It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitley Strieber’s Communion Book and ETs at Waldenbooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Many of you might have heard about this strange tale.

I knew of it but had forgotten where I heard this story. I think it was in the Peter Levada Sinister Forces trilogy, but it is a doozie!
Now, I have it firsthand from Whitley Strieber’s new book---Them. We all know about Whitley’s best Seller Communion.
Apparently, so do the aliens.

Two Strieber fans saw aliens inside a bookstore ogling Whitley's Communion.
I won’t waste time trying to paraphrase what I read; here are the quotes:

Shortly after it was published, the military history editor at William Morrow and Company, Bruce Lee, had stepped into a bookstore in Manhattan to see if the book was selling. He saw two people in overcoats and hats looking through a copy. Edging closer, he watched their reactions to what they were reading. He was shocked to discover that not only were they paging through it with extraordinary speed, they were laughing and talking about how I’d gotten one thing and another wrong. Then they stopped. They looked up at Mr. Lee. He found himself confronting huge black eyes. Immediately, he got his wife and told her that they had to leave the store. As they went out, the two strange entities followed them. He watched them go off down the street … and not be glanced at twice by a single passerby. One might think, “Oh, of course not, it’s New York.” But there is another reason, which is known as misdirection. Stage magicians have used it for years. To see how effective a tool it is,

Second incident

In early April of 1990, we received a second letter from a witness who had already told us part of his encounter experience…
On March 2, 1987, I was briskly walking on the east side of Bell Boulevard in Bayside, heading south at 39th Avenue towards Waldenbooks bookstore to see if they got Communion in yet. In front of me, I approach four persons who are staggering, very boisterous, laughing loudly, and acting rowdy. They are dressed funny for such a warm day. They are wearing woolen skull caps, huge scarfs around their necks and faces, and have on these enormous sunglasses. The little that I can see of their faces appear to be painted white. I determine that they are drunk. It makes me feel ill at ease and uncomfortable, and I stop, waiting for them to pass Waldenbooks. They stop in front of the bookstore, blocking the door and then hang out there, joking and laughing loudly. I now cross the street as I do not want to be near them. I then decide to walk around the block. On my return, they are no longer there. I enter the bookstore and go to the desk. The clerk has her back to me and is as far as she can be from her desk. I inquire about Communion. She has a look of fear in her eyes, and I wonder what’s bothering her. She informs me that the book is “over there, where those four are standing.” I walk over. They are in pairs, each sharing a book. They are briskly going to different parts of it, back and forth, quietly laughing and commenting to one another, “This isn’t so,” over and over. One group comments to the other, “Check out this page.” and they laugh. I reach in front of them to get a book, and their heads turn toward me, and I notice the skin on their heads is very white, and in the space between their faces and sunglasses, I see their huge eyes. I walk in fear twenty feet to the other side of the room. They become boisterous. I stand there watching them. About one minute later a young couple enter the store. The man, in a suit and tie asks about Communion. He walks over to the visitors and politely asks them what they think of the book. They turn their heads toward him. He returns to the counter, taps his companion on the shoulder, and says in a low, fearful voice, “Let’s get out of here, fast.” They leave. The visitors then continue to scan the book for about another five minutes, giggling and laughing. They then turn to leave and walk by me in pairs two abreast. My head is bowed. I am looking straight down because I don’t want them to know that I noticed them. I am scared. As they pass me, and I am just becoming relieved, the one on the right rear breaks rank, turns, and come directly to me. The other three, walking slowly toward the door, do not notice that he has done so. He passes me, pausing briefly and laughing in a low voice. It’s like a taunting laugh. As he turns and repasses me, he brushes his arm against me. I think he is trying to knock me down, but it is gentle. I realize now that the visitors can set us up and play with us. After being touched in this manner, I get a message that they mean no harm.

Now we know why there are no more bookstores in America!

...or just very few left.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

I recall that story from his telling of it on Dreamland.

I am looking forward to reading that new book of his!

I also need to get the Afterlife book. I am not sure if he was really abducted by another intelligence, if he was just set up by the government and brainwashed, or a bit of both.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My take on this very interesting story.

As I said, I had known about this incident for a long time and wanted to mention it earlier but couldn’t recall precisely where I had heard it from, so I refrained from telling it here until now, with exact data.

I’ve always respected Strieber and don’t necessarily disbelieve his alleged alien contact.

This incident can be looked at as a prank, a sophisticated IC prank, or hallucination by the tellers, or misguided hysteria and projection by them, or it's legit and an alien contact, which in itself has tremendous ramifications if so.

These ETs supposed to be mechanical and machine-like. Not these guys! They were laughing and mocking and were far from what is depicted in ufo/ET lore regarding the ET personality.

So, if this is legit, then one thing this tells us is the ETs aboard the UFOs---as related by experiencers-- are putting up a vast smokescreen to appear as mechanical zombies with no personalities.

Or are these beings hybrids? Part human and part ET alien?

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I remember reading The Night Church by Whitley Strieber years before Communion came out.

As a horror novelist he sold less than Dean Koontz, though I found their writing styles similar.

I think these stories of aliens in the bookstore are garbage fabrications to sell more books.

I'll go a step further and say that I believe all of his alien stories are made up to save his languishing career as a novelist.

Strieber, in my opinion, is a grifter and a con man.

Even the make believe aliens in this story say he got his facts wrong...

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We used to have a house about a half mile from where COMMUNION was supposed to have happened.

Around that time, my young son told me about 'The Little Doctors' who came into his and his brother's room one night.

That morning, I asked him to draw a picture of these "little doctors"...and he used his crayons to draw typical big-eyed greys standing next to his brother's crib.

He was much too little to know anything about Streiber's book...and it may have been just before it was written.
edit on 1PMMarCDTPMCDT by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 1PMMarCDTPMCDT by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

His research on how the realm of the visitors is the same as, or insects the realm of the dead, and of course the astral and etheric planes is fascinating.

new topics

top topics

join