It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine asks Sony, Microsoft and Valve to ban Atomic Heart over alleged Russian ties

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
I think most people are of the mindset that russian developers shouldn't be punished because their country is ruled by a war mongering tyrant. I doubt very few outside of Zelensky want the game banned just because the main team came from Russia.

Wait. What country is ruled by a war mongering Tyrant? Ukraine did you say? Im pretty sure that is what you meant to say.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It's amazing. I have to play it on easy because I suck so much, but the game is really fun. It had me totally on edge with the blowing up of the plant riddle at the end of the first dungeon...
I don't know how that kind of horror with human experiments could be propaganda?
The company is located in Cyprus so I'm kind of sure they don't pay taxes in Russia.
I love it.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Timber13
a game that takes place 100% in russia.

I saw this a few days ago. 100% not interested. Why would I be? It doesn't even look fun.

Seems like everything made in Russia or by russia's "allies" are just junk microtransaction games with serious racist chats that aren't moderated.

...and they say Russian's aren't racist. You should see the contents of these chats! Hero's and Generals.. Need I say more?

You make me want to buy like 10 copies.

I have a buddy playing it and he says it's a lot like bio shock.

I'm not sure which part you're referring to but hey, to each their own. I'm pretty sure there was nothing in my response that would have made you want to buy 10 copies but you do you.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

originally posted by: Timber13
a game that takes place 100% in russia.

I saw this a few days ago. 100% not interested. Why would I be? It doesn't even look fun.

Seems like everything made in Russia or by russia's "allies" are just junk microtransaction games with serious racist chats that aren't moderated.

...and they say Russian's aren't racist. You should see the contents of these chats! Hero's and Generals.. Need I say more?

That is not the point. Fascism is. And Zelensky and his regime are fascists.

True. As is Russia. There were a lot of points, according to all of the responses. I'm picking and choosing at this point.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Zelensky isn't the one that invaded a country. I'm not fan of Zelensky and how he ran his government before the war, but I can't blame him for doing whatever it takes to defend his country. Putin started this mess, supresses journalists from speaking out, and is drafting citizens for an unncessary war. So yes.. I'd put him in the war mongering tyrant catagory.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Has anyone here ever played the game??? I do not recommend it as it has bad frequencies and some dark themes. It is interesting from the point of view of the narrator however and it may have scared the pants off of Zelensky. As for banning Atomic Heart..... I do not agree with that.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Im quite liking it myself thus far Peeple, not half bad by my guess.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Has anyone here ever played the game???

A few of us by the looks of the thread.

I do not recommend it as it has bad frequencies and some dark themes.

The thing is those would be selling points for most aka being dark-themed.

What do you mean by bad frequencies?

It is interesting from the point of view of the narrator however and it may have scared the pants off of Zelensky.

I think the man might be rather occupied via the real war happening around his head as opposed to playing video games if im honest.

As for banning Atomic Heart..... I do not agree with that.

Certainly not and a silly request to make.

What's the point in penalizing game creators and programmers down to the antics of the Russian Federation troops, Putin, and his ilk?

It's not like the amount of monies and revenue that will be generated via the sale and release of "Atomic Hearts" will be in any way consequential.

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
All good points. As for the frequencies (I have never played the game just watched it on a friends Twitch) and it seems she has very good headphones and it bothered her a lot. I trust Dawn very much and sometimes sounds can be grating to some people who are sensitive.

I think the man might be rather occupied via the real war happening around his head as opposed to playing video games if im honest.
a reply to: andy06shake That could very well be and it makes me wonder if this is a real news story (meaning there may be truth somehow in the idea that is russian based sci -opp ) or is it just media conjecture for fun and profit ?
I do agree it is a well made game although I would have added some humor

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I've seen it on the Xbox game pass, is it any good? I was kind of hoping for Metro vibes from the trailer but I got Metro crossed with Bioshock.

Are my assumptions right?

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Why would a man stuck in a warzone be playing video games? The whole thing screams SJW's making a mountain out of a molehill once again.

Similar thing happened with Hogwarts Legacy, granted I don't agree with JK Rowling's views but #, why penalise game developers?!

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Stuey1221

It's not half bad thus far Stuey1221.

Kind of put it on the back burner because I've been playing Hogwarts Legacy all the same.

But yes it is reminiscent of the likes of BioShock Infinite.

I would give it 7 out of 10, possibly 8 once i get to see the game running when they implement raytracing a few updates down the line.

edit on 24-2-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Well i would not call it fake news per say but it would call it nonsense.

The game is out and released across multiple platforms.

So let the haters hate, coz they are way too late.

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I've started playing it and yeah, you're right. Its not too bad at all! One of those games that you can't stop playing. Not quite as daunting as Metro but still pretty decent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join