It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is Gender Affirming Care not a Form of Conversion Therapy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This is mostly philosophical.

Conversion therapy is the idea that psychological therapy can reintegrate a person back to either the gender identity or sexual orientation they were born as or should be. In other words, a homosexual can be reoriented to straight. Someone with gender dysphoria can be brought to accept their gender of birth.

This is, needless to say, extremely controversial in the times we are living in, and many places have moved to outright ban the practice, even when individuals would seek it voluntarily.

Now let's look at gender affirming care, particularly where minors are involved. This is troubling to me. We're taking kids and pushing them to transition into a pseudo-physical sexual reality that is supposed to mirror what we think they want to be in their head. It involves long-term medical consequences, and lately it has come out that the poster child for this practice - Jazz Jennings who has had full top and bottom surgery as well as a drugs from a young age - is extremely unhappy in her new reality and self. There are also numerous stories of destransitioners and another young lady who is suing because of a double mastectomy performed on her as a result of gender affirming care.

Since gender affirming care involved seeking to integrate young people especially into a new, medically induced and maintained reality, how is it not a form of conversion therapy? And if that's what it is, how is it not just as controversial rather than widely approved and pushed?

The conversion here being a medical one into an artificial physical reality.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes. Affirmation Care is the same principle as conversion therapy. It’s plain as day.

But... Sickos have a lot of sick fetishes and fantasies like kids and transexuals.
Ambitious sickos gravitate towards positions of power.

So we shouldn’t be surprised that there is a powerful push to make this fetish stuff normal. It’s not. And if this conversation continues on a scale like we’ve seen lately, there’s going to be a whole generation of people thinking it is normal. And I think that’s the point.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

Yes. Affirmation Care is the same principle as conversion therapy. It’s plain as day.

But... Sickos have a lot of sick fetishes and fantasies like kids and transexuals.
Ambitious sickos gravitate towards positions of power.

So we shouldn’t be surprised that there is a powerful push to make this fetish stuff normal. It’s not. And if this conversation continues on a scale like we’ve seen lately, there’s going to be a whole generation of people thinking it is normal. And I think that’s the point.

Well it's happening openly with all the queer for AIDS around America and around the world actually so what was one start you can't do it through marketing and whatever they want to call it they got parades with queers acting queer.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It is Kets. 99.9% of these kids wouldn't give a second thought to their gender if it were not introduced into their thinking by "authority figures". They are presented with a "choice" they otherwise wouldn't have contemplated until they were much older, and probably not at all.

That's not "choice", that's conversion.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsukoit's a conversion therapy for sure.

Don't know the exact numbers or anything, but what I noticed is that most if not almost all of those people who transition fall for the opposite sex.
Not many change their gender to be with the same gender, you got those gender-neutral, non-binary people that do it with everything and are mostly bisexual, but that's a different story.

Teaching kids at a young age about these things is not healthy, let kids be kids and let them figure it out themselves while slowly growing up.
Kids/Humans are programmable, if you repeat the same story over and over again and tell them that it's real, they will believe it eventually.

Jazz Jennings i didn't hear about yet, seen a interview with a mom which i saw on a YouTube channel Triggernometry
who transition her kid,but regrets it. (not just the mom , but the kid as well)
I am sure there are a lot more stories that will come out in the next few years/decades with Parents and the kids
just like that

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

How Is Gender Affirming Care not a Form of Conversion Therapy

Just Trust the Science ...

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Trans kids are at a higher risk for self harm and suicide. Gender affirming care isn't pushing them into something that we think they want. It's what they want or are. Gender affirming care decreases depression, anxiety and suicide attempts. While hormone therapy can be a part of it. It's a lot of counseling to help kids feel comfortable in their own skin.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 11:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
When left alone most kids who think they are trans change their minds and say they are not. So called 'gender affirming care' just pounds into them that they are the opposite gender if they aren't happy. It's politically and ideologically driven, and doesn't really care about the children at all ... making trans-kids out of nontrans-kids.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is mostly philosophical.

Since gender affirming care involved seeking to integrate young people especially into a new, medically induced and maintained reality, how is it not a form of conversion therapy? And if that's what it is, how is it not just as controversial rather than widely approved and pushed?

The conversion here being a medical one into an artificial physical reality.

Is worse than that is castration and mutilation of the human body, but hey you bring a good subject, you will see a horde of pro mutilation enthusiast that will come and bring all kind of opinions ignoring the topic you want to discuss.

And yes I agree gender mutilation and castration is a form of conversion therapy sadly with not way to go back after mutilation if you change your mind.

Many call teh conversion therapy a for of abuse, I guess I call affirming care the worst abuse forced on children.

new topics

top topics

join