It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Secretary General calls upon action everywhere with influence to stop disinformation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   
UN Secretary General calls upon action everywhere with influence to stop mis & disinformation on the Internet.

Here is the UN again targeting free speech by urging action from those that have influence to stop mis & disinformation on the Internet. This wont be the first time that UN has targeted Free Speech.

UN Secretary General calls upon action everywhere with influence to stop disinformation

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92
Making their fears visible I can see. If it is disinformation, it would fail on its own lack of merit. Fear is sweating through the pores.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The banning on social media and the non subjects of what passes as news these days reminds me of the outlawing of political opposition which is a classic hallmark of totalitarian systems. It does not have to be even political as anyone who goes against the official story can be labeled ???? Undesirable, a terrorist, a no fly person, a no can leave your house person etc etc ??? Kinda sound familiar ?

By banning free speech, or silencing others you never learn you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

By silencing others or silencing certain topics you are proving most CTs points.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:50 AM
link   
But who decides what "mis & disinformation on the Internet" is?

For me it is something like that whole propaganda BS about Corona, Ukraine, Climate for example.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Check your wall for me, it's got an update.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Got to keep the rally call for all those troops on the information war front motivated. As this covid mess drags out more and more people are waking up every day. As the full story of just who ordered and payed for Pfizers fraud in the matter, the UN is going to be a shaky place for a while.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
the question as per norm is, just who gets to decide what is disinformation, or truth?

in fact i am both surprised, and not so surprised he just seemed to call out those calling "human caused climate change" the complete BS that it is. while seemingly ignoring some of the biggest, and worst cases of disinformation over the past couple years. disinformation that actually endangered people. disinformation put out by President biden, Prime Minister trudeau, and the governments and government organizations under them, as well as most American and Canadian mainstream media. in regards to their blatant lies about the vaccines, and what they did, and what their purpose was even for.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   
There are two ways of looking at this.

The official information is wrong and is failing because they have no real argument.

They are not capable of maintaining their official information because even they are arguing about what it actually is.

Lies on lies on lies.

Stay on target!

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I shall heed his call.

Expose the liberal world order!

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Then the U N should keep its collective mouth shut.
That would eliminate more than 90% of misinformation and disinformation in the world today .
Easy solution .

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
the question as per norm is, just who gets to decide what is disinformation, or truth?

in fact i am both surprised, and not so surprised he just seemed to call out those calling "human caused climate change" the complete BS that it is. while seemingly ignoring some of the biggest, and worst cases of disinformation over the past couple years. disinformation that actually endangered people. disinformation put out by President biden, Prime Minister trudeau, and the governments and government organizations under them, as well as most American and Canadian mainstream media. in regards to their blatant lies about the vaccines, and what they did, and what their purpose was even for.

I believe that's Nina Jankowitz. She even did a nice song about it. Wanna hear it?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Disclaimer:

I couldn't find the link where they define what is misinformation.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Dictatorship at its finest or not soo fine, I wonder how they will do that in the US, first they need to shred the constitution, I am sure democrats are all for it.

We all know the true behind this, the UN wants to become the government of the world with the globalist influences without been elected by anyone and they are getting desperate, this means having the final say so on any countries decisions that will affect their citizens.

But they need the US to be in line with their agendas.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

I got the answer Globalist,

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Old people upset that younger people are using the internet to find information and no longer need to get it from them?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't agree with this but I can see why this might be a bit concerning for the OP in particular.

edit on 7-2-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   

WHO'S TRUTH??

you have your facts ,..we have ours

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

dont worry it is what the EU will be doing.
Not just agaisnt Russians unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The EU is not invading Ukraine and failing miserably at it.

Keep on supporting and excusing that.

I know, Kosovo, Syria etc and more whataboutisms.

Zzzzz....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join