It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Review and Analysis of the Garabandal Prophecies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The time frame is analyzed in the first post, attempting to narrow down the window for the events.

Re read the first post for your answers to this. I had to read it a few times and am still referring back to it, it is just loaded with so much info.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Great read...Val and Myn........oh...and Springer(yeh copy and paste...but to glue all this together takes time !)

I do remember a documentary on tv about the children......
and thinking........walking backwards and receiving the eucharist in the air? ....it was black and white......

When FlyersFan....said.....///Quote///My take at this point on Garabandal - it's demonic deceit.

That reminded me of another web site that said similar things........Below is part of.........
Quote//Satan is a very crafty creature, and he knows that one of the thing on which Catholics and Orthodox agree is their veneration of the holy Virgin.
So, if Satan would be able to make one of his demons to impersonate the Virgin Mary, and, through this false virgin, assure those Christians that the Lord will indeed come to earth and reign among them for a thousand years, those Christians that will believe the false virgin will actually fall easily for Antichrist.

The question arises, can Satan do this? II Co 11:14 tells us that Satan can transform himself into an angel of light! And if Satan can and will bring in a man that will impersonate Christ, an Antichrist, what hinders him from bringing in some entity to impersonate the Theotokos, an Antitheotokos?

This is not a fantasy or an unproven theory, it is actually happening right now! In the following pages we will give you the details.
more below..........
www.stmarycoptorthodox.org...

/////dbates also said in this thread about 99% being truth.....just to fool
Well if this prophecy at Garabandal is true ......then one must accept the prophecy as 100% or it doesnt hold......my thoughts anyway......

All take care..
helen....

[edit on 4/9/2005 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Regarding the event in the Church on the day of the Miracle:

My research so far is not coming up with any definative information. There are a great deal of Catholic fringe sites that are difficult to discern. I will however share some specualtion I have come across regarding these things.

First, there are A LOT of sites claiming that JP II, per one of the seers of Garabandal is the last true Pope. It should be noted that no where does it say this came from the apparitions, but was rather based on something that was said by the girl later and I see no definate confirmation of this to discern one way or the other. One site I was suspect of actually comes right out and declares that the warning will occur immediately after the death of JP II. This of course (whether this is the year for the warning), as I stated earlier will either be confirmed or condemed shortly.

As for the event in the Church on the day of the Miracle. It was referred to by the seer as "like a Dogma", leaving the rest of us to only speculate that it could actually be a new Dogma, or it may not. The most likely possible Dogma at this time from what I can see (and have found as speculation by others on this "event") appears to be the the declaration a current doctrine of the Church that has yet to be clearly defined or declared as Dogma. That is the Doctrine of Mary as Mediatrix.

Now, acknowledging that MANY Christians outside of the Catholic Church do not understand this doctrine and find it an outright heresy of the RCC, I request that we not debate the merits of this doctrine itself, as that may derail the thread. I am only reporting what I have found so far. It should be noted however, that if this particular (and extremely controversial doctrine) were to become Dogma it would be considered a positive event of the Church for many and does fit the description of an event. I also see that if this were the event, for it to occur simultaneously with the warning, there would be a deeper understanding of this doctrine, alleviating the controversy that would arise if it were to say happen tomorrow. It would in fact coincide nicely with the miracle.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
More and more things seem to be falling into place and narrowing down the timeframe.
There's a lot to think about.

I found a perpetual calendar online and figured out that this saint's day doesn't fall on a Thursday again until 2017.
I didn't realize our calendar cycled every 11 years, just like the sun, so that was a revelation in itself and guess when the current cycle ends?

Yep, April 2006..

It doesn't seem likely that all of these women will live to 2017, so 2006 seems to be the last chance for the miracle to occur in their lifetimes.
I am convinced you've found the right saint, all of the others are too obscure and if the point of the warning is to prove that God exists, the evidence will need to be clear and undeniable.

I still can't find any reason that the warning has to occur in the next week. They only said the miracle would occur within 12 months of the warning, so that means anytime before April 2006. I've mentioned this "Deep Impact" mission in a half dozen threads over the last few months and nobody's shown any interest, which I find very odd in a place where everyone thinks there's a conspiracy every time the govt. or NASA open their mouths.

In July this year we're going to smash a space probe into a comet that's travelling towards Earth, just to see what's inside.... They've told us that this thing is basically just an ultra heavy wrecking ball they're going to drop on it. We believe that? When every pound we launch costs $$$$ we opt for the heaviest and lowest tech solution? Right.

I think they're planning to nuke that sucker into a cloud of dust and then tell us they just saved the world.

Only I think the result is going to surprise the hell out of everyone including them, and that's going to be your warning. The comet is named for the astronomers that discovered it, "Tuttle" and "Tempel". The only origins for the name Tuttle that I can find is in the egyptian word "Tut" which means "in the image of". So, comet Tuttle/Tempel could be translated as "In the image of the Temple".

I haven't been in a church since I was 5 years old, I can't pronounce Eucharist, hell I can't even play Euchre!
But this stuff is hard to ignore and if it does happen, I'll be lining up with the rest of the pilgrams visiting sunny Spain this time next year.

edit to add: Yikes! I just realized this is the end of the 23rd cycle of solar activity recorded. 23 keeps coming up in religious threads because 2/3 = .6666666

[edit on 4/10/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
That is the Doctrine of Mary as Mediatrix.

Now, acknowledging that MANY Christians outside of the Catholic Church do not understand this doctrine and find it an outright heresy of the RCC,

The full dogma that some are wishing to have defined is -
Mary - mediatrix and co-redemtrix. Now .. before any fundamentalists
get upset .... the LATIN of this, which is still the offiicial language of the
church ... uses 'co' differently. It just means that she is WITH the redeemer. Not that she also redeemed.

Oh ... and this dogma was brought before PJPII to see if he would
proclaim it. He would not. Consider that ... he is very Marian and
he declined to define that as dogma. I can't see others defining it.

[edit on 4/10/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Thanks. Is there any reason the warning couldn't come after next week?

No, there's no reason it can't come anyday within the 12 months preceding The Miracle. In fact, it could come on the 8th day - that might be the way the woman is going to give an 8-day heads up on The Miracle.

NASA's comet-collision project is an interesting thought in this. hmmmm

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I'm sorry, but I can't find anywhere they state that the Pope will see The Warning???

Years ago I read in Garabandal Magazine that the girls did indeed say
'the pope will see it where he is ... padre pio will also see it'.

Obviously Padre Pio is dead. To get around this snafu people claim
that Padre Pio saw the Warning and the Miracle on his death bed.

I don't have a link ... but perhaps Garabandal Magazine puts something
on the internet??? Dunno'. Like I said. I read that in the magazine
YEARS ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

www.ewtn.com...
the link above does provide a connection between Padre Pio and Garabandal.

For 8 years during the 1990's my husband and I were volunteers at
EWTN. During that time, Mother Angelica pretty much ran the place.
She was a BIG promoter of Garabandal. BIG. She had Joey Lomangino
on her live show a bunch of times and she made at least one trip to
Garabandal while I was a volunteer there. (mother fell down and hurt
her ankle while walking in the hills near 'the pines')

Usually EWTN does well with it's facts, but considering that the founder
of EWTN completely believes in Garabandal, even though the official
Catholic Church findings are that 'nothing supernatural happened' ...
I have to conclude (from my personal experience) that EWTN is biased
toward Garabandal - biased against official church findings.

since at this time the authenticity can neither be proved nor
disproved, not even by the Church.

An apparition can't be proven by the church at all. It only offers
recommendations, or in some cases warnings. Supernatural origin,
not supernatural, demonic. Three times the church has declared
Garabandal not to be supernatural. (I disagree - I think it's demonic.)
I still look to the official church findings. They have been determining
authenticity of apparitions for almost 2,000 years (the first Mary
apparition happened very quickly after her death).

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Regarding Joey Lomangino's eyesight ... So you see, as the miracle
hasn't occurred, he would not be expected to recover his sight yet.

Thanks for the link. The reason I brought up Joey Lomangino was
because he is getting OLD. He's in his mid 70's. Probably 75 or so.
Last I heard he has dementia. What good will giving back his eyesight
do if he is on his deathbed with dementia? It just doesn't make sense.
Unless he is going to be cured of his dementia too.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

As for the event in the Church on the day of the Miracle.
It was referred to by the seer as "like a Dogma",

Election of a new pope ... that's BIG and effects the whole
church and the whole world (popes are political powers too).
New pope may = new direction for the church. "like a dogma".

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It doesn't seem likely that all of these women will live to 2017, so 2006 seems to be the last chance for the miracle to occur in their lifetimes.

I've mentioned this "Deep Impact" mission in a half dozen threads over the last few months and nobody's shown any interest,

2017 would make them very old. They could live that long but you are
right, it doesn't seem likely. I think you are on to something ...
Your Deep Impact information fits nicely. I still don't believe in the
garabadal 'prophecies' but your information is VERY intersting.
So yes ... keep posting it .... I for one am interested.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Only I think the result is going to surprise the hell out of everyone including them, and that's going to be your warning. The comet .....

Well, you are missing one thing here. Both the warning and the miracle are said to not be explainable by science, to leave no doubt (if these things occur) that they are from God.

In this case, though it's possible a natural event could occur simultaneously with the warning, there is no reason to expect that one will, or even needs to.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I considered that, but let's face it, whatever form the warning takes there will be an attempt to explain it as a natural or man made occurance and many people will believe that. It would be kind of ironic if we caused the warning ourselves and provided the perfect excuse for people not to believe it, but I think there needs to be some doubt so that people can 'choose' to believe.

I don't know much about religion but I do know that God likes irony.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just posted this on another thread but it applies to this discussion too. The question of the girls predicting "only three more popes" not fitting Malachi's prophecy, could be answered if the next Pope is really the last one predicted.

Here's something else about Malachi's prophecy. There are several sources that state that he only predicted 111 Popes and the last line of the prophecy was added by the Catholic Church. It's been interpreted as a motto for the 112th Pope, but if you look at the latin text it really seems like it's just talking about the church in general.

All the translations online say that "Petrus Romanus" = "Peter of Rome" but the latin word petrus actually means "rock". The Rock of Rome / Rock of Peter is the same thing (the church), but if you translate petrus as rock it would read:

In extreme persecution, the Rock of Rome, the seat of the Holy Roman Church, will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.

It could just be an addition designed to avoid concern that we all die when we run out of popes. It basically says that the church will continue to look after it's 'flock' until the end, so don't worry.

So, the 111th Pope - The Glory of the Olives - could be the last one predicted.

They may have meant only three more popes before the one reigning during the warning. In other words it will happen during the reign of the fourth pope...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
well...

this week is "it" correct???

now, we just have to wait...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I just posted this on another thread but it applies to this discussion too. The question of the girls predicting "only three more popes" not fitting Malachi's prophecy, could be answered if the next Pope is really the last one predicted.

In extreme persecution, the Rock of Rome, the seat of the Holy Roman Church, will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.

They may have meant only three more popes before the one reigning during the warning. In other words it will happen during the reign of the fourth pope...

Interesting take on the translation of the Peter the Roman prophesy. Very interesting indeed.

Now, in an attempt to not confuse ourselves
, which is going to keep happening on this one I think...

First, the "only three more Popes" statement was not a prophesy of the apparition of Garabandal, rather a statement uttered by one of the girls upon the death of the current Pope at the time, almost something just blurted out without thinking and never really elaborated on why she said it. But yes, if it were true, then the one about to be elected would be the last.

As for "this week being the week", not exactly. The warning could come anytime after this week if the miracle is next year, which we don't know. So basically as of this year, this is the soonest a warning could occur if the miracle is next year. Further speculation does not nail down next year for the miracle yet because the clues are still vague.

As for the nature of the warning & miracle, I will state this again. This one is not suppossed to have any basis in nature. Yes, I am sure people will try to find a natural explanation, but the point is that it is not intended to be something that there can be any doubt on. A real warning, if one occurs would be pointless if half the world can debate it and explain it away. That is the big difference between this apparition and all previous ones even those approved by the Church. For instance the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima. Well, years have gone by and if you weren't there you can take it or leave it as to whether it happened. This one is to be a worldwide event experienced by all of the earth simultaneously, with an interior/personal aspect that is meant to convince all. Quite frankly, if it occurs, then we are in dire straits and it is a last chance for the world to amend their ways, each being given a personal understanding of where we have erred.

Finally, as to the origin of the apparitions be demonic, this is ludicrous. Though the Church will not affirm the apparitions or any supernatural phenomenon, they have not condemned the messages as they did say in the Bayside apparitons. That means that as of this point the Church finds no conflict between the messages and Church teachings. I think that it would be pretty difficult for a bunch of young girls to not make a slip up on this account. I am not personally convinced as to whether the apparitions are true or not, but under the current circumstances, I see no choice but to keep an open watchful mind.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Finally, as to the origin of the apparitions be demonic, this is ludicrous. Though the Church will not affirm the apparitions or any supernatural phenomenon, they have not condemned the messages as they did say in the Bayside apparitons. That means that as of this point the Church finds no conflict between the messages and Church teachings.

Not ludicrous at all.

1 - Didn't the church declare three times that the apparitions were 'not of
supernatural origin'? That doesn't mean they agree or disagree with what
is being said. It just means they think it was human conjured. Made up.

2 - Look at what happened. Never in the history of AUTHENTIC marian
apparitions did Mary, or the seers, behave in such ill manner. The
girls 'night of screams' took people out of the church where they were
worshipping God, and into the dark night to watch a spectical of bizzare
behavior. Mary wouldn't lead people away from worship of God. She
leads them TO God. The 'ecstatic falls' ... the girls becoming so heavy they
couldn't be lifted - this 'heavy body' happens in diabolical possessions.
The girl who had the 'eucharistic miracle' admitted that she stole the
eucharist from the tabernacle and did it herself. One of the moms saw
the girls float down the stairs backwards and out the door. Jesus got
man-handled and passed around to the girls like a soccer ball.
The children claim that when they went to touch Mary, their hands
went through her. Mary has been assumed into heaven. She would
be solid. In apparitions she is solid and others have touched her -
St. Catherine (of the Miraculous Medal) knelt down and put her hands
on Mary's knees (Mary was seated in front of her) as she listened to
Mary speak. However, at Garabanda 'Mary' is an illusion, not really
there.

Mary has never behaved thus with other children. This is completely out
of the ordinary for Marian Apparitions.

THE BIGGIE - 'Mary' telling the children not to bring blessed objects to
the apparitions. 'She' said she'd bless them herself. This is completely
in error. Evil hates blessed objects so immediately a warning should
have popped in everyone's head over this. And Mary is not a priest.
She can not bless anything. She NEVER would have said this.

Look at the link I previously posted. It has good information as to why
this is diabolical.

www.unitypublishing.com...

[edit on 4/12/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There's entirely too many big red words on that website for me to take anything they're shouting seriously.

I did read one letter supposedly from the vatican, it was responding to a letter sent in 1970 and mentioned a similar letter they responded to in 1996... Over 26 years to respond to a letter?

There's one interesting thing, we aren't the first to come up with Thursday, April 13 as the date for the miracle.

Apparently, they did not learn. Before this flight [101] was even off the ground, these same mystics were saying that the "Great Warning" of Garabandal would take place on Holy Thursday, April 13, 1995.

They packed many many airplanes at over $2000.00 per seat. In Garabandal there were between 15,000 and 20,000 people packed on the little mountain against the orders of the bishop. Over one hundred Spanish policeman were needed.

Fourteen days later, they published an apology.

"I wish to apologize to any and all for the inconvenience caused by an erroneous prediction of the great miracle on Holy Thursday, April 13, 1995."

People were screaming for their money back. There was no miracle, there were no accommodations, everything was a mess, almost as bad as Jim Jones. They assured people that they still had there money but they went on to say how many financial problems they had, and asked that they have mercy. They went on to say that Mary has asked us to perform acts of penance, and they quoted "Garabandal, San Damiano, Medjugorje, Akita, Venezuela, Rwanda,, and Father Gobbi." [All but Akita are false.]

1995 was the last time April 13 fell on a Thursday.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

There's entirely too many big red words on that website
for me to take anything they're shouting seriously.

That's your choice. But the fact that they typed some things
in red doesn't change the substance and fact of what was
typed.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
/////dbates also said in this thread about 99% being truth.....just to fool
Well if this prophecy at Garabandal is true ......then one must accept the prophecy as 100% or it doesnt hold......my thoughts anyway......

Of course we're all speculating here, but I was just saying that the events may be real, but the effect may not be fully explained. For example..

When you eat you will become like the gods knowing good from evil

We all know that this great lie wasn't a lie in that it was false, it was a lie in that it withheld large portions of the truth. That's just what I was thinking here. It's possible that this is true, but I wouldn't look for the outcome that many expect.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by dbates]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join