It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Would You Relocate Too?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hi all,

More of a lurker than an active poster, but this question popped into my head this morning. Where would you try and relocate too if WW3 'officially' kicks off?

I'm specifically asking about different places/countries you would consider an option and why (all in a hypothetical world, I wont hold you to it!), rather than whether you would relocate (and whether essientially fleeing is right/wrong). Whether you would relocate or not is obviously a much bigger conversation!

Being based in England, and only doing a limited amount of research, I'd be looking at the West Coast of Ireland. I'd want somewhere with a history of neutrality, not a full member of NATO & somewhere that I could go to in the car to with the wife & dog. I imagine I could arrive in Ireland within around 7 or 8 hours from leaving home, with wee a trip on the ferry. My concerns given current world issues would be that Ireland has provided support to Ukraine (so may be a target). I do however take comfort from Ireland famously disliking England/UK (so may not wish to join in with 'allied forces' which include UK & there also being bigger fish to fry than little old Ireland! If however, I didn't have notice and relocating to Ireland we're not possible (likely scenario) I'd aim for as far north or West as I could go. Living in East Sussex, I don't imagine it being very safe.

So yes, interested to hear other people's hypothetical thoughts & reasoning!

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TurkeyGoose

You're British, you could settle on Tristan Da Cunha and all of this would be a distant memory.

Tristan da Cunha

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Here in Scotland it's for the most part cold and rainy, I'd love to live somewhere with a warmer climate. Sadly though I can't think of anywhere I'd like to live. I like the US as it's a great landmass with climate variations and huge forests etc but I don't fancy the culture and politics.

edit on 22-2-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I'm not far from you. My son asked the same question yesterday when I picked him up from school. I said a small island, like Mauritius. He said Iceland, which is a bit too close to a potential European nuclear wasteland for me. With no active army it's prone to invasion by Russia to use as a missile and naval base.

Mauritius also has no army but is too far from anything to be a potential useful target.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I would go to Belize. Too many American bases in Okinawa and Japan.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Here in Scotland it's for the most part cold and rainy, I'd love to live somewhere with a warmer climate. Sadly though I can't think of anywhere I'd like to live. I like the US as it's a great landmass with climate variations and huge forests etc but I don't fancy the culture and politics.

All those freedoms you used to have that will come back one day for you will be because people in the US fought their asses off so even the Brits and French could speak their peace and not be thrown in prison for it. We have communist infiltrators here who are using blackmail to make our politicos dance to their Chinese and Ukrainian tunes, and we have to deal with that 1st. I believe one day we will turn our attention back toward freedom and free will for all on Planet Earth. The DS Cabal needs us out of the way because of it. Your William Wallace is considered a major hero to the people of the USA too. Braveheart Wallace understood tyranny required good people to act.

edit on 22-2-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Belize has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the world.

link

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Canadian Rocky Mountains in a smaller town up in the mountains. No direct Nuke strikes and lots of natural resources to survive on if needed.

If SHTF for real though and you are on medications for survival or to make your life at least livable you are in big, big trouble and might as well just go and enjoy urself while you can. Peeps on meds won't be able to survive a nuclear war as there won't be any medications supplied unless you are really stocked up or can quickly rob many pharmacies, which tons of peeps will be doing

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

There is no place now that would be safe if someone really wanted us dead. Best to live your life and pray to God for your enemies to see the light and turn from their hurtful ways. Best to love your neighbor as yourself and focus on what you can do now to make your family safe and informed.

ETA and save space
Living life without infrastructure we have today will end up in wild wild west type lifestyles of the "territories". The ones movies were made to glorify. I do not relish having to shoot back at people or die myself over water supply or food. I do not want to live in fear.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

link

Thanks. Belize has change just like the rest of the world. Well, I guess I'll stay put here and continue to grow my potatoes, garlic and other vegetables. I wish I had the land, I would have chickens for additional income. Top price paid for eggs from chickens that are fed without food additives here.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

link

Thanks. Belize has change just like the rest of the world. Well, I guess I'll stay put here and continue to grow my potatoes, garlic and other vegetables. I wish I had the land, I would have chickens for additional income. Top price paid for eggs from chickens that are fed without food additives here.

Only need a few to have your own and you can sell some still. I give mine to family or people at Church and it is a hobby. I use a few eggs and eat a few so even though 2-4 eggs a day seems too few it adds up fast.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I doubt WW3 will take place. However, if it does: Central America, South America and Most of Africa will be "free" of it. Simply chose a place among these regions.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I imagine I could arrive in Ireland within around 7 or 8 hours from leaving home, with wee a trip on the ferry.

You are assuming trains, ferries and cars will be running. If WW3 kicks off, that's going mean nuclear weapons and the UK/Europe will be among the first to get an EMP. Even if they are still functioning, you also have to take into account that everyone else is going to be trying to get out and that means massive traffic, snarled roads, accidents and panicked people doing desperate things. An 8 hour drive could easily turn into a 24 hour drive.
Will you just pick up and go with the clothes on your back, maybe even a small go bag ? In that scenario, you won't have transportation to haul anything other than what you can carry.
What will you do if you can get there ? ? Do you have friends or family to take you in ? Shelter ? Food ?
Government refugee camps won't spring up overnight, it would probably be weeks before any sort of assistance is available.

Where ever you are now, is most likely the place you'll be for a while, so it would be best to plan for that.

ETA : If you want a trail run of a SHTF situation, imagine everything you take for granted now....is gone.

Electricity/gas [ no heat unless you have a wood stove or fireplace ]
Running water
Transportation
Grocery stores/ food supply
Medicines/medical care
Phone/internet/TV/communication

Live completely without those for one week and you'll get a very small taste of SHTF.
edit on 22-2-2023 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   

First of I think traveling would become impossible if ww3 broke out.
But if I could teleport myself and my family away from Denmark, I would go to the middle of Australia, 100 meters down in a huge underground bunker that is comfy and got food, wifi, playstation5 and cleaning robots.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: musicismagic

link

Only need a few to have your own and you can sell some still. I give mine to family or people at Church and it is a hobby. I use a few eggs and eat a few so even though 2-4 eggs a day seems too few it adds up fast.

You got a good point there. The elderly pay top price for the brown eggs. From the local farmers. We also have this once a year here: The name Shamo is a corruption of the word Siam, the historical name for Thailand, and first entered Japanese during the early Edo period (1603–1867). Even though the breed was originally from Thailand, it has been selectively bred for several hundred years and is very different from the original stock.[2] The breed is used in naked-heeled cockfighting in Japan, where it is still legal. It is also bred all over the world for its show quality and unique upright posture.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

......and a well stocked bar.

Medicinal purposes only of course.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm in the States. I took "Dubya" seriously when he declared GLOBAL WAR (3) "On Terror", or GWOT, as it's known. The third world war started back then because evil fears the righteous anger? Sure.

That being said, especially considering the evil cult and their known technologies and techniques, there is nowhere on Planet Dirt to flee to avoid World War Three. You know where? Nowhere.

Not underground, not past the Antarctic, not the dark side of Luna, not in a USO in the Bermuda Triangle, not on your great grandfather's old vacation pod on Mars, and not that plot of Earth that does not have a branch COVIDian World Bank on it lol

If your neighborhood has been invaded, make them leave. They leave. You stay.
Or, do like Dr. Strangelove. Or Doctor Strange. Or HP Lovecraft.

Onward Christian Soldiers la la la la lol...

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: midicon

All those freedoms you used to have that will come back one day for you will be because people in the US fought their asses off so even the Brits and French could speak their peace and not be thrown in prison for it. We have communist infiltrators here who are using blackmail to make our politicos dance to their Chinese and Ukrainian tunes, and we have to deal with that 1st. I believe one day we will turn our attention back toward freedom and free will for all on Planet Earth. The DS Cabal needs us out of the way because of it. Your William Wallace is considered a major hero to the people of the USA too. Braveheart Wallace understood tyranny required good people to act.

Honest question that I know the answer to, but, who are the infiltrators? If you can't answer this question, there is no reasonable reason you should feel like the US is going to fight the proper enemy; it's becoming increasingly likely that because most people cannot identify the enemy in the invisible war, that the armed forces of the united states will not be the good guys this time around.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I'd get myself to Madagascar.

Great nature and landscape and always the last place to survive until the end in the game Pandemic II.

posted on Feb, 22 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I will relocate to Mars if that's even possible. If not, better go Africa.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join