It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA You REAP what you Sow FOOD DESERTS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Walmart closing its stores in certain areas.
HERE

“It’s infuriating that such a massive, resource-rich and wealthy Fortune 100 enterprise like Walmart cannot keep such an important location open,” Chambers said in a statement obtained by BizJournal. “The move not only negatively impacts shoppers, pharmacy customers and store workers, but I fear it will only add to the food desert issues that we are seeing in that area.”

I wrote about this not so long ago. I could see the movie Elysium playing out in real life AND it is!

All these fools thought that the shoplifting spree would last forever. All they did was GIVE these stores a reason! IMPORTANT location, HAHAHAHAHA. Important for who, the Five Finger Discount shoppers!!! 🤣
Now those same people are all BOO HOO’ing. I’ve never been to that Walmart but I did go to a Target in that vicinity and it was the most horrible, dirty, sad excuse for a store. I wouldn’t doubt it if many other stores are soon to follow. Maybe if people didn’t shoplift they could have nice stores in their neighborhoods!

I love how people expect stores to just stay there and take the losses, take the crime. It’s downright hilarious. I love how these stores just close the door and tell the employees we have a lot of other stores you can work at all while giving those customers the middle finger. Get ready, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have no love for Walmart, but totally side with them in this case.

I can already envision what is going to happen.
I see massive HOA enclaves, gated with security of course. I see much smaller local grocery stores INSIDE the enclave. Florida has some of these mega communities but most of the stores are just outside. Just wait, I give it under 10 years, maybe even 5. It’s going to happen.
The small stores will be for quick pick ups, but I suppose most goods will be delivered and a lot of brick and mortar places are going to go poof!
That’s when people will try to hit the trucks and delivery methods.

edit on 8-2-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I do feel sorry for the seniors living in these areas, but some of them are ALSO shoplifters!

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Funny that you mentioned Seniors. It is so bad here in Japan with Seniors shoplifting these days. Many are senile, but still...
Here it is a felony to steal. If you are a company employee and a foreigner, it looks bad on the company. It is my understanding after jail time, they ( the govt. deports you, feel sorry for the spouse because she stays behind or moves to the spouse's country )

America should have such policies like the above too.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Funny that you mentioned Seniors. It is so bad here in Japan with Seniors shoplifting these days. Many are senile, but still...
Here it is a felony to steal. If you are a company employee and a foreigner, it looks bad on the company. It is my understanding after jail time, they ( the govt. deports you, feel sorry for the spouse because she stays behind or moves to the spouse's country )

America should have such policies like the above too.

It is so terrible in our state. People brag about shoplifting. People have NO shame anymore.
Theses stores can’t sustain it either. I’m in a good area and I noticed a lot of stores are limiting their high ticket items, or putting signs out that items can be ordered and sent to your house. No point going to the store if you can’t even see it in person!

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
3 Kmarts and 17 Sears left in the US. For those keeping track.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I understand where you are coming from. Don't you have price tags that sound an alert if the item goes through a security check at the door ?

Here it is customary in many stores these days. But getting back to Seniors, here the cops call the kids up and they have to pay for the goods the elderly steal. As I mentioned, many suffer from memory loss and other mental illnesses. If kids shoplift, the schools are notified along with the parents and then the parents have to go to the police station. I don't know what happens after that. Our child never shoplifted here .

Stores will have to look like what they are in the Philippines or in the USA ghettos soon. Everything behind bullet proof windows. Can't blame the store owners. I use to manage a 7-11 in Santa Monica and I can tell you this... there is NO Shame in stealing. Mostly at the time is was cold medicine, beer and whine. Run in, run out , jump in the car and sayonara .

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

These stores have it all, it doesn’t matter these people get a giant bag, put tons of items in there and JUST LEAVE. The store clerks aren’t allowed to do a darn thing. If they try to stop them they get fired.
There are certain stores that are getting hit more than others.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Even if they catch the person, there are places that have the policy of doing nothing so long as the loss isn't above something like $700 or $800, so there might as well be a blank check policy for almost all petty theft. It all adds up.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Every gated HOA will need it's own farm, solar panels, windmills and small lake.
I guess I just described my own dream getaway house.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Every gated HOA will need it's own farm, solar panels, windmills and small lake.
I guess I just described my own dream getaway house.

I say HOA’s but that isn’t really what I mean. I mean more like a mini city, but totally enclosed.
They are building that one mirror place in the Middle East (I think Dubai) and I heard there might be something similar in Texas.

I’ve also been hearing about 15 minute cities. I wonder if this is all part of a bigger plan.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Less shoplifters and more controlled collapse of the food supply. WEF strategy.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I used to like JC Penny. That's where we got our rings.

I am below 50 years old and I am just watching the decline of civilisation in real time. It's not just the States folks .
It is what it is, I guess.

We are just semi or old people pouting on an internet forum no one knows or cares about.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yeah, a plan to lock you in and not travel.

Neo feudalism on steroids because you WONT grow your own food and you WONT be untracked in your purchasing/bartering.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The 15 minute city idea is meant to restrict movement by keeping people from moving outside a defined neighborhood without a specific pass to do so.

In order for a 15 minute city to have any part of this, you have to be talking about abandoning the greater part of humanity beyond the walls. You either take your chances outside or live the controlled existence inside.

Almost Brave New World.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It is the high cost of poverty. No business wants to deal with the theft and dysfunction that permeates most ghettos. Retail is already operating on razor thin margins. The "shrinkage" from theft is the difference between a profitable store and a money loser in many cases.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Those people have to shop somewhere. What will happen when they start leaving the ghetto to find stores that are not closed? This thing may wind up getting all our shopping closed or severely restricted.
edit on 8-2-2023 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
Those people have to shop somewhere. What will happen when they start leaving the ghetto to find stores that are not closed? This thing may wind up getting all our shopping closed or severely restricted.

The first thing that happens is the complaints, but that gets nowhere. These stores close when they want to close.

Then the people start shopping in the surrounding areas. They may try to shoplift at those locations too. It may or may not work. Some areas don’t play that game, EVEN customers in certain areas WILL fight back.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

The problem is that too many of them aren't shopping. They're simply taking what isn't theirs.

I wouldn't worry though. The plan is forced integration through the building of low income housing in neighborhoods that previously would not allow it in. This behavior will soon target every store everywhere.
edit on 8-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was in that walmart a year or 2 ago and it's a good thing it's closing, nasty area these days!! I know a walmart store manager and he said corporate budgets 1 million per store for theft every year which is hard to believe. If only the people in the hood would learn their lesson. The store closing just means that the next closest store to the ghetto will now see a massive increase in shoplifting. Even out here in the burbs things are bad. My wife worked at Walmart in Delafield during covid for a few months and there was a constant flow of people from the city filling their carts and walking out the door and they don't do a thing. That just happens to be the first walmart going west where they don't have a receipt checker at the door.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

When brick and mortars can't operate in the city, we'll all have to order online and porch pirating will be huge. Then there will be a rash of people getting in trouble for their own asset protection.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join