It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: MIT Professor calls for the immediate suspension of all mRNA vaccines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: RazorV66

The vaccines were never supposed to be a shield wall to the virus... no vaccine is. I had my tetanus shot updated a few years back.

I cut my finger on some rusty steel about a year ago, I had mild symptoms and needed, take a guess? A booster! Even tho I had just got an updated shot three years prior.

This is nothing more than a strawman argument and part of the vaccine apologetics.

So do you say that there are no vaccines that can protect you from getting infected and transmit the virus?

You obviously don't understand how vaccines and the immune system works.

Explain us then. Do you say that there are no vaccines that can protect you from getting infected?

I recall a few weeks ago when you were claiming herd immunity can be achieved through vaccination. A claim that has been debunked several times. Everyone knows that the Covid vaccines cannot stop transmission and Infection. So no herd immunity.

But so you say that others vaccines cannot stop infection and infection?

That study explained how herd immunity could be reached within that target population, but you could not be bothered to read it, therefore, what is the point of discussing it with you?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Asmodeus3

It's not a strawman... covid is a virus right? Why would it act any differently than all others out there?

I mean, my tetanus shot story might be a strawman, but the principles of vaccines and inoculations is similar to covid and vaccines for covid.

Biology doesn't magically change with covid.

There are different types of viruses. Not all viruses are the same.

My question was different. Do you claim that there are no vaccines that can stop infection and transmission? This is not about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

And Covid us not a virus. Is the disease that found be caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The same may cause nothing to a large number of people who never get Covid. They are asymptomatic just as I was.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The vaccines were never supposed to be a shield wall to the virus... no vaccine is. I had my tetanus shot updated a few years back.

I cut my finger on some rusty steel about a year ago, I had mild symptoms and needed, take a guess? A booster! Even tho I had just got an updated shot three years prior.

This is nothing more than a strawman argument and part of the vaccine apologetics.

So do you say that there are no vaccines that can protect you from getting infected and transmit the virus?

Explain us then. Do you say that there are no vaccines that can protect you from getting infected?

I recall a few weeks ago when you were claiming herd immunity can be achieved through vaccination. A claim that has been debunked several times. Everyone knows that the Covid vaccines cannot stop transmission and Infection. So no herd immunity.

That study explained how herd immunity could be reached within that target population, but you could not be bothered to read it, therefore, what is the point of discussing it with you?

Long time ago they didn't know whether herd immunity could be achieved. It is now known that herd immunity is not possible. Actually it is known for long time as infections keep going on and vaccines never prevented them. The Covid vaccines never prevented transmission and Infection. So no herd immunity. Eventhough you were going about this for long. I suppose you have moved away from such views.

Do you think that vaccines cannot prevent infection and transmission? Generally speaking.
edit on 31-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

It's not a strawman... covid is a virus right? Why would it act any differently than all others out there?

I mean, my tetanus shot story might be a strawman, but the principles of vaccines and inoculations is similar to covid and vaccines for covid.

My question was different. Do you claim that there are no vaccines that can stop infection and transmission? This is not about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

And Covid us not a virus. Is the disease that found be caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The same may cause nothing to a large number of people who never get Covid. They are asymptomatic just as I was.

Then why are virologists using the words 'virus' and 'viral'? Are you saying virologists don't know what a virus is?

"How researchers anticipate the evolutionary trajectory of the virus in advance in the design of next-generation vaccines requires investigation," Zhao continued. "Here, we performed a comprehensive study of 11,650,487 SARS-CoV-2 sequences, which revealed that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein evolved not randomly but into directional paths of either high infectivity plus low immune resistance or low infectivity plus high immune resistance."

medicalxpress.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Long time ago they didn't know whether herd immunity could be achieved. It is now known that herd immunity is not possible. Actually it is known for long time as infections keep going on and vaccines never prevented them. The Covid vaccines never prevented transmission and Infection. So no herd immunity. Eventhough you were going about this for long. I suppose you have moved away from such views.

Do you think that vaccines cannot prevent infection and transmission? Generally speaking.

What you fail to understand is it's not just vaccines, it is how our immune system works, genetics, viral load, existing comorbidities - many other factors play into it. Lower transmission rates due to low viral load is what that article was trying to explain. Low viral load + vaccination + immune system doing it's job + low population density = lower transmission. Herd immunity can be achieved within certain population groups as you would have learned if you had read the study.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Then why are virologists using the words 'virus' and 'viral'? Are you saying virologists don't know what a virus is?

"How researchers anticipate the evolutionary trajectory of the virus in advance in the design of next-generation vaccines requires investigation," Zhao continued. "Here, we performed a comprehensive study of 11,650,487 SARS-CoV-2 sequences, which revealed that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein evolved not randomly but into directional paths of either high infectivity plus low immune resistance or low infectivity plus high immune resistance."

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Learn the different types of viruses and why vaccines sometimes can prevent transmission and infection and other types are unable to do so.

Do not ask me idiotic questions and don't link irrelevant quotes.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I don't get your link... it has one citation.

COVID-19 Vaccination Did Not Increase the Risk of Potentially Related Serious Adverse Events: 18-Month Cohort Study in an Italian Province

Which is this study found out of Italy:

www.mdpi.com...

Which has this conclusion:

In the entire population of an Italian province, followed for an average of 14 months, individuals who received one or more doses of COVID-19 vaccines did not show an increased risk of death for any cause, death unrelated to SARS-CoV-2 infection, or any of the selected potentially vaccine-related serious adverse events requiring hospitalization (myocardial infarction, acute heart failure, cardiac arrest, ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, coronary artery dissection, aortic or peripheral aneurysm, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, and myocarditis, or pericarditis). These findings were consistent across genders, age-classes, most frequently administered vaccine types, and SARS-CoV-2 infection status and remained so after adjustment for previous episodes of disease and several potential confounders. Further research in the coming years will be required to evaluate the long-term safety of COVID-19 vaccines

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

Learn the different types of viruses and why vaccines sometimes can prevent transmission and infection and other types are unable to do so.

You specifically mentioned sars-cov-2 as not being a virus, now you are claiming all types of viruses are not the same. I posted a source specifically about sars-cov-2 replying to your 'sars-cov-2' is not a virus. Idiotic is the right word for it.
edit on q00000037131America/Chicago4242America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What you fail to understand is it's not just vaccines, it is how our immune system works, genetics, viral load, existing comorbidities - many other factors play into it. Lower transmission rates due to low viral load is what that article was trying to explain. Low viral load + vaccination + immune system doing it's job + low population density = lower transmission. Herd immunity can be achieved within certain population groups as you would have learned if you had read the study.

There is no herd immunity when it comes to SARS-CoV-2. The vaccines cannot prevent transmission and infection.

It is not me who fails to understand the basics of biology and immunology.

Your argument above have been refuted several times.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

There is no herd immunity when it comes to SARS-CoV-2. The vaccines cannot prevent transmission and infection.

You just don't understand how low viral loads plus being vaccinated can achieve herd immunity because you don't want to know.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I don't get your link... it has one citation.

COVID-19 Vaccination Did Not Increase the Risk of Potentially Related Serious Adverse Events: 18-Month Cohort Study in an Italian Province

Which is this study found out of Italy:

www.mdpi.com...

Which has this conclusion:

In the entire population of an Italian province, followed for an average of 14 months, individuals who received one or more doses of COVID-19 vaccines did not show an increased risk of death for any cause, death unrelated to SARS-CoV-2 infection, or any of the selected potentially vaccine-related serious adverse events requiring hospitalization (myocardial infarction, acute heart failure, cardiac arrest, ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, coronary artery dissection, aortic or peripheral aneurysm, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, and myocarditis, or pericarditis). These findings were consistent across genders, age-classes, most frequently administered vaccine types, and SARS-CoV-2 infection status and remained so after adjustment for previous episodes of disease and several potential confounders. Further research in the coming years will be required to evaluate the long-term safety of COVID-19 vaccines

The OP conveniently never reads the 'Conclusions' or anything that goes against his confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If you get an inoculation so any virus or toxin, it tricks your body to thinking you have a full viral load, and causes an immune system response to that particular virus or toxin.

When the actual virus or toxin gets into your system it will attack your cells but your body is ready and armed to rid it as fast as possible or lower symptoms.
The virus still infects you with or without a vaccine...

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

medicalxpress.com...

No that's a strawman.

You specifically mentioned sars-cov-2 as not being a virus, now you are claiming all types of viruses are not the same. I posted a source specifically about sars-cov-2 replying to your 'sars-cov-2' is not a virus. Idiotic is the right word for it.

You are chating nonsense! Where did I say that SARS-CoV-2 is not a virus? Can you not read?

It's the friend of yours above that refers to it as COVID. But COVID-19 is the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2.

I think you are now confusing your arguments even more than before.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yes, I'm starting to notice that basic information is being blatantly ignored...

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You just don't understand how low viral loads plus being vaccinated can achieve herd immunity because you don't want to know.

No herd immunity can be achieved with SARS-CoV-2. This is already known. You seem not to understand the basics here and you keep going when this argument of yours have been refuted several times.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If you get an inoculation so any virus or toxin, it tricks your body to thinking you have a full viral load, and causes an immune system response to that particular virus or toxin.

When the actual virus or toxin gets into your system it will attack your cells but your body is ready and armed to rid it as fast as possible or lower symptoms.
The virus still infects you with or without a vaccine...

So do you say that vaccines cannot prevent Infection?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Explain us the viral load part and how the Covid-19 vaccines can help achieve herd immunity.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So in the US or anywhere in the world do we have herd immunity? That is highly related to the vaccines. Do vaccines prevent transmission and infection?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Don't spin this on me.

You're part of the group that believed vaccines were a shield wall to a virus, and then felt like you were lied to. That's the vibe I'm getting. Because I've known for a long time that vaccines aren't 100% effective.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Don't spin this on me.

You're part of the group that believed vaccines were a shield wall to a virus, and then felt like you were lied to. That's the vibe I'm getting. Because I've known for a long time that vaccines aren't 100% effective.

No you are mistaken. These are strawman arguments. I am part of no group and I don't 'believe' in anything. You have mistaken me with someone else.

Do you think there are vaccines that can prevent transmission and infection?

What about herd immunity? Can these vaccines provide contribute towards herd immunity?

By the way I don't know who you are. I don't think I have seen you around. How do you know me??
edit on 31-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join