It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Visits Crimea and Mariupol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Following the arrest warrant issued by the ICC and weeks of videos from Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin on the front line in Bakhmut Vlad has decided it's time to leave his office and show the World he's not a scaredy-cat , although Crimea and Mariupol are relatively safe regions for a photo-op too.

Prigozhin on the front line in his cammo and helmet , Putin in his duffle coat driving around quite streets in the middle of the night and meeting pre selected "members of the public" is hardly a comparison though , is it ?

edit on 19-3-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think it matters in as far as it signals there's no coming back for Russia with Putin.
It's a little pathetic the little man answers with a photo op. He's trying to say 'I don't care' I think? But because he's doing it he shows he does.
Nothing will ever come from it, he won't get arrested or anything, it all just makes me vomit at this point.
...the only way through is to keep going

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

His war has been failing for an entire year now, Russia's demographics are truly screwed, the economy is shrinking and he's been reduced to buying ammo off Iran, North Korea and China. And now he's reduced to bad photo-ops in the few areas he's been able to capture.
What a sad little sack of excrement the man is.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

He's trying to say 'I don't care' I think?

Agreed , I think the fact the table in the screen shot has been placed next to what appears to be a children's play park could be a subtle symbol of that.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

'Morning' has to be also a stretch, it looks very dark to me.
It's the same latitude as approximately Austria, sun rise is 6 am, so that must have been really early.
What crap.
I heard he's more or less isolated now... but who knows.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Putin has been invading Ukraine since 2014.

I don't know how everything about this is acting like it's recently a thing.

Do some research and see.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Why are Crimea and Mariupol relatively safe places for him to visit?

There are some people who insist those regions are staunchly Ukrainian.

I've also heard that Putin can't leave Moscow because his grip on power is so tenuous...

Edit: I'm sure someone will be along shortly to insist neither of those things have ever been said by anyone.
edit on 19 3 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

On a similar theme.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: face23785

On a similar theme.

Correct. Hitler was able to visit there because his forces had virtually unchallenged control of the area at the time.

Kind of like Russia and Mariupol, even though I'm always hearing Ukraine is on the verge of retaking their lost territory any day now.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not approving of any of that. My point is it's one more examples of the narratives not adding up.
edit on 19 3 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Because they are firmly in Russian hands unlike Bakhmut where Prigozhin has been blogging from , of course Putin is leader of Russia so he won't go to danger areas but even so Crimea and Mariupol are relatively safe places for him to visit.

There can be no doubt Putin's grasp on power has been weakened 12 months on from what was originally envisaged to be a 3 month operation and that factions within the Kremlin want to see him gone , that was likely the case before the war and could be one of the reasons for the war.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: face23785

Because they are firmly in Russian hands unlike Bakhmut where Prigozhin has been blogging from , of course Putin is leader of Russia so he won't go to danger areas but even so Crimea and Mariupol are relatively safe places for him to visit.

There can be no doubt Putin's grasp on power has been weakened 12 months on from what was originally envisaged to be a 3 month operation

Wait, 3 months is the narrative now? I remember when the official narrative was that Putin expected the operation to last days, 2 weeks at most.

and that factions within the Kremlin want to see him gone , that was likely the case before the war and could be one of the reasons for the war.

Yes I mentioned that. In fact I hear his grasp on power is so weak that he can't leave Moscow or he'll be deposed...

Which is obviously not true in light of this news.

top topics

join