It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let MeTell You -FYI 2023- writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It was pure bliss. Nowhere on Earth is there a place where the silence could ever be so absolute as it was here. Comparable only to sitting in a cave deep below a mountain.
But you could feel the work that went into this place. The blood and sweat over time flowing on a subparticle level into the masonry. The workers hammered their phantasies and dreams into the stones, their worries, their love, their sorrow, their joy.
Everything real only on a metalevel of existence.
But overwhelmingly there after thousands of years.

A hum to set it in motion. To test the room. I remember vividly how they all responded. It was almost too much, it ripped me out of my body, shattered and spread my very being, I was so stretched my body was the pyramid.
This crazy intense vibration in this absolute silence and absolute dark ended as quickly as it had begun, in that state it felt like forever, but after I realised the match in my hand was still burning it probably had lasted only a second.
I lit the candle, and yes I know: what a sacrilege, don't do that. But I did. Purple candles.
Just two.
I also had a pillow and a blanket, a bottle of water and tabacco.
I wanted to take my time.
It's not an opportunity many people get so I intended to use it.

So I sit there in my best lotus position and just let my mind fly. In this total silence I need to really watch my breath, it was just too loud in this silence. I felt how it was bothering me, as if this silence had always been my natural state. I also felt curiousity, something like nervous expectation.
A giggle bubbled up in me and I felt it with my whole body but I couldn't stop it. A part of me was watching as the giggle broke out of my mouth, just thinking 'oh no' slightly before it happend.
And with the noise I get thrown back into my body, while the giggle still echoes through the air, thrown around from the walls like a ball. And I remember the rules:
Introduce yourself.
Clearly state your concern.
Never use negation.

And just as I want to say my piece there appears this orb in front of me. And just invades my body. It's cells just push mine aside and it feels like I'm burning and bursting again. As if a million hands broke through my skin to touch me from the inside.
I must have passed out because I found back to my senses laying on my side in the dust. That made me question my courage.
So I packed up and put my flashlight on to go. Just: out.

And I mean the first time you see it it's a shock. The red orange yellow sky. The Grey and Green people, those vicious dwarfs and the demons are really nasty, and....
But I mean in my defense, I didn't know that would be the result.
And I think we can all take comfort in knowing: they were all always there, I didn't create them.
I just freed them from the prison of our imagination.

The End

edit on 1-2-2023 by Peeple because: of course

edit on 1-2-2023 by Peeple because: more

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   
THank you for submitting a Story.

We wish you success in the Contest!
Johnny

edit on 2/11/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple Well done

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"fantasy", "tobacco", "peace"... Makes sense. Thank you

new topics

top topics

join