It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Colonization: Our Purpose

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It is my hypothesis that the human species is a product of our Creator's design, fashioned as exploratory, terraforming beings intended to colonize the vast universe of the Creator's making. To resist this fundamental purpose is to invite suffering upon ourselves. Our genetic code bears within it an innate desire for exploration, a yearning that cannot be suppressed.

If we embrace our calling and adhere to the Creator's will to multiply and populate this universe with kindred beings, we may yet evolve into masters of this realm before our eventual return to the Creator. We are situated in a unique and secure position within the vast cosmic expanse, distinct from the higher planes that have already been colonized in previous epochs of expansion. Our brethren among the stars remain in our midst, offering us guidance and companionship despite the distance that separates us.

Yet we must not disregard our common origin, treating our maternal home with the utmost reverence and respect. We cannot recklessly abandon our nurturing mother as we strive to advance beyond the confines of our current existence. Rather, we must cherish her and hold her dear, for we will require her continued care and support for many eons to come.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yup.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ok OP. How do we go about satiating our exploratory thirst? Off the top of my head it seems, with current technology, we would be looking at either generational ships or seed ships in order to spread beyond the borders of our system.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Beautifully written.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Every journey starts with but a single step. The first step for any child is to leave the womb and then later on as they developed to escape the crib and to explore the world that the children find around themselves. I would make the interpretation of that a leap to say that we need to colonize our immediate surroundings our solar system is much like a child’s room that has everything within it needed for the child to develop the skills to go beyond the room and into the greater world to explore further.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Maybe that is our most basic purpose. It sounds much better than the idea that we are at the bottom of a cosmic food chain.

My eccentric uncle once told me about the "selfish gene" theory, something he probably read about somewhere at the time. The basic idea was that all life survives and reproduces to pass along it's genetics, but it's all for the survival of this gene only. Our lives, our minds, everything that makes us who we are is there to serve this selfish gene. I don't know which gene(s) this could be. I believe this is an actual scientific theory, but I never researched it to find out what the hell he was talking about some 30-40 years ago.

So has all life evolved as some sort of contest to see which gene is worthy enough to survive? What is the final goal of the selfish gene, just to outlast the other genes? Maybe the selfish gene is a gene common to all life, so it will always win as long as some life survives somewhere. That could mean life will need to keep the selfish gene alive by eventually surviving outside of the known universe, hence the need to continuously explore.
edit on 14-2-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

the human species is a product of our Creator's design, fashioned as exploratory, terraforming beings intended to colonize the vast universe of the Creator's making

Do you know what the term "colonizer" represents?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

multiply and populate this universe with kindred beings

that's the only thing not going as planned, probably the creator wasn't a genius in human psychology, or he would have anticipated the mental damage his doctrine will cause...

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

It represents a basic need of all life to expand beyond the limits of its current existence. The modern frame of reference has a little to do with anything but a momentary interpretation of something far greater and have much greater significance.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
I think perhaps you are not entirely informed of the plan. Probably it is important to note that the creator is a greater genius than you have any possibility of ever understanding and our puny human psychology is that a child and will grow as we mature. It is human doctrine and the selfishness and neediness of a spoiled and indulgent child that plagues humankind at this moment in our development.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

It represents a basic need of all life to expand beyond the limits of its current existence. The modern frame of reference has a little to do with anything but a momentary interpretation of something far greater and have much greater significance.

Your name alludes to a trend I've noticed recently, where people are juxtaposed between two ideas: machines are inevitably going to terminate the traditional "soul" of society, and humanity is imprisoned within the limitations and mortality of our flesh. Perhaps you can elaborate on the concept I just described in addition to the very sparse language you used above.

Incidentally, I've also been doing some casual reading on the subject of "biocentrism" and the concept that life defines or perpetuates reality, not the other way around. Gravity, frequency, chemistry, metabolism, biodiversity, all dependent on cognition despite the fact modern cognition wasn't evident until 12,000 years ago when agriculture and writing were first being developed.

edit on 14-2-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Your purpose is to love and procreate. Whether you do it on earth or on mars, it doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So, it seems you are talking about a gradual progression of outward expansion. Lunar colony, Mars and so on and so forth. Generational expansion if you will?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Our brethren among the stars remain in our midst, offering us guidance and companionship despite the distance that separates us.

Any guidance and companionship offered has been ignored by us, so we will have to make major improvements, such as gaining the ability to look further than 5 years into the future if we are to advance here on Earth, never mind out in the cosmos.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Seed ships and multi generation ships won't work. By the time you get there the colony will already be established and you will be seen as invaders.

If it takes longer than 10 years for the trip, the next generation ships will pass you on the way. If it takes 100 years, the colony will have been well established at least 50 years before your arrival and you are likely to just be wiped out on arrival. Seen as an attacker.

After you launch, technology still advances.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It is unclear what you means by "a trend recently." I chose the name "machine intelligence" on ATS because at the time I was working on a project involving neuromorphic graphene-based synapses mimicking biocompatible transistor computing about eight years ago. This project involved analyzing the effects of morphogenic fields induced by shared DNA information. I think that nonverbal communication is due to communication within the morphogenic field. DNA is formed into a helix of conductive carbon chains that are capable of quantum entanglement and communication on the phonon level. I would suggest that humans experience a similar type of communication with the creator of the universe through the overarching morphogenic field created by the presence of the creator's mind within the universe. Human beings experience this connection with the universe when they perform in a creative manner.
To expand on this I chose the moniker  "machine intelligence" on ATS while I was working on a project involving neuromorphic graphene-based synapses. Neuromorphic computing refers to the use of physical architectures that mimic the biological neural networks of the brain. Graphene-based synapses we're found to potentially be used to build such architectures.
The project also involved analyzing the effects of morphogenic fields induced by shared DNA information. Morphogenic fields are fields of information that shape the form and behavior of living things. I think that nonverbal communication among different species may be due to communication within the morphogenic field. I am aware that this idea is not widely accepted in mainstream science.
I find that DNA is formed into a helix of conductive carbon chains that are capable of quantum entanglement and communication on the phonon level. Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where two particles can become entangled, such that measuring the state of one particle can instantaneously affect the state of the other particle, even if they are separated by a large distance. Phonons are quanta of lattice vibrations, which can carry information through a material.
It is my belief that humans experience a similar type of communication with the creator of the universe through the overarching morphogenic field created by the presence of the creator's mind within the universe. This idea is based on the concept of panpsychism, which suggests that consciousness is a fundamental property of the universe. Again this is not widely accepted in mainstream science. I suggest that humans experience this connection with the universe when we perform in a creative manner. When we preform  creative acts we can tap into a source of inspiration or intuition beyond the individual self. This ultimately will lead us to seek out our creative source both individually and collectively.This is to say that the universe essentially calls to us to explore it and we are the mechanism that it has created to explore itself.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Seed ships and multi generation ships won't work. By the time you get there the colony will already be established and you will be seen as invaders.

If it takes longer than 10 years for the trip, the next generation ships will pass you on the way. If it takes 100 years, the colony will have been well established at least 50 years before your arrival and you are likely to just be wiped out on arrival. Seen as an attacker.

After you launch, technology still advances.

If technology advanced to the point that the seed/generational ships were leap frogged then the there should be knowledge of the slower vessel being on it's way there. Therefore, the seed/generational ship should be expected by the colony who can then greet them and bring them up to speed of the new environment. No?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

I don’t think it is an accident that the first human beings ever to go out into space were wearing diapers. No longer requiring nappies and wobbling about outside of the crib seems to be our immediate future. I think that of course we will grow beyond that if we are not slaughtered in the crib or perhaps even in the womb. We are after all still on mom’s tits. I’m not really thinking about multi general spacecraft or warp drive at this point. Those are a young child’s fantasies and not much more.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It is unclear what you means by "a trend recently." I chose the name "machine intelligence" on ATS because at the time I was working on a project involving neuromorphic graphene-based synapses mimicking biocompatible transistor computing about eight years ago. This project involved analyzing the effects of morphogenic fields induced by shared DNA information. I think that nonverbal communication is due to communication within the morphogenic field. DNA is formed into a helix of conductive carbon chains that are capable of quantum entanglement and communication on the phonon level. I would suggest that humans experience a similar type of communication with the creator of the universe through the overarching morphogenic field created by the presence of the creator's mind within the universe. Human beings experience this connection with the universe when they perform in a creative manner.

Is this phenomenon exclusive to the human genome or components are diversely available in other lifeforms capable of functioning as a receptor for phonon communication? Next step would be to design a decryption key and initiate actual dialogue instead of deconstructing random white noise, assuming there's a reasonably cognizant party on the other line.

It is my belief that humans experience a similar type of communication with the creator of the universe through the overarching morphogenic field created by the presence of the creator's mind within the universe. This idea is based on the concept of panpsychism, which suggests that consciousness is a fundamental property of the universe. Again this is not widely accepted in mainstream science. I suggest that humans experience this connection with the universe when we perform in a creative manner. When we preform creative acts we can tap into a source of inspiration or intuition beyond the individual self. This ultimately will lead us to seek out our creative source both individually and collectively.This is to say that the universe essentially calls to us to explore it and we are the mechanism that it has created to explore itself.

Panpsychism is challenging to discuss, much less confirm, without some technique for prompting and otherwise exchanging ideas with the entity in question. The seth experiments are one example but lack the rigorous clinical parameters you would generally expect in a professional environment.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I think that all creatures that experience a capacity for creativity have a capacity for 2 way communication with the source of creation due to the nature of that communication and cocreation being a part of the universe causation or it’s principle driver perhaps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join