It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cult Leader Pulled Over With Trailer Full of Wives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't know if The FLDS qualifies as Christianity (or even Mormon), let alone a rogue "prophet" (former contemporary of Warren Jeffs) turn polygamist sect leader. I guess it's more cult than Jesus. Still, it's the most bizarre religion related traffic stop I have ever seen.

It happened a few months ago in Flagstaff, AZ, but I watch Police videos, and this finally came up. It may have already been put up for discussion. In any case.

Just wow. Those poor women and girls. All blonde. All in similar dresses, all like 24 years of age of younger. For God said Braid your hair and wear shoulder pads

This is just pedophilic psychopathy hiding behind a religious veil. Samuel Batemen (46) wanted a weird largely underage harem of the most recessive of genealogical traits and possible congenital defect.

In his mind, he is probably being persecuted for his utility trailer of wives.

WTF, FLDS and FLDS adjacent religious folk?

* Apologies if this belongs in current events or something.
edit on 7-3-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

(post by ketsuko removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nah this thread will be passed over.

Can I denounce it for just being creepy?

And I am not so sure it's not just the excuse of a possessive sociopath to nail the female contingent of The Children of the Corn.

Love? The People's Temple were all about that, as was Heavens Gate. Sure they can say whatever they want, but he could at least spring for a freaking RV. Instead of having punishment rooms and controlling them through a rigid hierarchy.

They call it love like the chickens# abused spouse defends the husband that beats her, IMO.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Isnt Polyamory or whatever an actual stripe of color on the holy diversity flag?

Im not a fan of this guy and his harem, any harem really let alone retarded/deformed kids for wives

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Those actually mean something!?

I thought the reason society has 19 freaking diversity flags now was so each letter designation had a corresponding flag to feel warm and fuzzy. There's esoteric symbolism in the flags now?

Lol. "LGBT" lost a lot of support from within when they went the diversity overload route.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Waiting for the usual suspects who would endorse that to denounce this because it has a whiff of religion to it.

A bit more than just a whiff of religion....

Weren't Noah, Solomon, David, Moses, Abraham etc, all polygamous?

www.biblestudytools.com...

I'm still friends and lovers with my ex'es but I don't thank that counts.

edit on 7-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They think poly marriage ought to be legal so that would include this.

I see no problem with poly marriages, so long as all participants are willing adults. Brainwashed consent doesn't count.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

God allowed polygamy before Christ came. But he did not like it. Also Noah did not have two wives, nor did Moses.

Jesus did away with polygamy in his teachings. (Matthew 19:4-5.)

And a Christian is admonished to be the husband of one wife. (1 Timothy 3:2).

What was shown in the OP is disgusting.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Male genes are programmed to procreate as much as possible...as much as he can handle.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

" possible congenital defect. "

Congenital defect ?

How ? Where ?

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Attention Please:

Political Trolling is not allowed anywhere other than in the Mud Pit and politics is off-topic in this forum. Be warned, it can get you Posting Banned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Who in Gods name would want to deal with all those Wives
?

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I'm way to late to the party, only the empty cans are left, but it must have been fun, it seems the usual suspects and their knee-jerk reactions didn't wait long to show up...

Remeber
it's not brainwashing if it's for God
It's not mutilation if it's for God
It's not public disturbance if it for God

My takeaway, wanna be a siko and feel righteous about it, join or fund a religion and you're good to go...

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Considering the OP this must be a rhetoric question?

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
I don't know if The FLDS qualifies as Christianity (or even Mormon), let alone a rogue "prophet" (former contemporary of Warren Jeffs) turn polygamist sect leader. I guess it's more cult than Jesus. Still, it's the most bizarre religion related traffic stop I have ever seen.

WTF, FLDS and FLDS adjacent religious folk?
* Apologies if this belongs in current events or something.

Hi, uh, DEGRADATION 33. (lol ur handle) I'm an recovering "FLDS-adjacent religious folk". What is your question, exactly?

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Right on. Or I'm sorry.

Okay.

Though I know those weren't all his wives (but maybe they were), he marries them quite young, what is the normal age of consent of marriage within the community? Is it normally as young as 12?

Is this the normal iteration of polygamy within the FLDS way of life?

I'm all for upholding whatever harem arrangement there is, not even against polyamory, but are they all this cult-like? Are there family units without the lost in time dresses in plain colors?

It seems it would need brainwashing to get one to prefer this.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Having a trailer load of wives sounds dangerous, wimmins can be down right nasty when put in large groups and in enclosed spaces together for periods of time. The guys an idiot, he should have at least got half them an uber. Then again freedom and all that, as long as no crimes committed and all the adults are ok with it and no one was getting hurt, really none of my business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join