It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clean-Burning Wood Stove

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:05 AM
link   
A clean-burning stove will attract less attention. The older style wood stoves are designed to burn slowly when the air intake is shut down. This is practical and economical but can be smoky. More recent designs burn smaller pieces of wood hotter and faster with little smoke after start-up. Some stoves have catalytic combustors that cut the temperature the smoke burns at by half.

This video shows a clean-burning stove that gasifies woodchips or other small fuel.

edit on 8 2 2023 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 04:45 AM
link   
That was great... cheers for posting. Such efficiency. I wanna make one

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Nice.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hearthstone Heritage Soapstone stove. Better built. EPA approved oxy afterburner. Carefree operation for 20 years for me.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not seen the video yet but looks/sounds like a bio-char based system, recently built one from scratch for the first time with a local volunteer/community farm and suprisingly easy to build plus the end product makes incredible compost and can be used as a cooking stove.

EDIT: Seen the video and he's expanded the bio-char idea/chiminea by encasing it in concrete or similar to make it far more suitable/practical for home use and fitted cooking ring on top of the flue/built a proper stove.

Great video - ours was for outdoor only intention/use to make the compost end product while reducing emissions, but this makes maximum use out of the energy given off.

The 'waste product' from the heater/generator is worth several times more than the initial fuel/woodchip. It will increase a lot more in coming years as knowledge of it spreads and the nitrogen-fertiliser crisis hits farming.
edit on 8-2-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Enjoyed that vid. Being out in the bush myself I am always looking at alternative means of cooking and heating. Wood isn't a problem. The lady in the vid is quite passionate and complements the ingenuity the gentleman puts into the construction and operation.

Kind regards,

Bally

new topics

top topics

join