It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s time we let Aliens and AI takeover

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes friends, there isn’t much hope left.

I just saw the most idiotic thing I’ve ever seen.

There is a fancy expensive restaurant.
One of the meals is a salad that has food hidden in it so diners get to experience…………………….what foraging is…………😵‍💫
Never mind the fact it looked disgusting, how far are we removed from the natural world that we throw a bunch of leaves
In a large bowl and have people dig for a treasure of food and call it foraging?

Maybe it’s brilliant and I’m getting old. Maybe that isn’t it, and when tshtf and there aren’t “do not eat” labels on the stuff outside we are going to really see some stuff go down.

Peace out.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Seattle is big on idiotic stuff like this. In fact, they have 'foraging restaurants' there. I have friends and relatives there.
They're not into that stuff but they know people who are. Another goofy trend there is 'culinary cocktails'. Drinks with a dozen exotic ingredients, that require elaborate preparation. By contrast, I have relatives in Nebraska. They'll serve you a great steak or burger. For drinks, beer and whiskey.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

LMAO

That's why I pay people when I go out, so they can do the foraging for me.

Stupid yuppies...

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
In a large bowl and have people dig for a treasure of food and call it foraging?

And if I was to dine there, they would have to beg like doggies and literally do tricks to earn the price and the tip which would be thown in coins on the floor.

It's called "learning gratitude for a job".

Anyone can teach, few learn.
edit on 20/1/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I got a better idea.....

If they want to know what foraging is like, let them walk in the front door, hand them a fishing rod, point to the river out back and say, "There's your dinner if you can catch it" and then charge them $500 a plate to cook it.

I would bet almost anything it would be an overnight success. Too many people with too much money and no common sense.

Seriously. How many of these idiots fall for stuff like this. "I Caught My Own Dinner ! " and brag to their friends what an adventure they had.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Seattle is big on idiotic stuff like this. In fact, they have 'foraging restaurants' there. I have friends and relatives there.
They're not into that stuff but they know people who are. Another goofy trend there is 'culinary cocktails'. Drinks with a dozen exotic ingredients, that require elaborate preparation. By contrast, I have relatives in Nebraska. They'll serve you a great steak or burger. For drinks, beer and whiskey.

The dumb thing about it is that it isn’t really even like foraging. In real foraging there is a chance you get nothing. So unless restaurants do that (which would actually be kinda funny and I would take back my idiot rating) this is more like an Easter egg hunt…held by your grandparents…that know you are a little on the slow side. 😂

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I got a better idea.....

If they want to know what foraging is like, let them walk in the front door, hand them a fishing rod, point to the river out back and say, "There's your dinner if you can catch it" and then charge them $500 a plate to cook it.

I would bet almost anything it would be an overnight success. Too many people with too much money and no common sense.

Seriously. How many of these idiots fall for stuff like this. "I Caught My Own Dinner ! " and brag to their friends what an adventure they had.

Already exists

Listen to what the guy says after he “catches” the fish … He says “we get to eat today”… what a joke!! 🤯
edit on 20-1-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Nobody does steak like the beef belt...

That contrast setting is now set at 100 the divide is growing. However doesn't every generation push the envelope in utter crap concepts? I mean look at inline skating, Betamax, and parachute pants, and didn't the 90's give us fondue cooking and the Melting Pot restaurants? and the 80's Medival Knight-themed restaurants?

It's just one American's American dream, as long as it is legal and isn't hurting anyone. Probably somebody who spent years and years becoming a chef and they can't find decent work in Seattle. Pretty sure growing up they didn't dream of owning a restaurant based on foraging. The Restaurant biz has taken a hit a lot of people trained for careers in it from the 2000s on.

Now they are in thier late 40s and 50s and working at Taco Bell ain't gonna cut it.

Supply and demand, how are those restaurants that serve meals in total darkness doing?

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The dumb thing about it is that it isn’t really even like foraging.

You're completely right of course.

Foraging comes with fresh air, scenery, nature, sights, sounds, smells, feelings, sniffy noses, bags, buckets, baskets, treasure, pathways, brambles, flowers, pixies, freshness, a sense of achievement and muddy boots.

You might find something to eat too.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But that is just fishing in a well stocked big bucket. What next, go out back and shoot yourself a cow? That is no more fishing than walking into Red Lobster and saying 'I want that one.' then saying you cought the lobster.

If they just make it too easy, where is the fun in that.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

can you actually eat the salad or is it like dead leaves and dirt?

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It's just one American's American dream, as long as it is legal and isn't hurting anyone. Probably somebody who spent years and years becoming a chef and they can't find decent work in Seattle. Pretty sure growing up they didn't dream of owning a restaurant based on foraging. The Restaurant biz has taken a hit a lot of people trained for careers in it from the 2000s on.

You’re right, some weird … makes people happy, who am I to poo poo on it? I think it is just the degradation of the word forage that bothers me. I know in the real world foraging can sometimes be difficult, it takes skill, you have to actually learn something. Maybe seeing people scooping through a salad and then acting surprised when they find something as if they have been hunting all day, bothers me that we’ve set the bar so incredibly low.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

can you actually eat the salad or is it like dead leaves and dirt?

I honestly couldn’t tell you, the leaves looked terrible to me. But it just looked like a big bruised up salad with things hidden. I wouldn’t want to eat any of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Or something that just wants to eat you.

At least this time of year, the Grizz are sleeping...

Cheers,

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

as a sometimes free lance ad copy writer. Our mantra is from HL Mencken

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public"

or....

P T Barnum...."There's a sucker born every minute."

I don't have great hope for the future!!

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That's not foraging. That's just eating a damn salad. All salad has/is food. wtf

I just heard a great podcast on 'The Greys (aliens) and AI' and are they here to 'steal our soul' . It actually mentioned the hyperactive push towards isolation, virtual life, and materialism. Thanks to the plandemic and lockdown speeding it all up.
Our overlords are definitely not human in the Humanity sense of the word.

So no, I am FULLY AGAINST AI and ALIENS. That's what 'they' want......

Screw the Borg.

More human interaction and education.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Only went to the Melting Pot once, I liked it a lot, taste wise, but the extravagant price for so little food and not amazing quality was ridiculous. Luckily it was a prize; in High School at a cinema nearby they had one of those new cars in the lobby, and you would fill out a ticket for a 1st 2nd or 3rd prize. I guess I got 3rd or so since it was a $100 certificate for dinner for 2 at the Melting Pot.
I always thought that was a unique place , not a chain. Shows what I knew.
I took my HS crush. She either didn't get the hint, or didn't like me that way, just as friends. lol

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

That's not foraging. That's just eating a damn salad. All salad has/is food. wtf

I just heard a great podcast on 'The Greys (aliens) and AI' and are they here to 'steal our soul' . It actually mentioned the hyperactive push towards isolation, virtual life, and materialism. Thanks to the plandemic and lockdown speeding it all up.
Our overlords are definitely not human in the Humanity sense of the word.

So no, I am FULLY AGAINST AI and ALIENS. That's what 'they' want......

Screw the Borg.

More human interaction and education.

I agree, and now AI is also doing art. Some of it is incredible, but it’s missing the human element.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LetsGoViking

Cheers,

Thats not always a good thing as you can step right on to one, some of the ol ones just lay down somewhere and let the snow cover them gradually, and once its woken you have a "winter bear", and they are not fun.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

originally posted by: LetsGoViking

Cheers,

Thats not always a good thing as you can step right on to one, some of the ol ones just lay down somewhere and let the snow cover them gradually, and once its woken you have a "winter bear", and they are not fun.

Reminds me of one time as a teenager, I passed out laying on my ski-doo seat.

Woke up with 6 inches of snow covering me, and a tad cold....

lol, live and learn.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join