It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A musical journey on the guitar fretboard that gives us the balance of harmony in our daily lives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thought I'd just pass this along. I think of us that pick up an instrument feel the joy of a lifetime musical adventure. The real reward is having our children play the instrument of choice and feel the tears coming down our cheeks of happiness.

Yes, it is possible for a person without any inherent musical talent to become a skilled musical instrument player. It may take more time and effort, but the potential to become a skilled and expressive musician is there. A person who is termed as lacking music talent is said to have the following characteristics: 1

Difficulty in keeping time
Difficulty in recognizing pitch
Difficulty in recognizing rhythm
Difficulty in recognizing melody
However, a person who does not possess musical talent can play the musical instrument of their choice if they possess the following attributes: 2

Dedication – most individuals who want to excel to being skilled instrumentalists should be dedicated to putting much effort into achieving the goal: this includes putting more hours into practice and getting a talented teacher.
So, it is possible to learn to play a musical instrument even if you don’t have any natural talent. I hope this helps!

edit on 0300000016402023-03-17T02:40:16-05:00401603am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000034522023-03-17T02:52:34-05:00523403am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000030532023-03-17T02:53:30-05:00533003am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000009012023-03-17T03:01:09-05:00010903am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Pick us a tune.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
Pick us a tune.

I'll start with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Its always a childs favorite to learn in the first music lesson .

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Tou che.

Heres the first song I learned to play. I hate it.

hours..days..never got as good as the boys here…but man.

never hit yr gramma with a great big stick.. something here truly is of the Orient..interesting

a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 17-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Tou che.

Heres the first song I learned to play. I hate it.

hours..days..never got as good as the boys here…but man.

never hit yr gramma with a great big stick.. something here truly is of the Orient..interesting

a true musician you are
hopefully you had a happy childhood playing your teachers music instructed to you

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The only thing worse is the 'Play some Skynrd!' people..except with the banjo all they want to hear is 'Dueling Banjos' because it was on the movie Deliverance and there is a male rape scene in that movie…so that really solidified the banjo as a 'whip Cracker" instrument..even though it has African origins…hmph..stereotypes…You know the difference in a dead banjo player in the road and a dead rattlesnake? Yeah..theres skid marks in front of the rattlesnake.

But indeed music became a friend..an unlikely one..bittersweet the gift /introduction to love.a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 17-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The only thing worse is the 'Play some Skynrd!' people..except with the banjo all they want to hear is 'Dueling Banjos' because it was on the movie Deliverance and there is a male rape scene in that movie…so that really solidified the banjo as a 'whip Cracker" instrument..even though it has African origins…hmph..stereotypes…You know the difference in a dead banjo player in the road and a dead rattlesnake? Yeah..theres skid marks in front of the rattlesnake.

But indeed music became a friend..an unlikely one..bittersweet the gift /introduction to love.a reply to: musicismagic

it comes down to the melody in ones heart as a child of ears of the world of music

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You make me want to take my violin and cello out of their cases for a little maintenance and tuning.

That is about all my old and joint damaged body can do with them anymore.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

yes, its all about the melody

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You make me want to take my violin and cello out of their cases for a little maintenance and tuning.

That is about all my old and joint damaged body can do with them anymore.

As we age up in the Autumn of our life, the strings of happiness is our fond memories of our youth. So sorry to hear about your damaged body, but I'm sure mine awaits me also.

new topics

top topics

join