It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent history of (Chinese) Multiple High Altitude Balloons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just this week China admitted to the current balloon or airship flying over the CONUS. I'm surprised that citizens and patriots have not used laser pointers to paint this intruder.
Within the last two years, there have been (Chinese) Multiple High Altitude Balloons tracked over Hawaii and around the world. However NONE have been reported flying over China or Russia. Strange (not strange). There have been past sightings of high-altitude surveillance balloons and airships above Hawaii, Japan, India, the Philippines and India.A very similar type of reconnaissance balloon was spotted over Sendai, Japan, on June 17, 2020. Japanese officials confirmed that the balloon was "equipped with a cross part hanging beneath it as well as two propellers," but were unable to determine the purpose or owner of the balloon. twitter.com... 15ffe3d91826ddb71c69780a4549ba5%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2023%2F02%2Fcountries-china-spy-balloons-also-spotted-v ideo%2F

And another over Port Blair, India, on Jan. 6, 2022.

Again, over Hawaii.

Identified by the military as an unmanned balloon with no identification markings.
Hawaii’s adjutant general said the military sent aircraft on Monday to check out the balloon.
Dozens of Garden Isle residents captured the mysterious balloon, with some saying it was very bright and not moving.
Other residents said it looked like jets shot it down and some heard loud booms. But, the military said it did not fire at the balloon. The military said it is still tracking the object. www.hawaiinewsnow.com...
Gee, this sounds familiar, where have I read that before?
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
As far as painting the illegal Chinese balloon with a laser, there is this

And NO! I'M NOT RECOMMENDING TO DO THIS!
edit on v302023Saturdaypm28America/ChicagoSat, 04 Feb 2023 15:30:32 -06001 by Violater1 because: ;l'[opkuhds

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

How do they know they are reconnaissance balloons?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Good work, V!

ArMap: I think they use "reconnaissance" kind of generally while understanding there may be more to them. At least I hope our national security "experts" are that aware.
edit on 4-2-2023 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Nice, I forgot about high powered hand lasers. Had a friend that used to make them and sell them, he'd brag about how powerful you could make them, that it should be illegal, lol.

You mean to tell me someone could've brought this down anywhere over the continental US? Well, theoretically. I guess if they had, there might have been civilians hurt or killed, property damaged, and it would've been their fault.

Then the US government would've went after them and nobody wanted that heat, no pun intended.
edit on CST02Sat, 04 Feb 2023 14:40:49 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Dozens of Garden Isle residents captured the mysterious balloon, with some saying it was very bright and not moving.
Other residents said it looked like jets shot it down and some heard loud booms. But, the military said it did not fire at the balloon.

People just took video and photo's of nothing then right?
LOL.

S&F on both threads V1.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: ArMaP

Good work, V!

ArMap: I think they use "reconnaissance" kind of generally while understanding there may be more to them. At least I hope our national security "experts" are that aware.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

Nice, I forgot about high powered hand lasers. Had a friend that used to make them and sell them, he'd brag about how powerful you could make them, that it should be illegal, lol.

You mean to tell me someone could've brought this down anywhere over the continental US? Well, theoretically. I guess if they had, there might have been civilians hurt or killed, property damaged, and it would've been their fault.

Then the US government would've went after them and nobody wanted that heat, no pun intended.

Thank you, I thought it was a brilliant idea :^D

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Other residents said it looked like jets shot it down and some heard loud booms. But, the military said it did not fire at the balloon.

People just took video and photo's of nothing then right?
LOL.

S&F on both threads V1.

Thank you, as always.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

How do they know they are reconnaissance balloons?

Sigh
This afternoon, at the direction of President Biden, U.S. fighter aircraft assigned to U.S. Northern Command successfully brought down the high altitude surveillance balloon launched by and belonging to the People’s Republic of China (PRC) over the water off the coast of South Carolina in U.S. airspace. The balloon, which was being used by the PRC in an attempt to surveil strategic sites in the continental United States, was brought down above U.S. territorial waters.
www.defense.gov...
Deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I reported earlier that I witness such a balloon within the last year from the Austin, Texas, area. A white balloon in a clear sky at a very high altitude moving from the southwest to the northeast. I watched the first time with a pair of 7x35 binocs but it was so high that I still didn't see any details. About two hours later I looked for it again and saw it toward the northeast. I told several people about this sighting because it was obviously so large and not shaped like the usual high-altitude balloons that are/were common.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Have you considered the number of high altitude balloons launched Every Day from All Over the World?

The number is in the Hundreds!

And 99% of them sling some sort of sensor package beneath them.

And since the winds aloft speeds and directions are published, and publicly available (much of the data gathered by high altitude balloons, BTW), it is very easy for anyone to plot a balloon flight path to virtually anywhere.

The "trick" is catching the right wind at the right time and altitude.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Have you considered the number of high altitude balloons launched Every Day from All Over the World? The number is in the Hundreds!

And 99% of them sling some sort of sensor package beneath them.

And since the winds aloft speeds and directions are published, and publicly available (much of the data gathered by high altitude balloons, BTW), it is very easy for anyone to plot a balloon flight path to virtually anywhere.

The "trick" is catching the right wind at the right time and altitude.

Yes Capt Obvious, I have.
The National Weather Service operates 122 weather forecast offices in six regions. Each weather forecast office (WFO or NWSFO) has a geographic area of responsibility, also known as a county warning area, for issuing local public, marine, aviation, fire, and hydrology forecasts. Each of them may launch three balloons a day.

So what's your point?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That's just the US.

I notice you didn't mention all the other countries that do the same thing.

(post by Violater1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Deny ignorance.

Always!

Just because someone says that a balloon they did not make is a surveillance balloon doesn't make it a surveillance balloon.

Opinions are not facts.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As per meteorologists, that Chinese balloon does not fit the description of 'regular' weather balloons, but we will soon see exactly what it's purpose was when it is analyzed. Maybe it's a new generation type weather balloon that doesn't pop at 60,000 feet or maybe it is multi-purpose.

I was guessing it was a weather balloon, only because of my research into the extensive cloud seeding China is doing (from a chemtrail hoax thread recently here on ATS) and how it is adversely affecting it's neighbors weather. So to me China sending weather balloons over other countries to see how their cloud seeding is affecting complaining neighbors' weather seems logical to me.

Also the trajectory the balloons have taken to the U.S. Canada and South America seem as if they are indeed following the normal wind/jet streams. It is logical that the balloon was caught in the updraft near Alaska, then pulled southward, then depending on prevailing winds taken across the U.S., and it's obvious that its trajectory northward along the U.S. coast matches the wind directions.

www.iweathernet.com...

But as I said above, the balloon could be multi-purpose.

new topics

top topics

join