It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nefarious Purpose Of Fact-Checking And 'Dis-Information' Debunking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Stavroula Pabst, a writer in Greece, has published some great information on the nefarious purpose of fact-checking and 'dis-information' debunking.

Not hard to understand, the fact checkers are usually partisan hacks serving the same corporate media giants, corporations, or Government through their own biased activism. In many cases, the fact checkers are supporting outright lies or they will state facts are false deceptively.

No surprise for me anyway.

www.blacklistednews.com...

libya360.wordpress.com...

www.moonofalabama.org...

While anti-disinformation efforts proliferate, what’s missing from the conversation is a discussion about power. Of course, the powerful have reasons for wanting to combat what they consider to be “disinformation” — they want THEIR version of the truth to become ours. Many commentators observe as such, noting that so-called disinformation researchers, fact-checkers, and experts are often partisan in nature, and themselves frequently disseminate things that are not true.

This is one of the most basic and important insights if you want to how understand how the modern media functions.

Basically, anyone calling themselves a “misinformation expert” or “disinformation reporter” is a partisan fraud, trying to make their activism seem scientific.

When it comes to “fact-checks” and “experts”, Debord is clear: in a society subjugated by the economy, where “everything that was once directly lived has faded into representation,” such professionals do not exist to provide us the truth — they exist to serve the state and media through lies and distortions spun into what appears as true. If the “experts” lose influence, it will be because the public has learned and can articulate that their job is to systematically lie.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In the 1960s the CIA coined the phrase "conspiracy theory" to name-call anyone inquiring about the criminal activities of Government and large Corporations. In 2020 the same WEF/NWO/CIA people saw how "conspiracy theory" is no longer working, so they coined "fact checking", an umbrella term under which they can cheat, steal and lie like they always have. They come up with all these noxious labels that are meant to limit and narrow the scope of acceptable discourse. "The science is settled", "Trust the science", "debunked", "conspiracy theory". 99% of people who use these terms are shills, the remaining 1% ignorant.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Trace the "fact checkers" funding and you'll find it goes back to big pharma. No conflict of interest there.

Then you have big tech censoring Nobel prize winning doctors, scientists and some of the most published doctors in their fields not to mention people that created the technologies we are arguing about. All those people get censored and attacked as "quacks" for questioning anything related to the big pharma / government narratives.

Next you have "fact checkers" who have degrees in gender studies, fact checking these Nobel prize winning scientists and using the tactic of "missing context" or arguing the semantics of a statement, never mind they don't have 1 iota of knowledge to be able to argue the science. Sometimes they just straight up lie and then later quietly retract it.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Quis hoc reprehendo quod reprimendam

Who fact checks the fact checkers?

And why do we need fact checkers to begin with?

When are they going to "fact check" all the climate change lies?

When are they going to start fack checking religion?

FAct checker can go # themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Free speech!

Even if it's all bull#!

*raises power fist*

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
When it came to information, there used to be just truth and lies. Now we have "misinformation/disinformation", meaning the information is truthful but it's not what you are supposed to know.

I swear if someone uses those words in a conversation with me they are getting throat punched.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Necessary "Facts" are commonly purchased from cataloged models to fit any purpose 😎

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
When it came to information, there used to be just truth and lies. Now we have "misinformation/disinformation", meaning the information is truthful but it's not what you are supposed to know.

I swear if someone uses those words in a conversation with me they are getting throat punched.

There's a new concept called malinformation which is where you speak the truth but its bad because it makes the government look bad. Therefor because national security or other reasons you can't speak the truth.

Not even Orwell foresaw this tactic.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The sad thing I find is that the majority of people are literally brainwashed from only a few years old to be moulded to recieve GIVEN truths, not to FIND them for themselves.

Personal independant experience can break ignorant teaching habits as there is only REALITY and nowhere for the excuses to go or come from, but an individual's fantasy and imagination is where Reality can really get screwed up and bite, or in so many cases be completely ignored for a life of make-believe and willing ignorance. (narcissism)

All this fact checking and misinformation tennis is an extension of that same educational infrastructure which is being shifted towards online knowledge and learning FOR THE MASSES and will probably incorporate A.I. as a norm.

Perhaps that's why a pedo trans wierd drag agenda that deliberately freaks people out is being pushed so much towards the young so as to provide another problem, reaction, solution scenario to create autonymous cyborgs divorced from parents or friends just pushing buttons and staring at screens in a daze, petrified of failure to the point that decision making is the MOST frightening thing in the whole world and great if someone or something can do all the scary stuff that real ADULTS used to do.

Personal communication has now become a problem for many who spend their lives being spoonfed, but Big Brother knows best, that's double-good.

Do what "it" says and you will not need to deal with that horrible thing called failure and learning by mistakes. All and any collateral damage and thought processes will be negated on a personal level for the higher collective truth.

BORG!

Thanks for the great thread

edit on 4/3/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
These days I try to use the term "narrative steering" in place of "fact-checking" as it's more accurate and honest.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This whole thread reminds me of the book 1984. Orwell.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”

Dis-information is truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The legal culture of confidentiality, non disclosure, trade secrets and national security has put up a big smokescreen when it does come to facts.

In the past, shame was an important mechanism in correcting bad behavior. These days there is a lot of money trying to suppress, hide and cover up any mistakes that have been made. As a consequence these errors continue to happen.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I could apply for a job that makes me the fact checker. So could you. I actually get job postings in my feeds all the time for this type of job. So everyday people like you and me have the opportunity to get paid to do this.

Fact Checkers dig through information online and rate its credibility. I read an entire manual (like a book) of dynamics and scope of this sort of job and the instructions for doing just this. Looks like tedious work, but I've had experience working with large volumes of information previously so I checked it out. I didn't try it yet though. Looks like a way to earn a little extra money.

How it works: Your given content to look at, following the guidelines they've set forth , using a standard operating procedure, you do some digging to discern whether what your seeing is valid or not and then grade or rate it and tag it appropriately. Its sort of a flow chart set of instructions to follow for each piece of material you look at to make a determination.

Yep, we now have paid jobs for doing this ! Unless of course it wasn't true or a real job... the job postings, lol ?

We are in the information age and its hard to know what is true and what is not. Its definitely outta control for sure !

leolady

top topics

join