It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silicon Valley Bank collapses after members make run, Other banks to follow?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Silicon Valley Bank collapsed Friday morning after a stunning 48 hours in which its capital crisis set off fears of a meltdown across the banking industry. Silicon Valley Bank, one of the tech sector’s favorite lenders, has shut down after members attempt to withdraw their funds. California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation announced Friday that it was taking over and closing the distressed bank to protect deposits, naming the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as its receiver. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation says it has seized control of Silicon Valley Bank, confirming the lender was shut down by California regulators amid a run on the bank. The FDIC in turn formed a separate entity where all insured SVB deposits would be transferred.
When will more banks follow?
www.wsj.com...
www.nbcnews.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.foxbusiness.com...#&_intcmp=fnhpbt4,hp1bt
edit on v382023Fridaypm31America/ChicagoFri, 10 Mar 2023 12:38:36 -06001 by Violater1 because: kofui

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

HAh! Is this it? The Bank Run? No, wait, the other one... What is it called? When the Banksters run?

Oh, no! And if they flip the internet kill-switch, it'll be like, "Dude, where's my crypto?"

... Or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Bitcoin influenced, FTX, California woes. I wonder if this is the beginning of the state's collapse.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

From what I understand, this is especially bad due to their crypto exposure.

So that may not have the typical markers applied to wider markets.

This is abit above my paygrade so feel free to correct.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I found the mention of FTX interesting. That's the scam that benefited democrats.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I have been expecting another domino to fall.

Four Biggest U.S. Banks Lose $52 Billion in Market Value

The four biggest U.S. banks lost $52 billion of market value Thursday, part of a broad rout across financial stocks. Bank investors were spooked by SVB Financial Group's decision to sell a large chunk of its securities portfolio at a $1.8 billion loss as it deals with an outflow of deposits, which more than halved the technology-focused bank's stock.[/ex

www.wsj.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It benefitted the uniparty, not just the majority of D's and um....Ukraine.

Such corruption can not stand.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Housing is setting up to crash again too, and this time the big speculators are holding lots of empty inventory.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Housing is setting up to crash again too, and this time the big speculators are holding lots of empty inventory.

Give the houses to the homeless, leave the bankers to fend for themselves deserted in the wilderness, and establish a new currency. This fractional inflationary one is garbagola.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Four Biggest U.S. Banks Lose $52 Billion in Market Value.

The four largest US banks have over $11trillion in assets, $52billion is only .005% of that.

edit on 10-3-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think you are dead on in your assertion.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thing is that according to video I have seen, this a sharply West Coast thing. It is not as big an issue in the midwest or even on the East Coast yet. Look out west first.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Could it cause contagion among other banks? Quite possible!

I sold my Citizens Financial Group (CFG) stock for a 28% loss today #oof but made back more than that on my Nividia short, QID & SDS long profits.

edit on 10-3-2023 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Four Biggest U.S. Banks Lose $52 Billion in Market Value.

The four largest US banks have over $11trillion in assets, $52billion is only .005% of that.

I thought your figure was high, so i looked at
www.macrotrends.net...
www.macrotrends.net...
www.macrotrends.net...
www.macrotrends.net...

As you can read, their total assets are only about 8,945.148 Billion.
Can you please provide a link to your 11 Trillion.
Also, noted above, that 2 of the big banks have been loosing over 3% a year.
JP Morgan, Well Fargo, Bank of America potentially exposed to Samuel Bankman-Fried’s FTX exchange.
www.fxstreet.com... 0001

edit on v572023Fridaypm31America/ChicagoFri, 10 Mar 2023 13:57:33 -06001 by Violater1 because: fezy math

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Yeah, your own sources. Try adding correctly:

Citi $2.4416
BoA: $3.051
JPM: $3.665
WF: $1.881
Total $11.013

And if you opt for the 22 Q4 figures it's another $70billion meaning that rounding error is worth more than this entire bank in the Original Post.

edit on 10-3-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: DEY. TERK. YER. ELERKJERN. AGERN!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, your own sources. Try adding correctly:

Citi $2.4416
BoA: $3.051
JPM: $3.665
WF: $1.881
Total $11.013

And if you opt for the 22 Q4 figures it's another $70billion meaning that rounding error is worth more than this entire bank in the Original Post.

Your still wrong.

I erroneously left out Wells Fargo. Regardless, I'm using the quarter ending in December of 2022. The numbers shown by Macrotrends are in BILLIONS, not Trillions.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I erroneously left out Wells Fargo. Regardless, I'm using the quarter ending in December of 2022. The numbers shown by Macrotrends are in BILLIONS, not Trillions.

LOL. FFS.

Citi's 2.416 billion is $2,416,000,000,000.

And like I already said, it's even higher using the 22 Q4 numbers. Winning!

edit on 10-3-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: DEY. TERK. YER. ELERKJERN. AGERN!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm laughing at all the comments.

Be better ATS.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Thank you for your contribution.
This wasn’t the first time Cramer led investors off a cliff.

Jim Cramer fanatically encouraged investors to keep their money with Bear Stearns right after two of its highly leveraged hedge funds collapsed and it needed to be bailed out during the 2008 liquidity crisis.

“Bear Stearns is fine! Do not take your money out!” Cramer shouted on his “Mad Money” show on March 11, 2008. “Bear Stearns is not in trouble!”
Five or six days later Bear Stearns was bailed out for $2 per share.
edit on v322023Fridaypm31America/ChicagoFri, 10 Mar 2023 15:32:41 -06001 by Violater1 because: u8t76

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join