It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is God to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I'm not sure i'd use the word sad.. the thing is post 2nd dose I had one those rare clots that left me needing hyper acute care, as a head injury on the women's hyper acute ward I saw archangel Gabriel watching over one of the old dears then moved the next day to the male ward. and saw archangels Michael watching over one of the guys.

As an RC at this point I really thought that's my lot I'm shuffling off this mortal coil, my rage inside was not for me but the little old ladies and little old men begging for their mums/dads, kids, god (and the every night cries of why me). my rage was at leaving our most vulnerable in such distress, yet that distress is a "greater good" to the churches/academics/medics and politicians, as is my disgust at anyone who thinks making other sufferer in the last hours can ever contain the words greater good.

thinking I was mad/my brain dying, I did talk it through seeing archangels with the docs and they where not just accepting but accepted it as reality rather than the reaction of an injured brain.

my take away is that the great and good don't understand the suffering they've caused no more than the evil do.. but at some point they'll get to experience it first hand.. this faithless world is on its last legs when it treats it most vulnerable with the kind of disdain we've seen over the last few years..

I'm still not religious but do feel that things have one so far it'll probably create the faith its set on destroying as this ebb and flow into out of faith goes back centuries and it in there I was some serious explanations from god..

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Idk. My thoughts were based around the idea that all matter eventually coalesces into a supermassive black hole. Rinse and repeat. Science says probably not, since space itself is expanding.

Right, the universe expands at a very high rate. The current mainstream standard model, which is based in Gravity and Einsteinian physics, says the opposite: that matter should eventually all end up in a black hole. This shows you how WRONG the mainstream wackos are about everything. The very universe contradicts their entire model.

They actually had to come up with ridiculous concepts like "Dark Energy" or "Dark Matter" (when they put the word "dark" before anything, they are literally saying that they don't understand crap about it and it goes against all their equations) just to keep some "self respect" in face of the ignorant public.

originally posted by: RAY1990
I guess the question would be is creation finite or infinite. I'm more inclined to think it's finite.

This is very hard to explain to people who are not used to physics: We are in a FIELD. But a field has no quantity, therefore it has no existential empirical footprint in what we usually call "reality" (corporeal/physical existential matter). Math can't give you any answer, in fact math will never give answers, it simply describes that what is visible. But again, a field has no quantity, it's all attribute, therefore math (finite or infinite) is useless.

edit on 20-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Going back to pre-biblical times, the answer for why a meteor exploded over a few inland merchant cities near the dead sea.

In a universe full of possibilities, maybe the universe is also going WTF? along with the rest of us.

because it just is

God does make an easy answer for everything we do not understand. Just blame God. But when getting into Aircrash investigators there is always a reason. Sometimes it might be many, sometimes it might be dumb, usually it is unexpected or would not of happened in the first place.

When people are allowed to do what they are good at, these situations do get resolved.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ltrz2025

therefore math (finite or infinite) is useless.

Depends on the math and the relationship it is trying to describe, buying some bread or sending a rocket into space.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
In a universe full of possibilities, maybe the universe is also going WTF? along with the rest of us.

The universe is exclusively harmonic, it's built practically like a symphony, just like your DNA. There is nothing "left to chance", otherwise the universe would have collapsed. On the contrary, t he universe is graciously expanding.

God does make an easy answer for everything we do not understand. Just blame God. But when getting into Aircrash investigators there is always a reason. Sometimes it might be many, sometimes it might be dumb, usually it is unexpected or would not of happened in the first place.

This wasn't how it worked. One thing was the God Creator (i.e., Atum), a different thing was the deities (Neters). The ancients were CLEARLY much more advanced metaphysically speaking than people today.

And there wasn't anything "pre-biblical" and "post-biblical" as the other user was trying to mislead you to think. Archaeological records have found that the small deity known Yahweh was the Son of EL, and husband of Asherah, and he had like 70 siblings. So, Yahweh was just another Canaanite sub-deity, not the "Creator of the Universe".

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ltrz2025 Depends on the math and the relationship it is trying to describe, buying some bread or sending a rocket into space.

Math is simply counting (accounting vectors over a period of time). The field has NO QUANTITY, there is nothing to count.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

that matter should eventually all end up in a black hole.

With matter getting constantly pushed out by the sun, maybe it does one day? Once past that event horizon it looks like time does slow down with the gravitational mass deeper down. Maybe some vortex of mass to add up like this?

At this time I see a black hole like a seed for a sun. For now it is soaking up and compressing energy until that day it decides to light up. All that energy has to go somewhere.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The field has NO QUANTITY, there is nothing to count.

That will be a bad day for the Shepard. Did the wolves kill all his sheep?

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

All that energy has to go somewhere.

Nothing escapes the field. Then, consider that what you call "reality" is only what your human senses perceive, not much. But I'll stop talking about physics, first it's long and tedious, ad second I doubt people here have the basic concepts to get it. Plus, it leads astray from your thread's question.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

The universe is exclusively harmonic, it's built practically like a symphony, just like your DNA. There is nothing "left to chance", otherwise the universe would have collapsed. On the contrary, t he universe is graciously expanding.

This wasn't how it worked. One thing was the God Creator (i.e., Atum), a different thing was the deities (Neters). The ancients were CLEARLY much more advanced metaphysically speaking than people today.

If they were CLEARLY much more advanced, then why are they all dead.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Plus, it leads astray from your thread's question.

So what you have found is not God? I accept there is more going on than what I know about. If you have got some new angle to things, other parts of the puzzle? Lot of different perspective around here if trying to make some sense of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Some theories take the pyramids at Egypt back 20-200K years. What happened between then and the earliest writing records going back around 5-7KBC? What is going on when a culture can build something like that and not leave any records, maybe?

As for how things have gone on Earth, being stronger with a club than a slide rule does have some advantages.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
"Who is God to you?"

He is elusive to me. Always has been. I see more evil than good in the world.

I wish I was more familiar with him.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Some theories take the pyramids at Egypt back 20-200K years. What happened between then and the earliest writing records going back around 5-7KBC? What is going on when a culture can build something like that and not leave any records, maybe?

As for how things have gone on Earth, being stronger with a club than a slide rule does have some advantages.

In keeping with the themes of this topic, I would rather be clever with a small rock than dumb with a big stick.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: ltrz2025 So what you have found is not God? I accept there is more going on than what I know about. If you have got some new angle to things, other parts of the puzzle? Lot of different perspective around here if trying to make some sense of it.

For what I know, everything is God. If we were fish in a fishbowl, God would be the water.

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"I don't know how all this afterlife works, I do know I have one body with some experience at this time."

Nooo friend. You are now living your next "fore-life", and you in fact, have many "bodies".

Peace. God Bless. Jesus!

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

No. Can you prove matter can exist under any other format than the one we see? Physics are physics.

My thoughts literally spawned from watching documentaries as a kid, I'm fairly confident I didn't grasp the full concepts of physics at the time but my conclusion was "it's Pandora's box in reverse".

I was also inclined to apply duality to the idea of the periodic table around the same time, so called dark matter might actually fill that role but as you say there's a lot of assumption and gap jumping going on as science rearranges the jigsaw pieces.

Lots I want to add but for me it all goes back to the same conundrums that demand nothing but contradictory riddles, maybe God is a duck and we have to be a bit quackers to get it.

Food for thought when even our taste buds are predefined? No new flavours.
edit on 20-2-2023 by RAY1990 because: To add

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What is God? A sad, lonely, impotent thing? Or the crucible of everything, good and bad. If God is all then he is both sides of the coin. If all powerful then he allows evil to happen. Could be an egotist. Might be a narcissist. Potentially a psychopath. Maybe the hands we never see or feel. God is the ultimate conundrum. How could we, with our minute intellects, even begin to fathom Gods true nature, intent or even actions? I think being God might be a very tough gig.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
To me God is a word that has a democratic type meaning..It has become synonymous with the ultimate of all things. Though it is a very specific word in English. God, My God, Your God, Abrahams God, the word has become whatever someone wants their sense of ultimation to be..it has evolved this way for communications sake..the language is whatever the dictionary says

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join