It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's day question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So in the yahoo news feed that I saw this morning Miley Cyrus has a new look? or back to her old look? or? I don't know really. it was talking about her new music video maybe it's not new I dont know. But when I saw this I was like wow can I actually take Miley Cyrus seriously now. Dont get it twisted I am not into this genre of music but I can appreciate a good Taylor swift music video. once again not a swiftie. But I can appreciate some thing that a lot of people have seen and someone says to me check this out.

this is getting to my question or point but when Miley had the pixie cut and was doing the punk rock thing? I think thats what she was doing? I dont know if anyone else got this impression but it seemed like she was off the rails a bit in the limited media stuff I would see of her. Here comes the controversy. Why is it that women think its a good idea to shave their head or have this hair short?

Quick story: I used to work with a co worker of mine and she said she recently went through a breakup and decided to shave her head. after wards she said it was on impulse. I didnt have the heart to tell her it looked bad. "okay , thats a new look."

To go to Matt Walsh's question "What is a woman?" For me one of the things that signals to me that someone is a woman is long hair. ( i know there are men that have long hair.) obviously its not the only thing that makes up a woman.

My prevailing question is outside of health/medical stuff what makes a woman want to have her hair short? (Isn't it great I asked this question on international women's day)
edit on 8-3-2023 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Why do men wear their hair short, or long, or shave it off? I'm guessing personal preference? Why wouldn't a woman do the same? Maybe she likes her looks with short hair, maybe it's convenient, or easier to take care of, heck maybe her partner likes it.

Not quite sure why it would even be a question?

ETA: I say this as a woman without short hair. I'd do it if I thought I looked better with it short. There are beautiful women with short hair, even those beautiful bald.
edit on 8-3-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

There are several reasons a woman would shave her hair.

One is that she is tired of doing stuff with it, combing, brushing, curling, straightening it, coloring, etc. You get the picture. By shaving it, she doesn’t have to do anything with it.

Sometimes women have over processed their hair, resulting in very damaged strands that really look terrible. A fresh shave or very low cut is a way to start over.

Some women like the way they look with no hair. I think some do have the face/head for this. For others not so much, but who are we to decide what they like?

Lastly, for some women shaving their hair is symbolic of cutting away a period of their life. This is a real thing and why many women get a new hair cut after a breakup.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Short hair is far easier to take care of.
Not too mention that it's a personal taste issue and there are a lot of attractive women with short hair.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Why is this a "woman " question? You seem to think long hair is an inherent factor in being female 🤔

There are lots of women with short hair for lots of different reasons.

The biggest reason is probably because long hair is a pain in the ass. Especially long thick wavy hair.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

How and why do you wear your hair like you do.... Oh, I see...for the same reason as Ms.Cyrus.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher1

Question back for you here AP. Your avatar? The cartoon with short hair, is it male or female. The cartoon with long hair, male of female.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To me it's simple, a woman is someone with a uterus/ovaries, female genitalia, and breast tissue. I know there are exceptions for things like mastectomies or hysterectomies, but I'm speaking to those born with those parts. If you have male parts, you are not a woman, seems simple enough to me. Just the same if someone has female parts, they are not a man.

On a more personal note, I associate certain physical traits with women like longer hair, more petite features, smaller muscle mass, etc. Yes, I know men can have long hair and some women choose to have short hair, but typically speaking I associate longer hair with women. I know there are exceptions to every rule these days and someone will always take exception to what others think, but that's my opinion like it or lump it. I'm a mom of four boys and I do my best to allow them to be their masculine selves, in a world where that is typically looked down upon. in order to teach them these things, this means I am teaching them that men and women are innately different on many levels and that it is okay for them to be themselves just as it is okay for a woman to be more feminine. Different doesn't mean better or worse, it just means different, or even dare I say complimentary. Sure we are similar in many ways, but we are uniquely male and female as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think for some it signals rebelliousness - rebelling against the expectations of femininity.
edit on 8-3-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: American-philosopher1

Question back for you here AP. Your avatar? The cartoon with short hair, is it male or female. The cartoon with long hair, male of female.

I thought I said I know there are guys that wear there hair long. I dont think it s a lot of men though that have thier hair long. To answer your basic question if I have my anime knowledge right they are both males.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Because I don't just have a head of hair, I have a #ing heat-retaining pelt up there & shorter hair is better than baking to death.

Any other stupid questions?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I love long hair I wear mine shoulder lenght, I always feel that young girls should have their hair long, but that is me, old fashioned.

Today you can no longer tell who is who with the gender stupidity.

And I do like men with beautiful long hair too.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Funny was sitting at the bar after gym, and the couple next to me, I thought they were American tourists.

And while I'm reading my book, he's half deaf, and she's from Colorado.

And then my lift arrived.

And the first time (despite my history of HIV and gay activism): "What are your pronouns"?

I'm like, "he/him"

And he's telling the woman next to him: "He's he/him".

I'm like flip, the only person on this woke planet who wants to be cisgender, and I'm still not getting through.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Milli Vanilli were not the only scam.

See more on how, especially plus-sized black women singers, were almost robbed by the music industry.

We'll steal your vocal samples, but don't want you on tour, or posters.

edit on 13-3-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think I was loosely trying to make the point that is almost seems , at least when you look at celebrity personalities that when women go short with their hair they get more aggressive? ( that might not be the right word I am looking for.) maybe "out there" I don't know. I am also now thinking of Megan rapinoe.

Something else with the two Mileys one video she is talking about coming in like a wrecking ball, and the other video she still has a lot of energy but she is working out.

new topics

top topics

join