It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Trucks...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Every freaking tow company has a hundred cars in their yard which they swindles from innocent and unsuspecting people for the simplest reasons.

Got a flat tire or a suspended lic then boom your car is gone, taken away and now costs hundreds to get back. After 2 days they throw a couple hundredmore "service fee" then its like $50 a day or more for it just sitting in a freaking yard with plenty of room...

How can they do that to people....
This shouldn't be legal.

The law should protect people and their cars from getting jacked by these goons.
Tow trucks should just be a good thing that help people retrieve their cars from unfortunate situations and BRING THEM TO THEIR HOUSES -and nowhere else without you telling them!!
Then bill you in the mail like everything else does...

How many millions of people will be thanking me if this became the law?
You know how many times I've lost cars to this.

I'm loosing 740s left and right!!
(First world problems...)

Someday I wish every tow guy knows better than to jack me again lol.

Rant over.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Don't they only take cars to impounds when the owner has done something wrong or illegal, like driving without a licence or while drunk or with no insurance etc etc.
If you don't want to lose your car, stay within the law.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2023 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
You must not live in an area with "snow emergencies". Where designated streets are no parking at given times until they're cleared.

Yes I get the public safety factor of having to clear curb to curb. BUT when the likes of "AAAA1 Honest Towing & Plumbing LLC" contract with the city and appear in force when an emergency is declared... there is a money racket side to it as well.

What's that got to do with getting your car taken to the impound? Unless you've parked in the area they tell you not to during "given times"
I'm in the south UK so rarely get "snow emergencies" here, however I have got a couple of parking tickets for partaking a chance and parking on double yellow lines. You take a chance, you might get away with it you might not.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shinzaun

originally posted by: gb540
You must not live in an area with "snow emergencies". Where designated streets are no parking at given times until they're cleared.

Yes I get the public safety factor of having to clear curb to curb. BUT when the likes of "AAAA1 Honest Towing & Plumbing LLC" contract with the city and appear in force when an emergency is declared... there is a money racket side to it as well.

What's that got to do with getting your car taken to the impound? Unless you've parked in the area they tell you not to during "given times"
I'm in the south UK so rarely get "snow emergencies" here, however I have got a couple of parking tickets for partaking a chance and parking on double yellow lines. You take a chance, you might get away with it you might not.

I see you removed your comment. I take it its dawned on you then?
Cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If I own a company with a parking lot and people who are not patronizing me and parking in my lot taking up space my customers cannot use or parking there over night, I will be happy to have tow services take away the vehicles.

NO WE DONT NEED ANY MORE LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 2023 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
If I own a company with a parking lot and people who are not patronizing me and parking in my lot taking up space my customers cannot use or parking there over night, I will be happy to have tow services take away the vehicles.

The car parks (UK terminology) would also have MANY signs dotted about the place saying "customer parking only, clamping enforced, £100 release fee", if you can't be arsed to read the signs don't moan about getting clamped or towed in the US

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Got a flat tire or a suspended lic then boom your car is gone, taken away and now costs hundreds to get back. After 2 days they throw a couple hundredmore "service fee" then its like $50 a day or more for it just sitting in a freaking yard with plenty of room...

Do you expect someone to tow your vehicle with a flat tire for free? lol And why would it be towed to their lot that they pay for and not your home?

How about changing laws on requiring driver's licensing rather than making new laws?

Towing is a business. Welcome to America and capitalism. I suppose, don't do anything to get your vehicle towed. Or have insurance if say, your vehicle is in an accident or you get a flat.

More laws is never the answer. Never.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The car parks (UK terminology) would also have MANY signs dotted about the place saying "customer parking only, clamping enforced, £100 release fee", if you can't be arsed to read the signs don't moan about getting clamped or towed in the US

Yes. It is that way here too. But many just ignore it. Then gripe about it when they get towed. LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Do you expect someone to tow your vehicle with a flat tire for free? lol And why would it be towed to their lot that they pay for and not your home?

How about changing laws on requiring driver's licensing rather than making new laws?

Towing is a business. Welcome to America and capitalism. I suppose, don't do anything to get your vehicle towed. Or have insurance if say, your vehicle is in an accident or you get a flat.

More laws is never the answer. Never.

Totally agree, we have enough laws.
However following the ones we already have would ensure you don't get your car placed inside a fenced off compound.
Surely you understand that your rant E38DRIVER is totally your own fault??

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes. It is that way here too. But many just ignore it. Then gripe about it when they get towed. LOL

Strangely gone all quiet hasn't it!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: E38Driver
Every freaking tow company has a hundred cars in their yard which they swindles from innocent and unsuspecting people for the simplest reasons.

This shouldn't be legal.

The law should protect people and their cars from getting jacked by these goons.
Tow trucks should just be a good thing that help people retrieve their cars from unfortunate situations and BRING THEM TO THEIR HOUSES -and nowhere else without you telling them!!

Rant over.

By the way, and mainly because I'm from th UK, what's an E38??

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: E38Driver

The towing companies are just doing what they are paid to do. It's not their fault when a person violates some code or law that gets their vehicle towed. Being mad at them is illogical.

If a person does not pay their parking tickets or does some other violation that causes their car to be towed it's on them. Local law or parking enforcement are also just doing what they are paid for. It's not their fault either.

Imagine what it would be like in cities without some kind of control in place.

I think I pay maybe an extra $5 a month to have towing, lockouts, jump starts, and tire issues handled by my insurance company. I've never not taken care of the tiny number of parking tickets I've gotten in over 50 years of driving, so that's not an issue. I read the signs and obey them. Easy peasy
I'd be foolish to not pay attention.

Threatening the "tow guy" is over the top. They did not do whatever it was you did to cause your problem. You should be mad at you.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I agree with the OP that the fees are unreasonable.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: E38Driver

This shouldn't be legal.

Rant over.

I don't mean to go on but you've actually pi##ed me right off.
I don't know how it is in your country but in th UK it is a legal requirement to have car insurance if you drive a car, the insurance premiums are stupidly high because there are alot of dickheads on our roads with no insurance and if you get hit by them you STILL have to put your hand in your own pocket to pay for repairs caused by some other moron who couldn't be arsed to get insurance. They also moan about how unfair it is to have to pay so much, they are the reason we have to pay so much ffs.
Statistically, it's shown that people who drive without insurance are also highly likely to be driving an untaxed vehicle and doing so without a full license. THESE are the sort of people who don't give a f#@ck and park where they CLEARLY shouldn't during "given times", they then moan about how unfair life is, how wrong the rules are, how evil society is all because THEY didn't do things the right way.
You, sir/madam sound awfully like one of the di&#eads mentioned above.
Grow the f up, take responsibility for your own actions and don't expect sympathy when you pretty much admit to breaking the law. You are pathetic

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I agree with the OP that the fees are unreasonable.

I can imagine that they are, however they are set high as a further detterent from committing an act that would cause your car to be impounded in the first place.
#mostillthoughtoutrantever

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: E38Driver

Do you have roadside assist like the AA?

Also for people who don’t get illegal parking in the u.s, check out this guys channel on YouTube.

Towtrucker

It’s pretty good.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They should be more expensive then paying for car storage or even parking. Or else people would save money leaving the derelict beaters all over the place with no regard.

a reply to: Creep Thumper

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
@OP

You obviously lack education, or much experience, with the matter. Not sure how you define towing, as I worked in recovery. I never operated a “tow truck” in that position, but lots of wreckers in various sizes. My home truck can tow things, so not clear what you are talking about. That whole area is highly regulated by local/state/federal agencies, and backed up by laws. The lot is an impound lot, and if your car is in there the government said that is where it needs to be. They audit weekly, and when the state patrol calls at 2AM and tells you to bring it to impound…guess where it goes? If you abandon it on private property, the owner also has certain rights.

If you personally call, and the government didn’t mandate anything, the business will gladly bring it to your home - unless it is a recovery driver dealing with a police call (contact someone else, or wait). Yes, the business will need to get paid - rigs aren’t cheap to keep in operation. They don’t need more worthless junk in the lot to have to clean up. If it is a real recovery lot, half those cars are probably filled with brains/guts/blood. People probably died, and it smells horrible in the summer. You probably don’t need to hear stories of fishing families out of the water, after bloating for long periods of time. Seeing infants always got to me, even after building a thicker skin.

-ROYGBIV

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shinzaun

Like taking away your car for that sort of situations is still bogus IMO

All those situations are at the point of alligations and were supposed to be considered "innocent untill proven guilty"

Taking peoples vehicles is not part of their punishment under law..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join