It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your first VHS video recording.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think my first recording was a Carry On film on our new Ferguson Videostar 3V23 back in 1980 or 81. Of course being in the UK, we were just getting into the 'video nasties', so at 11 i was renting Evil Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Texas Chainsaw etc.
The first film I owned was a pirate copy of First Blood but the first proper film I bought was the original UK precert of Who Dares Wins (aka The Final Option).
I rented it so often, the guy eventually gave it to me. I still have it all these years later !

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: devilhunter69

Respect for the Ferguson Videostar.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A neat thing about Beta was that it automatically fixed so-called bootleg protection. If you got a VHS with bootleg protection, ran it through a Beta and back to VHS you could make a copy that worked perfectly. Not that I ever did anything like that...

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Back in the early to mid 90's two Mitsubishi VCR's connected to each other would get rid of copyright protection as well. The best part was doing so was legal at the time as in Canada we had the right to backup our physical copies regardless of what the warnings on the movies said. And of course I only ever backed up movies I owned

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just remember 'Dark Shadows' coming out on video, I bought ALL of them (hundreds) and it cost me thousands of dollars at the time, but I didn't care.
I couldn't stop watching Barnabas the Vampire!

<< 1   >>

join