It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who made this mysterious artwork on a plateau overlooking Las Vegas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
www.wenatcheeworld.com... 621.html

This makes me think of the steel obelisks, if I have that right, that were found a few years ago. Someone got up to something crazy and is now creating stupid buzz for a rather clever prank as it seems this would have been noticed a long time ago. This just can't be something old but damn, I wonder how it was created with no one knowing what was going on. It didn't just happen overnight, there had to be some legwork in there,

LAS VEGAS — Atop a rocky plateau overlooking Las Vegas lies a mysterious work of art.

Even when you’re standing right in front of it, you can’t see it. But if you pay close enough attention, you’ll notice that certain rocks — and they’re hard to see because it’s just a mess of rocks up there — have been arranged in a certain way on the plateau.

Only when you zoom out from high above, either with a drone or with Google Maps, do you see that it’s a large triangle with a face at one point and a yin and yang symbol at another point.

It’s not known who created the piece of land art or how long it’s been there. The Bureau of Land Management, which owns that land, found out about it when the Review-Journal asked for comment. BLM officials also don’t know who created it.

Dr. David Golan, who lives nearby, noticed it a couple of weeks ago while walking his dogs Jaxx and Sophie up the rocky hill, which stands just west of South Fort Apache Road and Cactus Avenue, where the Mountain’s Edge neighborhood in southwest Las Vegas ends and the desert begins.

Golan and his wife, Brandy Moore, found themselves on one of the formation’s higher ledges overlooking the hidden-in-plain-sight creation, and that’s when he noticed the way the rocks were forming shadows.

“I was at the very top up there looking down, and realized there was this just this pattern in the rocks, and I realized it’s a face and a yin and yang sign,” said Golan, 60, a former University Medical Center trauma physician who now operates clinics in Las Vegas.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
www.wenatcheeworld.com... 621.html

This makes me think of the steel obelisks, if I have that right, that were found a few years ago. Someone got up to something crazy and is now creating stupid buzz for a rather clever prank as it seems this would have been noticed a long time ago. This just can't be something old but damn, I wonder how it was created with no one knowing what was going on. It didn't just happen overnight, there had to be some legwork in there,

LAS VEGAS — Atop a rocky plateau overlooking Las Vegas lies a mysterious work of art.

Even when you’re standing right in front of it, you can’t see it. But if you pay close enough attention, you’ll notice that certain rocks — and they’re hard to see because it’s just a mess of rocks up there — have been arranged in a certain way on the plateau.

Only when you zoom out from high above, either with a drone or with Google Maps, do you see that it’s a large triangle with a face at one point and a yin and yang symbol at another point.

It’s not known who created the piece of land art or how long it’s been there. The Bureau of Land Management, which owns that land, found out about it when the Review-Journal asked for comment. BLM officials also don’t know who created it.

Dr. David Golan, who lives nearby, noticed it a couple of weeks ago while walking his dogs Jaxx and Sophie up the rocky hill, which stands just west of South Fort Apache Road and Cactus Avenue, where the Mountain’s Edge neighborhood in southwest Las Vegas ends and the desert begins.

Golan and his wife, Brandy Moore, found themselves on one of the formation’s higher ledges overlooking the hidden-in-plain-sight creation, and that’s when he noticed the way the rocks were forming shadows.

“I was at the very top up there looking down, and realized there was this just this pattern in the rocks, and I realized it’s a face and a yin and yang sign,” said Golan, 60, a former University Medical Center trauma physician who now operates clinics in Las Vegas.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 509-663-5161.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Well here is the story from the Las Vegas Review Journal!

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

Thanks. I'm guessing that a hippy made it.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

As of now...it seems to be a mystery!

There is no indication of when it was made (how old it is) either...so a hippy possibly...but it might be much older than the hippy movement!

Might be much newer too...they seem to have no idea at the moment! It does say in the article that the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) is investigating it though!

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Pretty cool.

Is there artwork with similar facial features anyone knows of that it's comparable to?

Perhaps ancient hindu artwork or South American but the yin-yang suggests otherwise.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

Wouldn't weather erase it over a long enough time line?

What's your opinion on it? Who made it? Was it aliens?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I don't know...not my expertise! Did weather erase the Pyramids and other landmarks in Egypt? Long enough timeline...like what...10,000, 100,000, 10 billion years? Ya, then probably would erase them...weather, comet, volcano eruption, earthquake, etc...!

My opinion is that it is interesting!

I don't know who made it...maybe aliens...I'll ask them if I ever meet one!

edit on 1-2-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Pretty cool.

Is there artwork with similar facial features anyone knows of that it's comparable to?

Perhaps ancient hindu artwork or South American but the yin-yang suggests otherwise.

the monkey king?

yin yang,

chinese?

fairly recent?

vegas has much wetter weather than the Nazca plain so it has to be fairly new.

but what do i know.

even the nazca lines were found in the last century when planes started flying, way out in the middle of no where.

people have been flying around vegas since the 1930's

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I don't know...not my expertise! Did weather erase the Pyramids and other landmarks in Egypt? Long enough timeline...like what...10,000, 100,000, 10 billion years? Ya, then probably would erase them...weather, comet, volcano eruption, earthquake, etc...!

My opinion is that it is interesting!

I don't know who made it...maybe aliens...I'll ask them if I ever meet one!

It's not a pyramid.

Humans made that. Why? who knows but theres multiple examples of similar large scale art in the world that dates back to ancient times. People like drawing.
edit on 1-2-2023 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2023 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   

My guess is Max Keiser paid Steve Pieczenik 30 bitcoins to do it.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

You may very well be right.

I googled 'The monkey king' and it turns out such a movie was made in China in 2014.

The plot is based on an episode of Journey to the West, a 16th-century Chinese literary classic written in the Ming Dynasty by Wu Cheng'en.

The Monkey King wiki

During an attack on Heaven, the Bull Demon King battles and loses against the Jade Emperor, the ruler of Heaven.

The plot thickens, Sarahvital.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Lol, well would you look at that 👍🤣

35°59'58.2"N 115°18'04.1"W

View from above.

edit on 1-2-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I wonder if it's unfinished? Should there be another figure at the 3rd point of the pyramid?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

It ain't Johnny Chimpo from Super Troopers.

I was also looking for old U.S. Airmail Concrete markers in the area. I couldn't see the image posted originally due to a very slow phone.

virtualglobetrotting.com...

This is clearly not an Airmail Beacon.
Thanks for clueing us in.😉👍

Edit: this is an example of an Airmail Beacon.youtu.be...

This 👆 adventurist lady gets around the desert.
edit on 1-2-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Pretty cool.

It's Chinese. That's Sun WuKong the monkey king. This is a symbol of Taoism.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

that was my 1st thought too lol

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Only 450 feet from a parking lot and less than 1000' from a subdivision. Should be rather easy to figure it out. That said I don't see any trails there yet. I would say it's been there several years.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Older than Hippies? Gadzooks man! You can't possibly mean....... Beatniks?????

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Something coming out of the top of the head or lettering??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join