It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The untold story of the Comanche code talkers

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Everyone is familiar with the Navajo code talkers because those men played a special role in helping the US Marines win the Battle of Iwo Jima in early 1945 by transmitting Navajo-language messages to Marine Corps servicemen that the Japanese found extremely impossible to decipher or understand (the Navajos never had a written script for the Navajo language). However, most students who take US history classes are unaware that during the D-Day invasion, men from the Comanche tribe transmitted messages to American soldiers fighting the Germans at Normandy, and like the Navajo code talkers' messages, the secret messages sent to Allied troops in Europe in 1944 by the Comanche were difficult for the Axis to break. More information about the Comanche code talkers can be found at this webpage:
www.dday.org...

Among 250 specialized military terms in the dictionary compiled for the Comanche code talkers by Lieutenant Hugh Forster, the three most notable examples of coded terms in the Comanche code talkers' dictionary were given as follows:

1. 1. Tutsahkuna’ tawo’i’ = “sewing machine gun” => “machine gun”
  2. 2. Wakaree’e = “turtle” => “tanks”
  3. 3. Po’sa taiboo’ = “Crazy White Man” => “Hitler”

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I read about it. Great story.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Windtalkers was a good movie! That's the only movie I can think of.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   

1. 1. Tutsahkuna’ tawo’i’ = “sewing machine gun” => “machine gun”
  2. 2. Wakaree’e = “turtle” => “tanks”
  3. 3. Po’sa taiboo’ = “Crazy White Man” => “Hitler”

It'd be nice if we could practice this stuff here.

My foreign language 'skills' have become a set trigger for my psyche..It's odd. Its like a safety. Sometimes when I get real nervous I am able to almost forget English, its a safe place..for everyone concerned but, if hablando idoma de la raza then the hammer is for sure cocked. (matrietda)

My vocabulary and conjugation are extremely limited (fundamentals) but my pronunciation is almost mechanically perfect and my comprehension 'can' be off the charts with nearly any dialect.

Like por ejemplo, cuando es solo yo en mi cabeza hablo con mi en espani..algun tiempos..es para tranquil para yo…
It brings things to a finer point..makes the communication simple..very hard to lie or be lied to..

It doesn't happen near like it used to..probably because though chaotic I am existing more in the now because I am not alone fighting, Im with my family and we are all fighting, just like every other 'normal' clan. Fighting to make stuff just a little better this moment..for ourselves, and hell maybe for someone else if we don't stare too hard.

Im totally interested in anything else You have to say on this subject.

new topics

top topics

join