It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'black' 'national' anthem being sung...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
the commmunist mannifesto calls for the destroying our heritage.
now, the commmies have decided our Republik has 'two' 'national' anthems.

they are singing TWO 'national' anthems at the superbowl tonite.

i got rid of cable, becuase i realized even on sports shows, the pro-paganda is hit you thru commercials.
why have cable, when you can down the show later?

so tonite, in front of millions of minnions, they will 'tell' people our Republik has TWO 'national' anthems.

i haate commmmies.
they destroyed our property, commmies burned down all our property in chyna.

i tell any of these commmies today, go to chyna, start buring and riotting and destroying property there, then they do not have to worry about such things as our Republik's one national anthem.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: drongosrevenge
"Lift Every Voice And Sing" is not a Commie thing. It's a song that every American can be proud of. It doesn't replace the National Anthem, so maybe take a breath.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Lift every voice and sing
Till earth and heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise
High as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us.
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
Let us march on till victory is won.

Stony the road we trod,
Bitter the chastening rod,
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
Yet with a steady beat,
Have not our weary feet
Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered,
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
Out from the gloomy past,
Till now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.

God of our weary years,
God of our silent tears,
Thou who hast brought us thus far on the way;
Thou who hast by Thy might
Led us into the light,
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;
Shadowed beneath Thy hand,
May we forever stand.
True to our God,
True to our native land.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jdottir

Devide and conquer. Do you not understand that?

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Often referred to as "The Black National Anthem," Lift Every Voice and Sing was a hymn written as a poem by NAACP leader James Weldon Johnson in 1900. His brother, John Rosamond Johnson (1873-1954), composed the music for the lyrics.

naacp.org...

While I agree that there is nothing about this song per ser that we should necessarily find objectionable, denying it's specific relevance to racial relations can only add to the divide between those who are already posturing on either extreme end of the issue.

I have heard it referred to as a poem, a hymn, and now a song... They should be more careful how they market the idea...

Regardless, I'm sure some sappy celebrity will use the occasion to elevate their virtue signaling to epic levels.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That is another show I don't have to watch. WE have ONE National anthem. To even suggest that there are two is as divisive and separatist as it can possibly be. So much for the party of inclusion and acceptance...
edit on 12-2-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hear Hear!!!!!

or is it here here? anyway, ugetit
a reply to: Vroomfondel

PS. I’ve not watched a single minute of football since they took the first knee during our National Anthem.

β€œTHE” NATIONAL ANTHEM. OUR ONLY NATIONAL ANTHEM!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: PS

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

Often referred to as "The Black National Anthem," Lift Every Voice and Sing was a hymn written as a poem by NAACP leader James Weldon Johnson in 1900. His brother, John Rosamond Johnson (1873-1954), composed the music for the lyrics.

naacp.org...

While I agree that there is nothing about this song per ser that we should necessarily find objectionable, denying it's specific relevance to racial relations can only add to the divide between those who are already posturing on either extreme end of the issue.

I have heard it referred to as a poem, a hymn, and now a song... They should be more careful how they market the idea...

Regardless, I'm sure some sappy celebrity will use the occasion to elevate their virtue signaling to epic levels.

It's called a hymn, as anyone with the world's most comprehensive encyclopedia in their pocket should know.

Imagine being so fragile and bitter and devoid of compassion that a spiritual song of ancestral suffrage annoys you... AND you have the audacity to broadcast your indignation to the world, but only because you are comfortably hidden behind the anonymity of your userhandle where consequences can't find you.

πŸ˜πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

edit on 12-2-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
For those against this, perhaps the Star Spangled Banner should be performed in its entirety.

Especially this stanza:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Would that be better instead?

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jdottir

They are labeling it as the black national anthem.

Because of crap like this, blacks are fomenting racism. If systemic racism does exist, crap such as this only intensifies it.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Seems like a non-issue to me. Who cares if they want to sing an extra song at the super-bowl? It's not like they are removing the national anthem. It's just a football game after all...

I think the most interesting thing is how Trump went off on Rihanna - rollingout.com...

So it's hard to take Republicans seriously about "division" when many of them still support an ex-POTUS who thinks it's a good idea to trash a celebrity on social media (again). Keepin it classy as always..

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Here's the thing, the original Star Spangled Banner already had a clear divide in it. "The land of the free."

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Pathetic and childish that you actually care what they do and do not sing.
It's called a free country. And you actively want to suppress others freedoms by crying about it and wanting them to go to "chyna".
You sound like a commie to me and not even an educated one.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Pretty racist to have a anthem for only one race of people.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Talk about pushing racism...we are one people, all of us share the same national anthem because we are all Americans.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's called a hymn, as anyone with the world's most comprehensive encyclopedia in their pocket should know.

Imagine being so fragile, so bitter, so completely devoid of compassion that a spiritual song of ancestral suffrage annoys you. How absolutely pitiful these people must be, to not merely indulge a quiet internal debate, or text your parents about it, and maybe write it down for their next psychiatric appointment... but to actually type it out and broadcast their conceit to the world like they're clever.

πŸ˜πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I don't have to imagine it. The reality is self-evident to me.

If it were a song, I wonder who owns the rights to it? Just curious.

If it is a hymn, wouldn't most any other religious/spiritual composition raise the ire of 'non-believers' who chafe against that sort of thing - despite its lyrics? Maybe not... just fuel for the internal reflection that may be forthcoming...

I guess it's no longer a poem (as its author created it) ... otherwise the interest in it would be decreased by two orders of magnitude.

There are many songs of "ancestral suffrage" most of which would be considered out of place at a entertainment/sporting event... why is this one particularly relevant here? (a rhetorical question.) It seems well-placed to elicit emotions...

Personally, I find the composition admirable, and meaningfully devoid of angst while pointing to hope and celebration of overcoming hardship. It seems the song itself is not meant as offensive... but as usual, in our world of applied Bernaysian mass psychology efforts, the song elicits sensitivities. Now perhaps it is meant to... since we all are apparently considered 'in need of reminding' about what so many American citizens suffered and overcame.

This hymn, as you say, isn't about the evil men wrought... it's about how the time of that evil is now, thankfully, in our past.

Ironically, for some, it evokes a continuation of that suffering, a revisiting of "old wounds." Almost as if we should not allow the wounds to become a scar, and instead keep it open and vulnerable to poking. For those most prone to guilt, it is a reminder of sins, hubris, and shame. For the past victims, I propose this shouldn't be about the 'glorification' of past sufferings. But again, who can speak to it righteously, except those who actually suffered? Time inevitably renders us into spectators of history.

Perhaps it is necessary dialogue that has no 'convenient' place to occur... I simply fear that its inclusion is being 'used' to create a problem... rather than resolve one.

If people must refrain from sharing their 'conceited' thoughts lest they be harshly judged, we must consider the judgements may be just as conceited... No disrespect intended.

I like to begin by establishing that no opinion need be concealed, there is no valid reason to pretend that such opinions do not exist. But most importantly, that unless I am mistaken, we were discussing they 'why'... not the 'what.'

edit on 2/12/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If people must refrain from sharing their 'conceited' thoughts lest they be harshly judged, we must consider the judgements may be just as conceited... No disrespect intended.

I like to begin by establishing that no opinion need be concealed, there is no valid reason to pretend that such opinions do not exist. But most importantly, that unless I am mistaken, we were discussing they 'why'... not the 'what.'

Because black culture dares to set aside white privilege for 5 minutes and raise tribute to their own traumas and their spiritual achievements as a community. There's your why.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Because black culture dares to set aside white privilege for 5 minutes and raise tribute to their own traumas and their spiritual achievements as a community. There's your why.

I am not eager to extend this discussion - I sense I am poking at anger...

But I dare say it is not the "black culture" that is doing anything... just as it was never 'white culture' that did anything. To me such things as 'culture' attributions are all too convenient to eliminate personal responsibilities and provide "group targets." The culture didn't 'decide;' decisions belongs to a 'someone' not a 'culture.' (Unless there is a someone who is actually a representative of black culture. There may be... I just don't know who can make the claim.)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Theres a black national anthem?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Can I hear this musical production or do I have to wait for the unveiling of this masterpiece during the super toilet?

One nation under God....

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Personally I don't care what songs they wanna sing...no sweat off my back. Its just not a national anthem...and there is no black nation so its not that either. Its just a song to sing which appeases some people and that's all it needs to be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join