It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could See Every Satellite, What Would The Sky Look Like? 360/VR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Scott Manley has created this 360 video to show what our night sky would look like if we could see all of the Satellites and space junk orbiting our planet , as it is these Satellites are causing problems for astronomers but in the coming years thousands more will be added to the clutter.

Enjoy the night sky and despair at the mess we are making of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I heard that the world govt. are preparing a large net to get the debris.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

There are efforts underway to clear some of the debris but only because it causes a danger to functioning Satellites so it does not solve the problem of the increasing number of Satellites being placed into Earth orbit , Starlink alone have planned for 30,000 orbiting internet boxes and as more companies launch networks to compete with Starlink the numbers will be literally astronomical.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've got 40 acres and almost every vehicle I've owned for the past 30 years, neatly parked out back.

I call that my retirement fund (jokingly).

The kids aren't looking forward to collecting on it...mwhahaha

My last laugh...

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I get the feeling any potential alien visitors look at that mess like we look at the garbage patch in the pacific.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Out of sight. Out of mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Wow so many up there

And needles to say , they are all spying me

Im not paranoid

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I've got 40 acres and almost every vehicle I've owned for the past 30 years, neatly parked out back.

I call that my retirement fund (jokingly).

The kids aren't looking forward to collecting on it...mwhahaha

My last laugh...

Your kids may have the last laugh if they start a recycled car junk to modern art business.

designbuzz.com...

The same could be done with recycled satellites.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Anyone who plays KSP knows Scott for his content, and also knows how quickly space junk can build up- especially in the optimal orbits.
In the game, little things disappear, out of sight out of mind... But a loose nut, bolt, cable, shard of solar panel, etc moving at 7000 mph can do some real damage if it meets something moving in a different direction at a different speed.
And a collision of course just creates more debris...

Now don't get me wrong, space is big and the chances of an accidental intersection is insanely low... But those chances ARE increasing as more stuff gets lost up there

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Chicken Little's cry may hold a prophetic truth; 'The sky is falling!'; what goes up must come down.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

That'd be a dream come true.

I hope they do something like that!

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I get the feeling any potential alien visitors look at that mess like we look at the garbage patch in the pacific.

I have a feeling aliens would look at us the way we look at cockroaches, mice and rats. Nasty, disgusting creatures that live in their own filth wherever they go. We're even littering Mars now.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Cool post, thanks sir!

Being where we are, I wonder at the spectacle had they added the secret stuff that gets murmured about in the dark rooms...

and for that matter, they might have added the ginormous angelic beings seen by cosmonauts (twice), or space snakes, or "STS tether incident bloboids," or the daily "fastwalkers," or the "Black Knight," or VALIS, or the Big Black Triangles, etc....

and while running mad with speculation, we could tack on the more speculative realms of myth, religions and the multidimensional multiverse so that the sky would be a solid mass of weirdness passing overhead.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
Probably why they haven't invaded.They cant get past our garbage defense screen...

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Chicken Little's cry may hold a prophetic truth; 'The sky is falling!'; what goes up must come down.

My first thought also.

And they all came tumbling down.

I don't know how you can have repeated warnings of a magnetic shift. EMPs, massive plasma releases from the sun, and then set our sky up to play whack a mole with the planet.

Makes me wonder about how smart we really are.

Or how it may be impossible to avoid prophecy.

new topics

top topics

join