It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas to Reinvent Education from the ground up.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Another reason why we regiment our children's education is that to a certain extent, no matter what field you end up in, you need a broad base to work from. There are places where at least the basics in most disciplines will help you even in specialized fields where you would think you wouldn't need that knowledge, and that would be another reason for a broad-based, basic or general education.

But I agree with you for sure that most kids aren't going to know and plan and be forward thinking enough to self-direct.

Truthfully, most adults aren't if we're honest. It's a very rare personality that plans far in advance and can execute to that level. I tend to be able to, but my husband can't or doesn't for the most part. And he leans on me for that kind of planning when it comes to household affairs. He has other strengths he brings to the table.

And even when you do plan like that, things can always pivot. I spend all of my late grade school through high school executing toward veterinary medicine. I ended up in English and publishing.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A crude version of what I have. We all start our education with our parents' education, how they were taught and raised and how they see the world. If we are lucky we have parents that have a good outlook on education and the world around them, other children might not be so lucky. For any real benefit to come from this school it would have to cycle through a whole generation so the next children starting will have parents brought up with a more stable foundation of knowledge to help with the cycle. That's not even taking into account the life the parents have lived, emotional trauma and what not. There will be no teaching personal bias and politics. We provide knowledge and understanding. How you use that outside the school is between the child, parents and humanity. Let people mess up their own lives when they are adults. We don't need teachers pushing them there at such a young age.

Children will more or less go back to what worked as the foundation for the education we will build, achievements and rewards are earned. For the first 9 years maybe more will not be too different then what worked 30 to 50 years ago, just updated to add emotional intelligence and integrate with our current tech. After the First nine years or so students will start moving towards a profession till they find their job while continuing to build on their foundation and understanding of that foundation, it would be sometime after the first 9 years of school that the tailored education would really come into play.

Teaching a form or multiple forms of emotional intelligence, martial arts and meditation alongside the traditional education to help them better understand how their current train of thought might be limiting or helping them move forward in life. The emotional training should become a lifetime habit. It would be super cool if the curiosity to learn became a lifetime habit as well. Education should not stop till we die or pretty close to it anyway.

It would be true and nigh impossible to do such a school right now so it would have to be started with a new generation. Random topic switch, If you have a problem with one another duke it out in the ring or have a debate, people have opinions only we can make us feel and only we can make us take action. For those times when emotion rules, outlets should be available to use those emotions on. Everyone should be taught to stand up for themselves. In most cases it's just too many emotions and not enough knowledge and understanding. Then there are the times when people just need a beat down to help them realign how they see themselves in the world intermingling with the rest of us. I consider any child abuse to be the same as telling the rest of humanity you no longer wish to be a part of it and would like help leaving. Some abuse can be explained and fixed, other abuses should not ever have been a thing, allowed to go on and everyone involved erased from humanity.

My thinking is the mindset we as a society have towards kids needs to drastically change. They should be considered the most precious and protected resource on this planet. To prioritize their education, emotional intelligence and understanding of how they work and the world works around them would help with a lot of the petty crap going on and maybe go from seeing the world is a place your just trying to survive to a place your going to breakdown and understand before moving on to bigger and better things. Don't educate to indoctrinate, educate to think for themselves, we are all connected our actions have impact on those around us and the world. We are all walking ripples of change in life and what type of change that is will be based on accumulated knowledge and our understanding of it.

Aside from the technology and the teachers trying to help teach all those children we could take a student or more from a grade higher and have them help tutor or mentor those a grade lower. To help them refresh and keep current with their knowledge but help with social skills. Self teaching would be something that happens during the later years or for those gifted with knowledge absorption and understanding as long as their level of emotional intelligence moves up with the rest. It would be easier to trust if there was a way to keep them interested in developing who they are, to be curious about who they will become. a study buddy or other idea that will help develop self responsibility.

I only have my perspective and my thinking and really enjoy all the feedback. I don't have anything planned to do with video games or a lot of free time during the day. The only video game that should be played will be for educational benefits like strategy or something to do with money but i haven't really thought about the philosophy of the educational merits yet. Will have clear goals and limited time for any personal fun outside of educating other than the normal social fun children have in school. It's my thinking that doing anything the easy way is taking that first step on the road to corruption. You start looking for more shortcuts that eventually lead to taking action against others for selfish benefit. You stop seeing humanity as a unique resource gifted with many talents to see them as items to be used and extorted.

Children have to have a foundation, Basic survival, basic education and how to and not to interact with others around them in their education and that will take time, for some it will go faster. Before they even start choosing what they want to do they should have built up a decent foundation and have been educated enough to get a basic handle on their own strengths and weaknesses and what they like as far as job prospects go and what they wouldn't.. If they decide all they want to do is farm they will still have that foundation to do other things if they change their mind. There should be a year where all the students are exposed to samples from as many career fields as they can and do trial and error with each job to see if they're good at it and even if they're not they might like it and want to put in the extra effort to get that job. a goal of the school would be to provide as many options and knowledge to help teach a student to learn which they are best suited for.

It’s True kids pretty much don't know what they want. My hope was with the help of the parents, a pretty involved knowledge foundation and techniques in Emotional control and stability, that it would be easier for children to choose a field they like and to choose a backup as well. I use the term children broadly. I go with if you're under 35 you're still a child. Tried not to make that sound insulting.

I dont think I'm doing my idea for personalized learning experience justice. When I mean learn at their own pace I didn't mean to imply that they will just do what they want and learn when the mood strikes. The plan is to keep them busy keeping their bodies and minds exercises to promote growth and not stagnation. I think if done correctly moving sports and any other club type activities to after school will give more chances to stay off the digital screen. To help with social skills and to further education in a more socially competitive way.

More to follow,

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleksander

Continued

Some kids learn faster and some slower, some read faster, some listening and others like hands on. Then you have those that enjoy all forms of learning and will do it all. Educating kids to use all their senses instead of mostly instinct, To see when you look, to hear when you listen. Some people are Left Brained and others Right. None of that means they should not receive a proper balanced education; it just says they will learn differently and have different strengths and weaknesses. If a child is advancing faster than the other, great! We want people to learn what their natural abilities are and to apply them to everyday life and jobs to help balance and stabilize society in the hopes of pushing us into the future. Sometimes society wont let us do what we want as far as careers go, i'm not talking about all that you gave me boo boo’s on my feelings crap cause your not spoiling me into uselessness. I would like to think the goal is to fit as many humans to jobs they're good at and like promoting work efficiency and maybe even innovation versus telling someone to suck it up and get what you get makes for a disgruntled employee that will lack any vision for the job they're in and do their best to achieve as little productivity they can without getting into trouble. Some people like to sweep. That trusty ole broom, easy to learn and impossible to master.

The future vision I have for this school is to say you pick a path and start a career but down the road your interest changes. you would be able to go to the school to cross train and the school will help you negotiate a new job, all students are lifetime students. Like I said Education should be a lifetime habit. Getting the foundation and learning out to make choices and critically think all while being able to control emotions and your reaction to others. The idea is to use what worked as a foundation and reshape all of education from cradle to the grave.

I had no interest in any of what i'm doing now when i was younger. Well I have that jack of all trades mindset and I usually just went with what interested me the most or what entertained me. Usually figuring out how stuff works or building something, finding the right pieces to the puzzle to make it whole. The idea for the pay scale was not to enrich the kids before they even started work. Kids don't need much money at all because they have parents that will spoil them or try to encourage them with other ways creatively with money. The idea was to use a for a crypto currency to secure school data and as a side bonus use it to teach kids to manage and be responsible with money. The amount they get will be based on their participation and knowledge level. To be self-sufficient and take responsibility for oneself can be considered a form of survival training. There are times when children lose their parents and whomever starts taking care of them will not always treat them like their late parents did. There will be uses down the road for the currency and may even be able to exchange it for real world funny money.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I might be wrong and it could very well be an unpopular opinion but my thinking is all of humanity is just a bunch of children out on never ending recess doing what children do, they bully, they prank, they laugh and learn from one another but at the end of the day their stuck at recess with no parental supervision to guide their paths and will eventually start pulling that might makes right, lord of the flies crap and start a mob to control others that don't think the same or grovel on their knees. My vision for the school is to help be that guiding parental hand. Moving all or as much of Humanity towards a common goal, a common future.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Some more points to yours:

We all start our education with our parents' education, how they were taught and raised and how they see the world. If we are lucky we have parents that have a good outlook on education and the world around them, other children might not be so lucky.

That has always been the way it works. School produces adults; if those adults can see the value of education, then they will encourage their children. If the adults produced do not see the value in education, they will not encourage their children.

Let people mess up their own lives when they are adults. We don't need teachers pushing them there at such a young age.

On that, I agree completely. The push to enforce political correctness on children is, IMO, the single largest error our public education system has made. It is not a single problem, though... those tentacles weave themselves in so many different directions that it actually appears to be several different problems.

Children will more or less go back to what worked as the foundation for the education we will build, achievements and rewards are earned.

Not on their own. Children, again, do not possess the foresight of an adult; that's what makes them children. It requires adults to guide them down the paths they need to follow, at least until they have been exposed to the variety of options they will have and they can settle on what truly makes them happy.

For the first 9 years maybe more will not be too different then what worked 30 to 50 years ago, just updated to add emotional intelligence and integrate with our current tech.

My problem here is with the "emotional intelligence." Perhaps we are discussing two different definitions. To me, that sounds like instruction on what one is supposed to feel... and that is the problem we have, not a solution! Children learn social interaction in school as well as academics, but that social interaction is not something that can be analyzed and taught directly. All emotions are valid, but all emotions are valid only for those experiencing them.

As such, emotions are a subjective subject. I cannot feel the same way you do about any particular issue, nor can you feel the same way I do. We both have unique perspectives shaped through years of interaction with society that color our perspectives. That is not something that can be changed. It is subjective.

On the other hand, science and mathematics, definitions and accepted spellings, even history to a large degree, are objective. 2+2=4 and Newton's Laws of Motion are true. "Cat" is spelled C-A-T and refers to a feline animal. WWI and WWII happened. How one feels or what one's emotional perspective may be matters nothing at all to these facts. They cannot be changed. They are strictly objective.

Only objective subjects should be taught outside the home. Subjective subjects are learned through individual experience, and the best we can even hope to accomplish with them is to intercede when we see an obvious problem. They cannot be taught the way objective subjects can be taught.

As a matter of fact, the children I have known who grew up to be the most well-adjusted had very little restrictions on their social interaction. I'm fond of saying that a kid needs play time to just be a kid as much as they need education. However, in our society, many try to micromanage their children's "free time" to the Nth degree... they have clubs, dance instruction, music lessons, sports, etc., etc., etc. to the point they have zero time to simply walk outside and play. There's nothing wrong with these extra-curricular activities, but too many means the child never gets to just play and be a child.

The greatest example of this I can think of is Michael Jackson. His parents were so enamored with his performance alongside his brothers (the famous "Jackson Five") that he never got to be a child. As a result he grew up rich, powerful, and spent the rest of his life trying to recapture a lost childhood... and became well-known as a mal-adjusted eccentric. He was mal-adjusted, because he never got to play during his early life.

Schools need control of the children under their authority... and such control often leads to micromanagement of the child's time. Class starts at a specific time, five minutes to the next class to grab books, and the next class then begins at a specific time, all accompanied by bells that announce the time changes exactly. There is little to no time for social interaction during school. After school, that changes... unless those extracurricular activities come into play. Then life, which is supposed to be a balance, becomes a continual regiment.

It’s True kids pretty much don't know what they want. My hope was with the help of the parents, a pretty involved knowledge foundation and techniques in Emotional control and stability, that it would be easier for children to choose a field they like and to choose a backup as well. I use the term children broadly. I go with if you're under 35 you're still a child. Tried not to make that sound insulting.

The issue there is that, any time the parents are invoked, control goes out the window. There will always be good parents and bad parents, negligent parents and devoted parents, intelligent parents and dumb parents. That's another reason the idea of "emotional intelligence" cannot work. Society does not have, and should not have, excessive power over parental techniques.

However, when one has poor parents, one typically seeks out the mentors among us. It's just human nature. However, we have placed so many restrictions on that as well, often because we cannot bring ourselves to lock up the child predators among us, and children have no one to look up to. So they naturally turn to TV, movies, and video games... which are not much better than no one at all.

Gonna stop for now and let the blood flow catch up... more later.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Emotional intelligence is a non-starter. It's already impossible to clearly define intelligence but once you add emotion as a secondary layer you are doomed to lala land and whatever psychobabble seems to fit. By using that as a cover many teachers introduce ideas such as Marxism or social justice where their proclamations of "fact" only exist because there is no rational critique possible since the proposed reality exists entirely within the mind of one person.

The reason indoctrination exists is to fill the void left by the decline of traditional religion. It fulfills a youthful desire to change the world, declare some element of society as "evil" and projecting themselves in to the saviour class. It requires little but holding a sign with the current slogan and making outward declarations of the same. It provides a framework of good vs evil which seems to be a human universal need. Once assured mentally they are on the side of good any excesses can be justified in the name of the greater good. Sure a few million had to die but they were climate deniers destroying the planet for everyone! Most of the worst evil ever committed in this world was done in the name of seemingly good causes; be it German nationalism, saving the planet or upholding the rights of the oppressed. This is why history should be taught in depth; not just the who, where and when but especially the why and how it came to be. History provides endless examples of human excess in face of various situations where it seemed justified at the time. It is only after the fact a rational overview can provide the context to extract actual results.
edit on 5-3-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You have insight, knowledge and life experiences that give you a lot of perspective In a way I don't have and I am enjoying feedback.

That has always been the way it works. School produces adults; if those adults can see the value of education, then they will encourage their children. If the adults produced do not see the value in education, they will not encourage their children.

My thinking was this was obvious but i wanted to give my direction of thought context and a starting point if you will.

Not on their own. Children, again, do not possess the foresight of an adult; that's what makes them children. It requires adults to guide them down the paths they need to follow, at least until they have been exposed to the variety of options they will have and they can settle on what truly makes them happy.

Well yah, that's my bad on my wording. When i say children will go back to what worked i mean what the adults decided what works and the education the plan for them. If something did not work stop using it. If something concept is being used elsewhere and can benefit our students education then we fuse it in.

My problem here is with the "emotional intelligence." Perhaps we are discussing two different definitions. To me, that sounds like instruction on what one is supposed to feel... and that is the problem we have, not a solution! Children learn social interaction in school as well as academics, but that social interaction is not something that can be analyzed and taught directly. All emotions are valid, but all emotions are valid only for those experiencing them.

again my choice of wording and description were both in adequate. By Teaching Emotional Intelligence, I don't mean to teach anyone how to feel. That's is an internal and singular instinct or choice. I mean forms of control through meditation and self defense or other technique that may be useful. Using ways that already work to promote social interaction and happy time. Forming a basic class on the what we know or think we know on how our emotions work. the how and why we might do some things and not others. To be able to know when and when not to have an emotional outburst or that only we can makes us feel anything, that while we can feel whatever we want about whatever, pushing what we feel on others can have consequences. If we react emotionally to another we chose to do that and that's on us.

As a matter of fact, the children I have known who grew up to be the most well-adjusted had very little restrictions on their social interaction. I'm fond of saying that a kid needs play time to just be a kid as much as they need education. However, in our society, many try to micromanage their children's "free time" to the Nth degree... they have clubs, dance instruction, music lessons, sports, etc., etc., etc. to the point they have zero time to simply walk outside and play. There's nothing wrong with these extra-curricular activities, but too many means the child never gets to just play and be a child.

This is nicely worded Perspective and one of the issues I thought was a problem also. My thoughts were leaning to structuring the day in their education plans to where they are allowed to choose what activity makes them happy and can help build social skills and bonds if they don't want to do an activity that's already at the school they can choose to just do as you said, go outside and play! The micromanaging should level off as they grow and can learn to think for themselves with less and less guidance. If the Classes are setup with the right teachers or specialists then as long as the child gets all the classes required done for the day the rest of their time is free. Having more specialized teachers holding different levels of classes throughout the day give children the choice of freedom to enjoy their time with friends and relax in their own way while still having options to getting their daily requirements done. The school doesn't have to be the standard times. you can extend the hours allowing children to do the classes and activates with their friends or go it alone and learn as fast as they want to. some minimum activities can be required but they should be able to choose what those activities are. Once a routine and habit are set micromanaging becomes less useful and more mentally restrictive and that's not helpful to anyone's future unless your a really mean a selfish person.

The issue there is that, any time the parents are invoked, control goes out the window. There will always be good parents and bad parents, negligent parents and devoted parents, intelligent parents and dumb parents. That's another reason the idea of "emotional intelligence" cannot work. Society does not have, and should not have, excessive power over parental techniques.

What i mean by help from the parent is a lot of children get their inspiration from their parents, beliefs and how they see the world. Kids learn some of their perspective from their parents and some from their time at school as a mixture of knowledge and social interaction. Help from the parents would hopefully be helpful and not hindering. There are bad parents and some kids have no parents. There is that old saying when raising a child. It takes a Village. If the school can eventually become a center for the community the children in abusive or broken homes can goto the school and get inspiration from others or get help with understanding their thoughts and how and why they feel the way they feel if there are problems at home. Could also build an orphanage linked to the school to promote a sense of community with children that have no parents and will also give them more opportunities to learn and interact with others. If we can move TV, and Video games back to just brief moments of entertainment and get people to live in the real world would go along way to bringing humans a little closer together.

Thank you for that it has been fun so far reading all the responses. I enjoy people's views and perspectives on life.

Alek

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Emotional intelligence is a non-starter. It's already impossible to clearly define intelligence but once you add emotion as a secondary layer you are doomed to lala land and whatever psychobabble seems to fit.

You are correct. I should work on using better words to fit my meaning. Its hard to define and explain rationally, irrationally concepts. When I think Emotional Intelligence. I think, Self discipline, self control. Practicing calming the mind to keep any emotional outbursts under control. Knowledge to explain how we think we understand the how and the why of our emotions. concepts like the vices and virtues as an example we can use to link our emotions to things like love and jealousy and how all of those concepts are intermingled to where things your angry about might not even be why your actually Angry. So i guess instead of emotional intelligence. maybe emotional awareness or just self awareness. We define who we are based on our level of known knowledge and those around us to help understand it. how we see and treat ourselves is how we see and treat the world.

The reason indoctrination exists is to fill the void left by the decline of traditional religion. It fulfills a youthful desire to change the world, declare some element of society as "evil" and projecting themselves in to the saviour class. It requires little but holding a sign with the current slogan and making outward declarations of the same. It provides a framework of good vs evil which seems to be a human universal need. Once assured mentally they are on the side of good any excesses can be justified in the name of the greater good. Sure a few million had to die but they were climate deniers destroying the planet for everyone! Most of the worst evil ever committed in this world was done in the name of seemingly good causes; be it German nationalism, saving the planet or upholding the rights of the oppressed. This is why history should be taught in depth; not just the who, where and when but especially the why and how it came to be. History provides endless examples of human excess in face of various situations where it seemed justified at the time. It is only after the fact a rational overview can provide the context to extract actual results.

My current thinking is all forms of education can be considered indoctrination. It's the who, the vision of the who or whom that decides the path that education takes. Freedom or Oppression. A life of thinking for yourself or someone doing it for you. If a common beneficial goal is set for humanity then the vision gets easier to move towards. The mindset needs to change. are we surviving just to survive for brief moments of happiness or are we living to explore the unknown, satisfy curiosity and to have some fun and happiness while doing it? Be the best humans we can be give a damn about one another and explore the universe with joy and wonder taking on challenges together.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Alek

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleksander
Thank you for your response and your opinion. I am not being sarcastic when i say it provoked thought, so much appreciated.

originally posted by: Violater1
No need to re-invent education. Just go back to what it was in the 70's and 80's. I worked for my generation and the generations before that.
There were no participation trophies, and no woke agenda.
Just listen to the teacher or prof, study hard, and graduate.

Not sure where you got woke or participation trophies from but the rest of what you said is more or less in line with the philosophy of what I wrote. The generations before us didn't have our tech and there was less of us. what worked then may work for awhile but will keep running into the same problems unless the education and humanities emotional intelligence match our technology. Having knowledge is one thing having the knowledge to understand it is another. Controlling ones emotions with all that knowledge is a whole separate branch of thinking.

That 'tech' we have now was created by those people from the 60's, 70's and 80's, further developed by each generation. The problem is, we now have education competing with entertainment.

Basic education teaches one how to read, how to write and how to do math. WHAT one reads and writes about is furthering education. Furthering education can include hundreds of subjects. Becoming fluent in multiple basic subjects means you are 'educated'.

The problem with education today (I am not a teacher but I work at a school) is not the subjects, it's the lack of discipline in the classroom and lack of respect for the teachers and let's face it, lack of interest by the students. The subjects no longer seem necessary or important due to the massive lifestyle changes which have rapidly occured. Students are different today than yesterday. We have great teachers in this one school town. Same for the town I live in.

The students are consumed with their phones and all the apps, texting and social media. The most popular are the apps that change one's appearance, the persona type apps. The distractactions to learning are many. And ego is at an all time high, not just students but with adults as well. Go on Facebook, Tic Toc et al and all you see are selfies with many different filters. It's a sickness, a disease. I call it insecurity and lack of depth mixed in with a whole lot of craving of attention at any level.

edit on 4431202300000031bSun, 05 Mar 2023 16:03:44 -06002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That 'tech' we have now was created by those people from the 60's, 70's and 80's, further developed by each generation. The problem is, we now have education competing with entertainment.

I wrote in a previous post about emotional awareness and to tailor a students education to include self discipline and self awareness teachings. The goal is to spend more time in the world and use our technology to benefit us, not to enslave us. If possible, social media or a form of educational social media will be used or developed internally for students that can only be accessed while on school grounds but that's just a budding idea but to only use technology at school for education and maybe save memories with photos. What children do outside of the school is not the business of the school. The best the school can do is help children learn the doubled edged blade of science and to use everything with respect and caution. Phones should only ever by a tool. One we communicate with, access knowledge and help navigate the world. A lifeline for emergencies.

Entertainment has gotten pretty crazy these days, with all the books, videos/hollywood and games. With the help of the lack of access to entertainment type stuff and social media the school could extended the hours. encourage after school activities promoting social interaction. could even have family type events or parents that aren't mean to children or sinister in anyway could help coordinate events. make after school a community thing where students can do their own thing or be with their family and friends or just go home. Learn and Live in the real world be happy and use entertainment to recharge, or recover when injured or sick. its digital it's not going anywhere. It's a mindset. it can't be changed overnight and will take time if enough people are on board. it also has to start with the younger generation when they are closer to blank slates and haven't already picked up our bad habits. Make education a way of life and the school a center of the community and hopefully knowledge and understanding will ripple outwards.

Thank you for your Perspective!
Alek

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Personalized education plan for the first 3 years of school, including emotional awareness and physical education: this is just an example and can include many more ideas and adjustment for playtime, personal health, emotional health, social skills and social bonds. Specialized teachers and child behaviorists instead of the jack of all trades traditional approach. Each teacher teaches the same field just different levels at different times of the day. Depending on the level older students can help mentor younger students with hope from the self awareness and emotional control lessons children will be more apt to teach and learn from each other with guidance from the teachers.

I. Introduction
This education plan is tailored for Sarah's first 3 years of school the age and education can be adjusted to start at an earlier age. some parents work and pay for babysitters when instead we can do that for them and start developing motor skills and other early child traits.

The plan includes a focus on traditional academics, emotional awareness, and physical education
II. Traditional Academics
Sarah will be introduced to basic concepts in reading, writing, and math
Different teaching methods will be utilized to accommodate Sarah's unique learning style
The focus will be on foundational knowledge that can be built upon in future years
III. Emotional Awareness
Sarah will receive instruction on emotional awareness, including identifying emotions and managing them in a healthy way
Techniques such as mindfulness, breathing exercises, qigong, tai-chi, and yoga will be incorporated into the curriculum to help Sarah develop emotional control
IV. Personalized Nutrition
Sarah's nutrition will be tailored to her specific needs and preferences if healthy
The cafeteria will offer a variety of healthy options, and Sarah will have access to nutrition education to help her make informed choices
V. Physical Education
Sarah will participate in physical education activities, including qigong, tai-chi, and yoga
The focus will be on building strength, flexibility, and overall wellness
Outdoor activities such as hiking and nature walks will also be included
VI. Conclusion
This education plan is designed to provide Sarah with a well-rounded education that addresses her academic, emotional, and physical needs
It will be adjusted as necessary based on Sarah's progress and feedback from teachers and parents.

Thank you for your time and Perspective!
Alek

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I also wanted to add. Every Human is a unique self writing crossover novel or roadmap filled with choices, consequences, gained and learned knowledge through a life lived adding perspective like a piece in a jigsaw puzzle. As far as Emotional Awareness training goes, there is only so much the school will be able to teach. It will be up to the individuele and advice or wisdom from their support structure to choose how they use their education. Emotions are powerful and addictive like drugs. The attachments and bonds we form and the lives we lead can sometimes amp up those emotions then overriding our rational sides and doing some crazy stuff. The idea is to give future humans the tools and teach them to use and understand those tools so the emotional stress of any situation can be managed enough to still think clearly.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Different teaching methods will be utilized to accommodate Sarah's unique learning style

I'm having a very rough day and therefore my thoughts may come out somewhat misjointed, but I have personal experience with this subject. It's the basis of "Common Core."

During my time at the local Community College (Alabama has a very good "second chance" system for secondary education: anyone who can pass the entrance exams is automatically accepted to community college, and the community colleges then partner with the Universities to allow those who have performed well in them to be accepted without placement tests), I worked as a math tutor, primarily remedial for those who couldn't pass the entrance tests. We used the exact procedure you describe. Each student, upon enrollment, would complete a short analysis of their learning styles. That result would then be saved in the school database for me and the other tutors, as well as the instructors, to access if needed.

Some people learn via visual; others via auditory; others via the abstract. Some do better studying in group settings, while some find that distracting. It turns out there are an amazing range of different learning styles. My job as tutor was to assist anyone who signaled for help to understand the problems and show them how to solve them. Now, I am pretty good (at the risk of bragging) at catching onto clues to help me understand the best way to present information, but having that information at hand still proved invaluable. No one gets it right 100% of the time.

Later on, I tutored an extended family member who was in the 3rd grade. During that time, I saw the exact same thing being put into practice, but in a substantially different way. Let me try to explain:

In learning fractions, they can be considered in a number of different ways, and all these ways are correct. A fraction can be seen as a "division problem you don't have to solve" (my go-to line for anyone who was scared of fractions), as a ratio, as an inverse multiplication, as a representation of a partial number, or several others. Different students will learn fractions in different ways, and each way is correct. A student will typically comprehend the concept of a fraction in one of those ways, and then over time the other methods will be understood in time.

That is helpful.

But what this school was doing to my student was trying to force him to not just learn the way that is easiest for him, but to learn all the different methods at once. The result was that no one could excel in that class. That, in turn, made all the students despise math class; no one enjoys constant failure. I have since learned that it wasn't this one school... it is all schools. The schools have taken a helpful tool and turned it into an impossible challenge for the students.

Just one more issue for consideration.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I'm having a very rough day and therefore my thoughts may come out somewhat misjointed, but I have personal experience with this subject. It's the basis of "Common Core."

I hope your day gets better. I am cool with misjointed thoughts it can give one a way to use that mental viewfinder and start click through perspectives in the search for understanding. My goal is to get away from common core all together. I have no plans of adding in any sort of starting test, or entrance test, or placement test as the education in theory will start a whole new generation of humans with a new educational foundation that is stable, provides understanding, and awareness of themselves and the world around them. Children should be enrolled because their children. No special status of wealth, power or fame will make any difference with children being accepted. Poo, Rich, Famous or unknown. these concepts will not be applied to the future of the human race for consideration to receive education. The Philosophy is all children are the future of humanity not the ones select people get to pick and choose.

Some people learn via visual; others via auditory; others via the abstract. Some do better studying in group settings, while some find that distracting. It turns out there are an amazing range of different learning styles.

Learning styles will be a major part of child development. You are correct in saying there are so many different ways of learning pretty much anything. The Idea is when children start at their earliest age and concepts for different areas of knowledge are introduced the school will have behaviorist working alongside teachers or specialist making notes of what works and what doesn't as far as the child's reaction to different learning techniques. with that knowledge gained while the child grows, their education plan can be adjusted to learning more efficiently. Is the child left handed or right handed? They prefer reading to watching? All humans are unique and some lean toward one of their 5 senses over the other, some might call that natural talent. While a case can be made that as blank slates all children are the same but i still don't buy that. Don't teach students as if there all the same and stuck in the same boxes of thought. Teach them and let them become who they become not what we force them to become.

But what this school was doing to my student was trying to force him to not just learn the way that is easiest for him, but to learn all the different methods at once. The result was that no one could excel in that class. That, in turn, made all the students despise math class; no one enjoys constant failure. I have since learned that it wasn't this one school... it is all schools. The schools have taken a helpful tool and turned it into an impossible challenge for the students.

I am in total agreement on learning styles. My idea of having specialised teachers teaching different levels of knowledge throughout the day will help with each student and their level of comprehension learn at their naturally gifted pace. This way take math for example you have 2 students at the same age but one is a level or two higher than the other. The One student would go to the current class being held. The other student will go to a different class or activity and take a higher level math class when the time comes around. We want children to be interested and curious, not bored and forelorned.

Thank you for your input. I need to tweak some words and rewrite some of my philosophy to better explain what i'm saying

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Get the activists and ideological supporters out of it, including universities which are churning out political radicals who then go on to teach our children and run our local government departments.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fastzombie
Get the activists and ideological supporters out of it, including universities which are churning out political radicals who then go on to teach our children and run our local government departments.

Thank you for your input.

In my plan i have so far, I have some ideas and basic philosophy that aim to minimize political and personal bias from infiltrating the education system. The primary objective is to promote knowledge acquisition and diverse perspectives among students, which aligns with the overarching educational goal of humanity. Our ultimate aim is to replace the conventional educational institutions with higher forms of learning, all while adhering to the foundational principles of the school. We firmly believe that education should be geared towards preparing mankind for the future, rather than for self-interest or personal enrichment at the expense of children.

Thank you for your perspective.
Alekasnder

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join