It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphinx Rain Marks From 12,000 Years Ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

The authorities will never let us in on that.

That site dates back 13000 years and they know it.

It's frustrating.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

OMG! Great see see you posting!

You are the author of many of my favorite threads!

A true legend 🍻

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The last time heavy rain fell in the region, capable of causing erosion to soft limestone, was ...... last year

Yeh that’s right , because every time it rains in Egypt it eats away THAT amount from the Sphinx and its enclosure. Yeh. Sure.
2 things that you need to take into account -
1) Mark Lehner etc DIDNT want to hear Robert Schoch’s evidence when they called him for a meeting ( read Schoch’s own words on the matter)
2) many geologists concur with Schoch . Shame that gatekeepers only focus on those who don’t .

Paleo climatologists will tell you the last time enough rain fell in Egypt to do that , and it was the end of the last ice age .
Egyptologists don’t trump climatologists I’m afraid .
But hey, you can believe the climatologists are making it all up if you like .
Add in the papers on the YDIH that you all seem to be lacking in depth study of.

a reply to: AndyMayhew

edit on 17-2-2023 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2023 by bluesfreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak

The last time heavy rain fell in the region, capable of causing erosion to soft limestone, was ...... last year

Yeh that’s right , because every time it rains in Egypt it eats away THAT amount from the Sphinx and its enclosure. Yeh. Sure.
1) Mark Lehner etc DIDNT want to hear Robert Schoch’s evidence when they called him for a meeting ( read Schoch’s own words on the matter)
2) many geologists concur with Schoch . Shame that gatekeepers only focus on those who don’t .

Paleo climatologists will tell you the last time enough rain fell in Egypt to do that , and it was the end of the last ice age .
Add in the papers on the YDIH that you all seem to be lacking in depth study of.

I prefer to let the climate data and geology do the talking. What it says is not what you want to hear.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: bluesfreak

I prefer to let the climate data and geology do the talking. What it says is not what you want to hear.

Torrential rain in the Sphinx area... is associated with the end of the Ice Age. 12,000 years ago.

So you're obviously not talking about that degree of torrential rain, in modern day, because it doesn't exist. Though you're vaguely suggesting that, without exactly saying it.

I know a guy in real life, he is functionally-illiterate, and he's very proud of being obnoxious to everyone about everything, plus he's very proud of being so vague, that he's never really saying anything at all.

So then, no one can pin down anything that he ever says. Because he's never really saying anything. Except obnoxiousness and ignorance. What fun!

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, I was basically asking if anyone had any definite opinion about... IF the Sphinx really has water marks or not.

It would be a great time-marker of the end of the Ice Age, 12000 years ago.

So apparently, no one really has a definite stance about it.

Maybe someone might come to the thread in the future.

Water-marks could be interpreted different ways, either as a time-marker of the Ice Age's ending rains, OR maybe it was some kind of water reservoir surrounding the statue. Maybe even a water-fountain.

The central question seems whether or not it's really showing water marks though. I hope someone can come along eventually and give a definitive argument.

...Although, the lack of argument AGAINST the idea (that it has water-marks) actually seems more encouraging of that idea... if no one has any huge arguments againt it...

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
If it was underwater or undermud the line would have probably eroded by now. I hear it's packed with seashells - that's a hint.

I've heard about seashells being inside the limestone blocks of the pyramids.

However, I thought it was more a reference to MILLIONS of years ago, the ocean being over the Sahara? Actually that's a separate topic all by itself: Is the Sahara simply the remains of an ocean that used to sit over it? And is that why there's so much sand, because it was just the goddam bottom of the ocean?

I think the normal explanation is that the desert (and all that sand) just came from the climate drying out too much, and probably too much deforestation etc., so that it was always land, but it just got too hot and dry.

I think I lean on the side that the mass amounts of sand, actually probably came from it formerly being an ocean, slowly collecting sand on the ocean floor, for untold time.

I think that makes more sense for why there's just billions of pounds of sand everywhere, because we know that it forms on the bottom of the ocean like that.

...Alternately, seashells could be interpreted as maybe just referring to a more recent time, when the Sahara was more alive. Maybe it's the same time period mentioned before, the end of the Ice Age, maybe the rains and flooding simply brought some seashells and ocean life into the Nile and its arms.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesChessman

Limestone is literally shells - that's what the rock is made of. It varies according to how and where it was laid down as to the size of them though (and in some cases it may even be an ancient coral reef structure).

The limestones in Egypt were formed in the warm, shallow, Tethys Ocean tens of millions of years ago and later uplifted above sea level by tectonic movements (which also closed the ancient ocean) as Africa collided with Europe.

The sands of the Sahara are eroded from rocks. Surprisingly, you don't normally find sand on ocean floors. Sand only occurs around the edges of oceans - beaches - either from wave action eroding coastal rocks or deposition from rivers.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesChessman
Torrential rain in the Sphinx area... is associated with the end of the Ice Age. 12,000 years ago.

That's my first question: is it really? Where can we see evidences of that?

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I don't have to walk much to see something like that, as that kind of limestone was used on the apartment building where I live.

I just had to open the door and take two steps to take this photo.

It doesn't mean the building I live in was built thousands or millions of years ago. In fact, it was built in 1976.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Exactly.
And another thing we must remember about limestone is that it can be extremely easy to erode, and besides wind and water it's very easy to erode chemically, something as simple as vinegar could be strong enough to start some chemical erosion.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

That's my first question: is it really? Where can we see evidences of that?

No, I was just referring to the climate timeline itself, the torrential rains are associated with the end of the Ice Age. 12,000 years ago.

It's a separate question if we can find solid evidence of that, OR if the Sphinx is showing solid evidence of that, which is the core question of the thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I don't have to walk much to see something like that, as that kind of limestone was used on the apartment building where I live.

I just had to open the door and take two steps to take this photo.

It doesn't mean the building I live in was built thousands or millions of years ago. In fact, it was built in 1976.

...No one suggested anything about modern buildings with seashells limestone, being built millions of years ago. That's actually YOU suggesting that.

Nor did anyone suggest that seashells themselves were the same age as any buildings containing them, except you.

I had only suggested that the shells could have been washed into the desert, during the rains and floods, at the end of the Ice Age, 12000 years ago.

And alternately, I think there's a convincing case that the entire Sahara desert used to be the bottom of an ocean, probably millions of years ago, mainly for the giant piles of sand everywhere, which look just like the sand at the bottom of an ocean.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It's a separate question if we can find solid evidence of that, OR if the Sphinx is showing solid evidence of that, which is the core question of the thread.

If you are asking if the Sphinx show evidence of torrential rain that supposedly happened 12000 years ago then I would start by trying to know if that torrential rain really happened, otherwise we might be looking for traces of something that never happened, and that's a bad way of spending time.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Exactly.
And another thing we must remember about limestone is that it can be extremely easy to erode, and besides wind and water it's very easy to erode chemically, something as simple as vinegar could be strong enough to start some chemical erosion.

Alright? Well the central question is whether the Sphinx is showing water marks or not (and if so, if it's a marker of the end of the Ice Age)?

I don't think vinegar was washing over the Sphinx... Do you?

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

...No one suggested anything about modern buildings with seashells limestone, being built millions of years ago. That's actually YOU suggesting that.

I'm not suggesting, I am stating a fact.

Nor did anyone suggest that seashells themselves were the same age as any buildings containing them, except you.
OK.

I had only suggested that the shells could have been washed into the desert, during the rains and floods, at the end of the Ice Age, 12000 years ago.

Then you should be clearer about what you mean.

For rains and floods to have washed shells into the desert and then those become part of the limestone from where the blocks used to build the pyramids were cut means, obviously, that the pyramids are much more recent that the supposed rains and floods, as limestone doesn't appear instantly.

That timeline would be something like this:
rains/floods -> shells washed into the desert -> limestone is created with those shells inside it -> blocks of that limestone are cut to build the pyramids.

Once again, the supposed existence of those torrential rains/floods is the starting point of your idea, so I think that's where we should start looking for facts.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't think vinegar was washing over the Sphinx... Do you?

Obviously not (I was expecting someone to ask that).

But what I meant (I also should be clearer about it) was that limestone is chemically fragile, so any rain that fell on the ground where the Sphinx was buried most of the time would have taken any chemical present on the surface or on the ground above and around the buried body of the Sphinx, and those could have easily affected the limestone.

PS: have you looked at the oldest photos of the Sphinx? We can see some differences, including the parts they added during the last 150 years or so.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm not suggesting, I am stating a fact.

OK.

Then you should be clearer about what you mean.

I've been clear what I mean. I've been saying, the shells could be washed-in from the rains at the end of the Ice Age, 12000 years ago.

For rains and floods to have washed shells into the desert and then those become part of the limestone from where the blocks used to build the pyramids were cut means, obviously, that the pyramids are much more recent that the supposed rains and floods, as limestone doesn't appear instantly.

That timeline would be something like this:
rains/floods -> shells washed into the desert -> limestone is created with those shells inside it -> blocks of that limestone are cut to build the pyramids.

^Right, that would be the sequence of the events, if the shells came from the flooding, rainy end of the Ice Age.

Which itself was supposed to be several hundred years of rain & floods, I think 600 years, if I recall correctly? Which I would have thought, sand and shells could probably pack down, and turn solid, in 600 years!

Separately, I also happen to think that the entire area used to be underwater, probably a much longer time ago, probably millions of years ago?

That would explain why there's such a huge wasteland of sand... which looks just like the huge mounds of sand, accumulated on the bottom of the ocean.

So obviously, piles of ocean sand would be expected to be full of shells automatically...

Once again, the supposed existence of those torrential rains/floods is the starting point of your idea, so I think that's where we should start looking for facts.

The 600 years of torrential rains / floods are established, mainstream science, as far as I know. The end of the Ice Age. 12,000 years ago.

I thought the Sphinx was the place to look, whether it really has water erosion or not. Because if so, it would probably be evidence of the rainy end of the ice age...

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The 600 years of torrential rains / floods are established, mainstream science, as far as I know. The end of the Ice Age. 12,000 years ago.

It would be good if you could find a real reference.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Even a cursory look at the timing of wet periods in this area throws up answers I’m sure you don’t want to hear either.
Here’s just one easily found sample from hundreds of articles and papers on monsoon level rains in Egypt/Sahara post ice age .
Scroll down the article for the dating that you dont like:
LiveScience article Monsoon Rains Nile Valley/Sahara

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join