadly, they may be right - because Trump is the GOP.

Trump isn’t, however, the entire GOP. As a moderate who is fairly socially liberal but fiscally conservative, Trump is not a reflection of what I’d hope to see out of a President in terms of conduct, or strategy. Now, the far left? Also not what I’d like to see in terms of conduct or strategy.

MAGA created the opposite effect from the left - not the other way around. Most will argue that point, but, I assert that the more brazen, absorbed, and militant MAGA supporters became, the more aggressive the left had to become. This is new given that, prior to Trump, you didn’t really see the levels of intensity from the right that we have seen since Trump came along.

What’s not talked about on the eve of Trump’s arraignment, however, is that Trump is actually bad for both parties. He’s bad for the GOP because he fractured the party. He’s bad for the progressives because he made deep believers out of MAGA supporters - meaning you have a portion of the GOP base who will not work with you under any circumstances, and have deep belief in the MAGA movement. That means they have to push the progressive agenda the hard way - which we are currently experiencing. That has risks.

Despite my concerns about the proceedings with Trump being a political hit-job, I also think we need to ask ourselves who might support this action? Said another way, who’s doing the “hitting”? What if it’s not just the “Liberals” who endorse this action - despite the extreme implications the action itself? Could you imagine any GOP members who would ever publicly support this? Look what happened to Liz Cheney?

I don’t know that I “support” the proceedings, rather, I say, “well, makes sense.” If not for one reason, for another, it isn’t shocking.

During his administration, Trumps attacks on NATO, cozying up with countries who NATO relies on for fossil fuels, damaging relations with Germany and France, supporting Brexit, etc. largely detracted from America’s long-term interests. America first doesn’t work any longer and we need NATO. We need allied support, and support of US presence and influence. All of the things he didn’t want to do, are things that have a high probability of benefitting America and her interests over the next 20-40 years in an ever changing world.

So, we have a show trial that I hypothesize is so he doesn’t get the nomination or can’t be elected. Because Trump being re-elected would create massive issues for the US over the coming decades. Isolationist policy, shunning of our EU counterparts, continuation of fossil fuel dependence (see todays Saudi production cut) - none of that speaks to a more secure future for America and allied countries.

And those allied countries matter because, taken together, we begin to rival the size of China in terms of population and subsequent ability to spread influence around the globe. A strong NATO is a strong America, and the inverse is also true.

So what’s my point?

My point is that on arraignment eve, perhaps consider that there may well be more people than just the “New York Liberals” who see value in this exercise. Perhaps more people than you might think support this notion - and I don’t mean voters. The removal of Trump from the political process might do a great deal more good than is easily appreciated - or immediately recognized as beneficial.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Even if the path to that better future is a groundbreaking one - perhaps that is a view into how grave the need is to move on from Trump.

My larger fear is that Trump’s prosecution, or almost certainly his conviction, would prompt his ardent supporters to become violent. This must not happen. Moderates like myself would not take kindly to that as violence is a resolution to nothing. It only creates more problems. And it is certainly is not a representation of me or my values.

The fallout from that would be extreme. Very extreme. Nothing that I, you, or this country needs. It would be acts against fellow Americans based at least to an extent on logic of antiquity - the world has changed a lot even in the last 80 years - and we have to evolve and lead those changes as opposed to fighting against them.

As a “guy on the internet”, I ask MAGA supporters to at least consider what I shared above. Whether the charges were trumped up (had to) or not, the MAGA Messiah is heading to Federal court. The invisible hands that write history have not smiled on DJT, history won’t be kind to him, and it’s entirely possible all of that demonization is justified when you consider the direction he would take the country today, which could have very real long-term implications for our security if we think forward 20-40 years.

The irony? While many MAGA supporters, and frankly a lot of moderates, don’t love how things are going right now, it’s actually all for America and the alliance - very much putting America’s (and by extension the alliances) interests first.

And the invisible hands always put America’s interests first - whether it feels that way or not.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

and to yet some others, we're thinking "who cares" as we mix a tall one.
edit on 3 4 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Youve convinced me.

If Trump isnt the GOP nominee in 2024, I wont be voting for the GOP ever again.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hmmmm

Trump, any non-Democrat or the Democrats

Easy Damned Choice.

Right now, I would vote for E'ffen Jeb Bush over these fools.
edit on 3-4-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

and to yet some others, we're thinking "who cares" as we mix a tall one.

Hear, hear tamusan

it's only the extremes on both sides that prescribe such labels, I suspect we have let the extremes have their go at it for the past few years and it is probably time for a more centrist view and outlook

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It doesn’t matter how any of us “feel”

This is a politically motivated hit job.

You know it, we all know it!

Everywhere I went today, people were talking.
“This is wrong”.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is not Trump's fault -
His popularity is being attacked, the dems are doing everything they possibly can to destroy Trump and Republicans.
But it won't work - this will all backfire and Trump will make sure our country sees this for what it is -
He will be back!

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'd love to have more moderate elected officials who will work to stop the U.S. from falling apart. I just don't think that we can get enough of them in office any longer.
edit on 3 4 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The republic dies tomorrow.

It's not that I'm big Trump supporter. I'm not. I'm still not convinced that he's not in on the scam and is being willingly used to draw out potential opposition to the new order.

If that is not the case, then his ego is so in the way as to be his biggest stumbling block.

So, I say that the republic dies tomorrow not because of Trump. Even if he is in on the game, it's the same; maybe more so.

Tomorrow the US completes it's final step in its journey to banana republic status simply on principle.

To quote John Prime, (something like): I really love America. I just don't know where to find it anymore.
:
edit on 2023 4 04 by incoserv because: typos.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Hmmmm

Trump, any non-Democrat or the Democrats

Easy Damned Choice.

Right now, I would vote for E'ffen Jeb Bush over these fools.

Hey, Buddy! Here's a newsflash for you.

Jeb Bush is one of those fools.

You're picking the fire over the frying pan. Not smart.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Trump

Anyone that says we should take our lumps with these F’ing POS Liberals at the helm for………The good of the alliance?
Must be part of the POS Liberals no matter what story you try to con us with because the Liberals never put America’s interests first.
No thanks, Trump is a loud mouthed asshole but he is light years better than any Liberal.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Arraignment Eve News and Developments: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

It will take 30 minutes to read the 34 counts. Not 15 minutes as "experts" have reported.

Trump = Martyr on Steroids

edit on 4/4/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It will take 30 minutes to read the 34 counts. Not 15 minutes as "experts" have reported.

Trump is gonna choke out the Secret Service agents on his detail then vault the counter at the DA’s office and go directly after fat ass Bragg.
Some Liberals told me it was going to happen like that and I believe them.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 04:45 AM
link   

This is the problem for Trump - 34 charges
The sheer number will make it hard to unpick for the average person and I also think that it is unlikely that all 34 relate to the Stormy Daniels payment.
They are going after other things they think they have found, I suspect, and the news will be greeted as a 'bombshell' by the media to paint Trump as an arch villain.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Trump = Career White Collar Criminal.

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks
Trump.

The name creates more emotion than just about any other on the planet.

And to others he is neither, just an apolitical imperfect guy who likes to tweet mean, but obviously actually loves our country and isn't beholden to anyone, and for this reason just happened to be one of the best President;s in the last sixty years if not longer.

MAGA also represents some fairly extreme views that aren’t shared by large swaths of the GOP voter base.

Like?

I'm quite sure you can't cite any real examples - or you'll cite some ridiculous lie like 'fine people on both sides'.

I am a moderate voter - not a fan of extremes.

I'm a sane, rational elector., but...

Define 'extremes'.

I’m also a fan of incremental, stable, thoughtful progress. That kind of progress is sustainable.

Well, I guess that depends on how you define 'progress'. Let's see shall we?

Do we need to move to more electric sources of power? Yes

What the hell does that even mean? Nuclear is a source of electrical power, and I absolutely agree that we should be moving in drives to LFTRs, build one in each State, miniaturize them to power single buildings, or even a single house.

Do we need to grow NATO? Yes

Oh hell no - for lots of reasons. What we need to do is bow out of it. Permanently.

I don’t do Twitter or “Truth Social” or whatever, other platform Trump goes off on.

Yeah, and I don't do those platforms where all the crazy radical leftist wackjobs go off on either.

MI assert that the more brazen, absorbed, and militant MAGA supporters became, the more aggressive the left had to become.

Well, regardless of how vehemently you argue, the precise opposite is in fact the reality.

This is new given that, prior to Trump, you didn’t really see the levels of intensity from the right that we have seen since Trump came along.

Yes, I agree, Trump lit a fire under conservatives and they actually grew a pair... amazing ain' it?t

What’s not talked about on the eve of Trump’s arraignment, however, is that Trump is actually bad for both parties. He’s bad for the GOP because he fractured the party.

Sortof... what he actually did is expose the RINOs for what they are... leftists hiding behind an R.

He’s bad for the progressives because he made deep believers out of MAGA supporters - meaning you have a portion of the GOP base who will not work with you under any circumstances, and have deep belief in the MAGA movement.

Meaning, we now have a portion of Rs that will no longer compromise their principles for the radical leftist agenda.

But yeah, thats bad for the RINOs and Progressives.

That means they have to push the progressive agenda the hard way - which we are currently experiencing. That has risks.

So, you're blaming the Rs who are now refusing to bend to the will of the radical leftists for the radical leftists getting even more radical with pushing their agenda?

Really?

Despite my concerns about the proceedings with Trump being a political hit-job, I also think we need to ask ourselves who might support this action? Said another way, who’s doing the “hitting”? What if it’s not just the “Liberals” who endorse this action - despite the extreme implications the action itself? Could you imagine any GOP members who would ever publicly support this? Look what happened to Liz Cheney?

No doubt there are RINOs like Mitch McConnel and Lyndsey Graham who are secretly grinninge ar to ear...

During his administration, Trumps attacks on NATO,

Attacks? You mean asking them to actually pony up and pay what they agreed to pay when it all started and what they have been neglecting tp pay since about day one?

Really?

-snip- a whole lotta nuthin...

posted on Apr, 4 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 4-4-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join