It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fabrication of Jesus' Resurrection? The Infographics Show analysis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: saint4God

People believe that Joe Biden got 81 million votes.

And here we are, mocking people who believe in Jesus.

Oh, Truth Burn!

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

There is simply no archeological or hard evidence for ANY of the myths of the bible.

You sure you want to stand by that incredibly ignorant statement? I'm not name-calling but using the word 'ignorant' in its purest form = lacking in knowledge.

There's more archeological proof than you can shake a stick at. Written too.

I'm in the middle of something at the moment and honestly - why waste a lot of my time throwing info at you that you've already chosen not to believe in?

Or maybe you could look for yourself? Google's your friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
It's amazing how much effort people who don't believe will put into proving to themselves that they shouldn't. Anyone who has experienced these things obviously isn't going to be told they don't exist and say, "uh ok, I guess I should go not follow these things".

I do understand though, having been someone who was an atheist for the first half of my life and also a scientist by trade. When something happens, it can be a bit of a shakeup learning that everything you doubted is real.

I have personally experienced many things that people claim are fairy tales and nonsense after practicing Falun Gong. I also am 100% sure Jesus did the majority of the things recorded in the Bible including the resurrection. It took Falun Gong to show me the science part and the genuine experiences that came from that to make it undeniable. It's not all blind faith out there.

but no problem with dark matter,,
stuff that's definitely there but can't be seen.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It’s my opinion that some Christians unintentionally put the cart before the horse.

Romans 10-17 says,

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The faith that the word of God speaks of is a God given faith. Not something we conjure us inside ourselves.

The Bible says that our thoughts are evil and that we aren’t capable of coming to Him of our own accord.

Check out this guys story. We all have one.

Proving something isn’t the foundation of my faith. There is evidence that supports my faith and there is evidence produced by my faith.

My two bits

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

There is simply no archeological or hard evidence for ANY of the myths of the bible.

You sure you want to stand by that incredibly ignorant statement? I'm not name-calling but using the word 'ignorant' in its purest form = lacking in knowledge.

There's more archeological proof than you can shake a stick at. Written too.

I'm in the middle of something at the moment and honestly - why waste a lot of my time throwing info at you that you've already chosen not to believe in?

Or maybe you could look for yourself? Google's your friend.

If there is "more archaeological proof than whatever" then why don't you show it and avoid this sad show?... I've been looking and studying these things for decades, and there isn't any real conclusive hard evidence for the myths of the Bible. That's not a "belief", it's a fact. And everyday they are even less, as science is able to expose many of the lies. Be simple and show the proof. And no, Google is never your friend. It's a propaganda machine, and censors everything that doesn't go with its narrative.

edit on 16-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

a reply to: ltrz2025
And everyday they are even less, as science is able to expose many of the lies. Be simple and show the proof.

Does the "Be simple and show the proof" part apply to you to?

Show me these "many" lies that have been exposed.

I'll wait...
edit on 2/16/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

A few days ago with some members we debated this very long topic in another thread called "Who is Jesus to you?", you can find detailed explanations there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

A few days ago with some members we debated this very long topic in another thread called "Who is Jesus to you?", you can find detailed explanations there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No thanks.

We're in this thread and you made a statement that you're now retreating from because I called you out.

"Be simple and show proof" - your words not mine.

That was a very definitive statement you made, but it seems it was BS, or you'd show your work.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Sure, whatever....

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've always known God exists, right from being a child but I never knew which version of Him was the truth. Islam, Judaism or Christianity as they all worship the same god. Eventually I went with Christianity because of Christian values but something just didn't feel right about the faith and the more I understood Jesus the more frustrated I became.

Over time the frustration turned into anger and I began to lose all faith in God, and so I begged Him for the truth and He showed me, if He hadn't my soul would have been lost, the truth is terrifying and wonderful and something only YOU can discover.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
the people who own the banks, are the people who own the media, who own the books, who own the history books.
they make up stories, to discredit our religion.

but their religion is sacred, hence the freemazons promoting it.

anytime i see this, if you look at the names, they are the 'same old' names that discredit my religion.

they own everything, they own the world, they run things, so let them rant.

the rebelllion is coming, and people will be free maybe OR dyst0pia will set in, and mini0ns will be home with their sex robots never leaving their houses while 'they' party on the beach in real life.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Simplistic answer would be that he didn’t die on the cross. Suffered sure. Lapsed into unconsciousness definitely. Was dead to those tasked with taking him down and laying him in the tomb - but wasn’t. Kind of explains most subsequent things, like doubting Thomas, the wounds etc.
edit on 16-2-2023 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Have you ever seen the shroud of Turin as it is called today, a relic that was probably looted from Byzantium and taken to Italy from there.

It turn's out the debunking claim that it was from the 1100's has since been debunked itself even by members of the original team that made that study as they in fact took fabric that was contaminated by other fabric which had been used to sew damaged areas after the shroud was damaged in a fire in the middle ages.

A later study shows it to likely be from the very time of Christs crucifixion, there is no paint on it and it is not the work of a camera obscura as some have claimed wrongly but rather the image is made from some intense energy that radiated from the body of the Jewish male whom was buried in it complete with the small parcel's one on his wrist and one on his forehead just as orthodox jews do today when they pray and with a crown of thorns on his head, scourging that had pulled sizable pieces of his skin from his body that was probably even worse than the crucifixion and a wound in his side were he had been pierced with a lance that cut into his heart.

His hands and feet were pierced by six sided nails, a rarity in Roman times were most were made of four sides but some have since been found that confirm the six sided nails use at that time, pollen on the material is consistent with every place it has been but includes plenty from the area of Jerusalem, their is blood or rather a substance that forms in blood that stays red long after blood goes black and is produced by the liver when a person is in extreme stress.

The sheet also seems to have captured the very moment of the resurrection as one hand is actually imprinted twice as it moved.

No He WAS dead, he should from those wounds have died from the scourging that would likely have given most men a heart attack and caused there death but he weathered it despite the blood loss and agony of that alone never mind being hung on cross with nails in his hands and feet and then stabbed in the side to make sure he was in fact dead.

The Acta Pilate is a questionable ancient document that is probably genuine though it may be hard for some to swallow because it describes Jesus as Golden haired and fair skinned unlike the darker Jewish people he was among but that could just have been Pilates impression of him as since Jesus is God it is perhaps possible that different people would see him differently as the Apostles never mention him in the same way.

It describes the eye witness account of the two soldiers left to guard the tomb whom both fell asleep and were wakened to see a great many people like ghosts standing before the open tomb with great light shining out of it and these ghostly people were cheering, probably those same people whom were resurrected during his death and were seen by many within the city.

(Another ancient document known as the Book of Enoch that was lost to the west but survived in the Ethiopian church before other copy's were later found as archaeological discovery's also mentions how NOAH was unlike his father and how Enoch nearly disowned him until an angel told him that he was indeed his son because Enoch upon seeing the baby Noah described him as white, shining eye's and golden hair like the son's of God the fallen watchers so taking that it kind of suggests that perhaps the description of Jesus appearance in the Acta Pilate is genuine)
edit on 17-2-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025
And no, Google is never your friend. It's a propaganda machine, and censors everything that doesn't go with its narrative.
I'm not a fan of people telling me "Google is your friend" as if that means they don't need to post any links to support their claims.

Then I try using Google and they complain about that, will probably happen again here.

I searched "Jesus is still alive" on Google and it was immediately confirmed in the Google results.
Is Jesus Really Alive Today?

Jesus is really alive, and He will remain alive forever.
I didn't try to calculate how old he is but he's getting up there in age. That worked so well I tried it again:

I searched "Elvis is still alive" on Google and it was immediately confirmed in the Google results that he had been sighted after his death.

Elvis sightings

Sightings of the American singer Elvis Presley have been reported following his death in 1977.
Elvis is getting up there in years too if he's still alive, though not as old as Jesus.

I know there are skeptics who won't believe Elvis is still alive, but if "elvis lives" returns millions of hits, how can it be wrong, especially if "google is your friend"?

I watched the video in the OP which implies that Richard Carrier does not exist, but I think the evidence for Richard Carrier's existence is irrefutable. The video could have at least acknowledged Carrier as a "fringe theorist" or something instead of implying he doesn't exist at all.

The way I see it there's faith, and there's science. They can exist separately but historically it usually doesn't work out too well when people try to use science as some kind of proof of their faith. I like to recall the famous quote by Galileo Galilee that “The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go”.

If you're happy with your faith, you shouldn't need science to prove it, because faith doesn't require science.

If you really want to try though, an interesting and fun exercise is to study Noah's ark and do the science and calculations of how many animals would have been on the ark, and how much space they would take up, and whether or not they could all live in the climate of the Ark. Instead of saying "google is your friend", I'll actually provide a link.

The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark

That brings our count up to a grand total of 3,858,920 animals aboard the ark—two of each species, except birds which number fourteen each.

Problems with the biblical limits.

This figure may seem excessive at first glance, but in reality it is so small as to be unrealistic. Many animals need more than a single pair to reproduce. Bees and other hymenopterans live in colonies and "apart from the community [they] cannot properly function or survive"...

1,063,125 cubic feet to be divided among the nearly 4 million animals, resulting in a mere 0.275 cubic foot per individual! No arrangement of cages, however ingenious, no high-density packing of minute invertebrates, could squeeze everyone into this amount of room. For comparison, a sable antelope or red hartebeest needs a crate of 57 cubic feet for the brief journey from capture to quarantine; a zebra, 77 cubic feet; medium-sized giraffe, 99; eland, 110; hippopotamus or small elephant, 214 (adapted from Hirst, p. 121). These seven species alone, male and female, require more than 5,600 times the allotment per specimen for a trip that rarely exceeds three days.

That's just the tip of the iceberg on problems with just that one story in the bible when we try to apply science to it, so I think it's best to just believe what you want and not try to prove it with science. Most people are going to believe what they want anyway, and there are still people who believe in the story of Noah's ark despite all this science refuting it.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

We can't demand someone else to experience the life one of us experiences, not by telling them what to see, what to feel, or what to think. It doesn't work that way. It's not a button to push,

we can only encourage people to go on in life.

Life has its ways.

Years ago we sent private messages to eachother, Saint4God, what I want to thank you for for the comfort you bring. I was under another account. You're still around being the best thing I've ever seen.

Link to the currently last post in a thread about some painting of mine:Post
edit on 13-5-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's All about a Personal Belief System and a Matter of Perceptions that Not All of Us Know how to Deal with .

.............................................Hmm...

edit on 13-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Archaeological evidence of the Kingdom of Judahs existence would prove your statement wrong!

Furthermore, there are many other misconceptions in your spewing post. I will not waste my good energy on you, but i replied to wish someone this lost the good luck that you wished upon us.

You truly will need it if you sincerely believe what you wrote! So Good luck sir/madam!

edit on 2023-05-13T15:25:19-05:00202305bpm3105pm1931 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Shroud of Turin is an interesting artifact. Can anyone explain the image?

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

1. A 13th Century Religious Fake

2. The Leftover Irradiated Image on Cloth of Christs Resurrection

3. An Unexplainable " Oopart " yet to be Defined

4. None Of The Above

Take Your Pick .
edit on 13-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

1. A 13th Century Religious Fake

2. The Leftover Irradiated Image on Cloth of Christs Resurrection

3. An Unexplainable " Oopart " yet to be Defined

4. None Of The Above

Take Your Pick .

A team from Sandia Labs studied the shroud. I was fortunate enough to attend the Lunchtime Brown Bag Lecture after they returned. They could not say what created the image, but they were pretty certain what didn't.

They verified the fluid from the spleen. They verified the human blood. They verified micro organisms vacummed from the cloth that matched with known samples from Judea in the days of Christ. The image on the cloth showed no absorption from any fluid that the image may have been painted with, nor sweat or oil.

I know that carbon dating has placed it in the middle ages, but the team said that there were repairs made to the cloth during the middle ages after the fire that left silver drops on the cloth. Their dating showed it to be much older.

So I go with the big old burst of radiation emitting light from INSIDE the cloth. Beam me up Scotty! left evidence.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join