It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Classical Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Firstly, I'd like to express my new-found appreciation for the beauty of and in classical music. No music touches my Soul as this form does.

Second, I would like to share some quotes from the Great Walter Russel:

walterrussellblog.wordpress.com...

The rhythms of music and painting express the meter of man’s heartbeat and the universal heartbeat. They have the power to reach the Soul through their dynamism, which sculpture and architecture lacked.

The beauty of a piece of music is not in its technique but in the Soul of its creator; nor is it in the sound vibrations of the piece but in the silence of the Light from which the sound springs.

For thousands of years the pagan-barbarian civilization remained at a very low unchanging level. About eight hundred years ago a greater spiritual awakening advanced man to an ever-increasing level. Steadily gathering momentum it progressed the human race farther intellectually in the last one hundred years than in previous thousands of years. During the last eight hundred years, painting and music, and literature, the greatest of the spiritually transforming arts, came into being. Sculpture and architecture had been here before. These are the static arts which did not reach to the Soul of early man. The rhythms of music and painting express the meter of man’s heartbeat and the universal heartbeat. They have the power to reach the Soul through their dynamism, which sculpture and architecture lacked.

Posting work written by others
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
edit on Thu Feb 16 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed massive quote, added tags and link

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thirdly, on the 440hz/432hz "conspiracy" or debate: Is anyone personally familiar with Bachs choice of tuning? Apparently, he preferred a frequency in the middle of the two. I met an elder piano tuner, a dying breed, who spoke in depth on this to me. He was aware of the 440 vs 432 debate and loosely agreed that indeed there is something to the Pythagorean Scaling System.

Who would doubt that ''they'' would impose a disharmonious scaling system and apply it to all music? The hemispheric imbalance that discordant music creates is obvious to me, and is one of many forms of attacks from the "Black Lodge".

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's one hell of a C&P, impressive.
walterrussellblog.wordpress.com...
edit on 2 16 2023 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

From an old guitar teacher...with all of music ever written, entire history...is 13 notes. Not talking semitones...there's a buncha flats n sharps but...

But..the musical scale has 13! Notes w octave. I've heard some amazing orchestral pieces.

13 notes...

That week in Genesis with creating n all? When God got bored during all that...He created music to soothe things!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The hemispheric imbalance that discordant music creates is obvious to me, and is one of many forms of attacks from the "Black Lodge".

I tune every stringed instrument I own to A-440 and appreciate the discordant spice of that tuning. Does that make me a "Black Lodge" member even if I use them to play classical. I take it you're not a fan of John Cage.

edit on 16-2-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
As stosh pointed out, you dinna provide the source.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
These are quotations from the man referenced, the page is not the ''source''.

Walter Russell is the source whom which anyone can more deeply investigate if interested.

edit on PMThursday4pm2311934Thu, 16 Feb 2023 15:25:11 -0600252 by livinglight108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: livinglight108
These are quotations from the man referenced, the page is not the ''source''.

Walter Russell is the source whom which anyone can more deeply investigate if interested.

It's still customary to provide a link to quoted material to check if It has been manipulated in some fashion. It happens!

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

From an old guitar teacher...with all of music ever written, entire history...is 13 notes. Not talking semitones...there's a buncha flats n sharps but...

But..the musical scale has 13! Notes w octave. I've heard some amazing orchestral pieces.

13 notes...

That week in Genesis with creating n all? When God got bored during all that...He created music to soothe things!

Peace

If you do a google image search for "Russellian Science Octave" you might find some intriguing imagery from the person referenced.

Some have said we are ''dancing thoughts'' or ''tone poems''. Indeed, much to be gleaned from Genesis!

Peace to you, as well.
edit on PMThursday4pm2343951Thu, 16 Feb 2023 15:50:43 -0600502 by livinglight108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I was just messing with you. I'm not trying to be the ATS police.

I couldn't resist the 'Catholic guilt' thing!

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A lot of the old Bluesmen and other rustic types depending on how enlightened they were at the time would just tune to whatever, a mouse fart perhaps. People have spent stupid amounts of time trying to replicate tunings and for the most part to no avail. I imagine that since recordings of the music You're obviously passionate about are difficult to come by that this has to come down to numbers..well and good, but kinda takes away from the absolute elitist view that You project when it comes to the world of the Universal Voice, (thought that would be a cool band name) when You turn music into a divine mathematical equation. Not sayin it can't be figured that way, just takes away the ability for possibly expanding on genius or 'spreading the word' if You will.a reply to: livinglight108

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

In college, I made a color tower. 13 gells, each assigned a note. Ten piano fingers in chordal formations...would flash multiple color hues.

One could "play" yellow. Or "hear" purple. Even white.

1989 Univ of Mich...ahead of my time I tell ya!!

Blessings!✌️

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

In college, I made a color tower. 13 gells, each assigned a note. Ten piano fingers in chordal formations...would flash multiple color hues.

One could "play" yellow. Or "hear" purple. Even white.

1989 Univ of Mich...ahead of my time I tell ya!!

Blessings!✌️

Synesthesia (sort of)? Clairvoyance means clear vision. It's uncommon these days though some either have it or are cultivating it.

top topics

join