It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis mentions Trump’s 2020 loss on Tuesday, that clearly did not go well at Mar-a-Lago

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Original VF headline and tagline

DONALD TRUMP IS ONE DAY AWAY FROM LEAVING A HORSE’S HEAD IN RON DESANTIS’S BED

The Florida governor dared to invoke Trump’s 2020 loss on Tuesday, a move that clearly did not go over well at Mar-a-Lago.

and we are off, somebody please tell these 2 the opposition is the DNC, just stay on point about the LOUSY current administration, and don't give the media any ammo to use to knock down RNC candidates till a pecking order is completely established.

These 2 may need to work better together to bring this shift home. Sure there will be some debating here and there but shouldn't the overall theme be we can't afford 4 more years of DNC control

Am I wrong? thoughts ATS?

Ive always thought the best way to know about a candidate is how their opposition media writes articles about them.

DNC media already coming hard at Trump and DeSantis, you can tell who they are concerned about, with nary a mention of Nikki Haley's announcement. Or does OMB with a touch of Orange State governor just get more subscriptions and clicks for VF? Probably a little bit of both.

Regardless can we end the talks of a Trump/DeSantis ticket? It ain't happening sports fans.

www.vanityfair.com...

Ron DeSantis has not yet announced he will run for president in 2024, but at least one person is extremely panicked at the prospect that he will, and that person is obviously Donald Trump. We know Trump is freaking out about the possibility of having to beat out DeSantis for the Republican nomination based on his remarks about the Florida governor over the last several months, which have included but have not been limited to: claiming DeSantis would have never been elected without his endorsement; saying he “sent in the FBI” to ensure DeSantis beat Democrat Andrew Gillum; busting out the nickname Ron “DeSanctimonious,” telling reporters “If [Ron] did run, I will tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering”; and suggesting he’ll treat the governor to the ole Ted Cruz special, i.e., insulting his wife and implying one of his relatives was involved in the murder of an American icon. By contrast, he’s apparently told Nikki Haley she should totally jump into the race.

For the most part, DeSantis has not responded to Trump’s comments, preferring instead to busy himself with banning an AP African American studies course and waging a war on transgender people. But on Tuesday, he decided to take a moment to hit back. Asked about Trump’s most recent criticism, the governor told reporters: “I roll out of bed, I have people attacking me from all angles, it’s been happening for many, many years. The good thing is, is that the people are able to render a judgment on that, whether they reelect you or not. And I’m happy to say—you know, in my case—not only did we win reelection, we won with the highest percentage of the vote that any Republican governor candidate has [had] in the history of the state of Florida…That verdict has been rendered by the people of the state of Florida.”

edit on 2-2-2023 by putnam6 because: additions

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
They both understand the game of the gang of Washington DC political mud pit so they're using it to both each other's advantage yes Trump said he had some stuff on DeSantis and I'm sure he sent this has some stuff on Trump but they're not speaking of what that is so they're keeping each other in the the news that's what it's a game it's a game of politics each other but when it comes to the current president there's no much slinging about it it's all facts it's right in front of our face what what an incompetent or betrayal of the American people the current president is.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
They both understand the game of the gang of Washington DC political mud pit so they're using it to both each other's advantage yes Trump said he had some stuff on DeSantis and I'm sure he sent this has some stuff on Trump but they're not speaking of what that is so they're keeping each other in the the news that's what it's a game it's a game of politics each other but when it comes to the current president there's no much slinging about it it's all facts it's right in front of our face what what an incompetent or betrayal of the American people the current president is.

All I'm thinking is more than ever it's gonna be a battle for the independent voter. Along with the DNC media blasting 24/7 negatives, there isn't gonna be much positive RNC news.

Disillusioned With Dems and GOP, Independents are Now the Largest Voter Group in the US

truthout.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If Trump runs as an independent, he will hand the election to the democrats just like Ross Perot did .

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Remember all the sh1t Trump spewed about Cruz, Rubio, Bush, etc... in 2016? What goes around, comes around.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

It'll be entertaining to see how quickly Cruz turns on Trump once it's clear Trump won't be getting the nomination after being his biggest sycophant for six years.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

i guess Desantis is going to put a old elie phant in the elie phant grave yard.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Regardless can we end the talks of a Trump/DeSantis ticket? It ain't happening sports fans.

Remember when Kamal Harris called Joe a pedophile and a life-long racist? Look where she's at now.

I can't even begin to second guess politicians; there's no rhyme or reason to most of their actions except the top two priorities of them all: money and power.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The Cabal is going to ply every angle. Maybe DeSantis is doing this to make it easy to lose. His strategy should be wait for DJT and be the next POTUS after that. He is ruining that with me, IF we can believe these stories.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Y’all want this beef to happen so badly.

I guarantee you, trump and desantis are already spoken and formulated a plan on how to move forward. I would not be the least bit surprised if desantis is his VP in 2024, and then becomes potus afterwards.

Trust the plan.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Game of Politics. We're not new to this.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If Trump runs as an independent, he will hand the election to the democrats just like Ross Perot did .

I agree and Im not suggesting he should run as an independent, just that more than ever voters have an independent streak, and no true party affiliation which is closer to how most Americans are any way.

The first party to tap into that reservoir of voters wins. 2020 margins were razor thin, no reason a solid Republican candidate cant win this, if done correctly.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
These ego trips are becoming tiresome...

They both seem to care about perception more than actually helping people.

Don't forget it was Trump that fast tracked these vaccines and still refuses to acknowledge the dangers.

DeSantis should be in jail for the war crimes committed at Guantanamo Bay.

You are delusional if you think an ineffectual political party like the Republicans will drastically change our lives. Trump threw us all table scraps for 4 years which was enough to make our lives slightly more tolerable. But at the end of the day no meaningful changes happened.

We're still over taxed and under represented by a government that's perceived as a global pariah by the majority of the people on the planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Remember when Kamal Harris called Joe a pedophile and a life-long racist? Look where she's at now.

I can't even begin to second guess politicians; there's no rhyme or reason to most of their actions except the top two priorities of them all: money and power.

Politicians yes, but is Trump a true politician? nor is he supported by the regular RNC. Whole different dynamic going on than the DNC in 2020 is it not?

Don't get me wrong Trump DeSantis might be the winning move but I don't see Trump going for it. Trump would likely win Florida regardless, and it remains to be seen if De Santis brings the heat elsewhere. He could for sure but it is unknown.

Still, they don't need to be pointing out each other flaws over and over, stay on point, it's a simple message any Republican is a better alternative than any Democrat. Very few Americans that are paying attention have to be behind the overall direction the country is heading.

The view of the nation flat lining at 70% negative is not a good trend for the DNC

www.nbcnews.com...

50% disapproval of the war rivals the 52% disapproval in the first month of the war.

50% disapprove of the handling of foreign policy,m wasn't this suppose to be Bidens strong suite, and it 's range has always been between 50-54% disapprove

Lastly, 61% disapprove of the economy, which has swung from 43-63% disapproval

Has a one-term President ever won with such consistently crappy numbers, or has a VP ever won on the coattails of such historically low numbers

edit on 2-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
These ego trips are becoming tiresome...

They both seem to care about perception more than actually helping people.

Don't forget it was Trump that fast tracked these vaccines and still refuses to acknowledge the dangers.

DeSantis should be in jail for the war crimes committed at Guantanamo Bay.

You are delusional if you think an ineffectual political party like the Republicans will drastically change our lives. Trump threw us all table scraps for 4 years which was enough to make our lives slightly more tolerable. But at the end of the day no meaningful changes happened.

We're still over taxed and under represented by a government that's perceived as a global pariah by the majority of the people on the planet.

Jeez Jay stuckin1980, where did anybody suggest so dramatically that the Republicans would drastically change our lives?

Please tell me for the love of all that is still good in America you aren't seriously worried about what the rest of the world thinks when your country is in the proverbial crapper.

Hell, I don't prescribe to the WEF BS but your nervously anxious pleas worried as to what will the rest of the world thinks? has all the symptoms of a WEF cheerleader

edit on 2-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Y’all want this beef to happen so badly.

I guarantee you, trump and desantis are already spoken and formulated a plan on how to move forward. I would not be the least bit surprised if desantis is his VP in 2024, and then becomes potus afterwards.

Trust the plan.

Trust the plan? whose plan would that be?

So Trump and DeSantis have discussed throwing barbs at each other? and together they decided let's bring up Trump's losing the election. As a decisive election strategy ...

Interesting theory too bad we don't have a remember this post capability, nor do we have any other confirmation of such secret and clandestine discussions except your noble and honorable guarantee.

While I'm completely skeptical, I do admire your steadfast belief that this has occurred, hell I don't have such surety in the news that is actually reported as really happening.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LordAhriman

It'll be entertaining to see how quickly Cruz turns on Trump once it's clear Trump won't be getting the nomination after being his biggest sycophant for six years.

How is Cruz gonna be a player in 2024 this at all, the only reason Cruz was in the cast in 2020 is he was briefly a candidate.

DeSantis or Trump would likely easily carry Texas regardless of how Cruz felt about it. Hell Cruz publically railing against Trump would probably help Trump more than hurt him even in the Republican party.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Remember all the sh1t Trump spewed about Cruz, Rubio, Bush, etc... in 2016? What goes around, comes around.

Respectfully Trump spews shift about everybody it's what he does, LOL hell it's likely what made him so popular.

What percentage of likely Republican voters is gonna remember what Trump said about Rubio, Cruz, or Bush and even less likely actually care?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Trump improved the economy by adding trillions of dollars to the debt, and Biden has destroyed the economy by adding trillions more to the deficit. it's going to be nearly impossible to change the course we're on, when the mind set is to try and spend our way out of it.

The country can't be run like a high-stake real estate venture where you can just declare bankruptcy and have a clean slate.

Trump sent even more troops to Syria and backed Ukraine. His policies may be different than the establishment, but there were plenty of warning flags on long term consequences appearing in the last third of his administration-almost like he was buckling under to pressure from the DC movers and shakers. Had he been seated for a second term I'm not sure our path would have been a whole lot better; remember, he fell for C!( hook, line and sinker. To this day he sings the praises of the vaccine.

I think he lost touch of who he's supposed to represent. His campaign is directed at idiots who have no idea politicians and our gov organizations are corrupt to the core. He feeds the negative emotions in people who live life with their emotions and not their brains.

Promising to make America is great to campaign on; we all want that. The problem for me is he never says how he's going to accomplish that. He already showed he doesn't have the power to fulfill his promises with his first term, so why would we assume another term would be different?

I honestly can't think of a single person I would want to vote for. I'm just sitting back and watching until they give us the choice of the lesser of two evils.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think it just shows how both DeSantis and Trump are more concerned with their political power than actually helping America - like most politicians.

However, I'm not sure we'll be getting a POTUS that isn't a political swamp creature anytime soon. But Trump and DeSantis do a good job at pretending they're not.

<<   2  3 >>

join